SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Must we sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
Quickend

Re:

Quote:RandyJ

"Someone has put forth the question whether anyone would be able to say that they are living free from sin. I would suggest that doctrine should not be predicated of personal experience but rather from reason and the word of God"

Well said Brother Randy

2006/2/6 3:37Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Must we sin?

In a word, "No!":-)

The real question is, [b]how[/b] do we obey?

2006/2/6 5:39Profile
claydough

Re:

must we sin? the answer is no. if we say that we must then we must state that adam and eve had to eat the apple, or whatever it was, the fact is they did not have to eat the apple, they chose to.

when you read 1 john 2:1
1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. the first thing this verse says it so that you may not sin. the second thing that is said is "IF" no when. am i saying that we do not sin? not at all, but according to the scripture we do not have to. we have a choice. lucifer became satan becaue he chose to, not because God told him to. he chose that and so do we choose to sin or not. it is only through the power of the holy spirit that gaurds our hearts. that we can live a life of as little sin as we can. the bible does not anywhere state that we have to or that we must. 1 cor. 10:13

2006/2/6 14:54Profile

Re:

I don't understand,what am I saying different that has not already been said on the Revival Hymn everyone is so excited about?

"Why should a person come to the cross? Why should a person EMBRACE DEATH WITH CHRIST? Why should a person go in identification down to cross into the tomb and up again?I'll tell you why because its the only "WHAT????" Did someone say "ONLY WAY to get glory out of a human being????"

"We pray that some of us may go to our own..." WHAT??? Did someone say "funeral tonight and end all the failure and all the weakness???" Our beloved Leonard Ravenhill that's who.

2006/2/6 19:57

Re:

Rebecca, I just had the neatest experience looking over this thread, as one would who has never been to this website before.

The other day, I said, this is the first forum I've ever come back to or ever wanted to.

Now, if you sit back and look at what we are saying, just on this one thread "collectively" ... I dare anyone to find a bunch of people, so dedicated to finding the heart and desire of GOD in their own lives as here, right now.

Unbelievably beautiful.

No one is contradicting each other really, nor disagreeing, but everyone's playing the same symphony but on their own individual instrument.
But it's still the same song and I truly and sincerely believe that this song, on this one thread alone here, is rising up into the very ears of God our Savior and He is pleased.

We're striving and the beauty I see is we're striving together toward the same goal and encouraging each other toward that same goal, at the same time.

For as long as the freedom remains to do this one thing together, I say, sit back and ENJOY THIS ... isn't it WONDERFUL !

2006/2/6 20:54

Re:

Randy,

You did say that you believe it's impossible to stop sinning.Than you go on to say that God does not look at sin and say, "Oh my poor creature,thou are so subjected to ill influences that thou art necessatated to live a sinful life of rebellion against me but I am merciful.Nay, I answer God is not such towards sin."

Than you go on to quote John 3:4-9 Whosoever is born of God cannot sin for His seed remaineth in him and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

Than you go on to say that God can deliver us from temptation.If He can deliver us from temptation as Jesus prayed; "Lead us not unto temptation..." Doesn't temtation come before sin and if temptation comes before sin and we are delivered from temptation than it's impossible to sin right?

2006/2/6 21:01

Re:

MeAgain,

This is a GREAT websight your right!Im just trying to understand where everyone is coming from.Especially all of those who are always quoting Leonard Ravenhill and Paris Reidhead.

As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another.

Sharpening is a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006/2/6 21:07
RandyJ

Peace River, AB, Canada

Re:

Hello there Rebecca,
I must apologize for my language in my last post "I not only do not think that it is impossible to not sin but I think that it is perfectly absurd to say that it is impossible to stop sinning". It unwittingly turned into a tongue twister but if you read it slowly then you will know that I never said that I believe it is impossible to stop sinning. Someone stated that they are glad to see that there are people seeking God and I second that. I will give mine opinion here also that the primary way in which we may please God is to obey. It is not witnessing, praying, churching, studying, but obedience. Those things are, of course, aspects or manifestations of obedience but not the whole. "For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."James 2:11
There is no such thing as partial obedience.
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."Matt 6:24
Oh to be so filled with God that the world could see Christ! My prayer is that we would have more people that are truly filled with God!
"If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth" John 14:15-17
Remaining in Him, Randy

2006/2/6 23:14Profile
jubilee

Re: not sinning

My pastor once said " we are now free not to sin". I believe that is true. Love is a person and if we abide in that person the love of God is manifest in our lives. Love the Lord your God will all you are and your neighbor as yourself. God has written these things on our hearts that we might not sin. I also believe that the in I John we see that we are called to not sin. God is the enabler as we abide in Him.

2006/2/13 0:43Profile

Re: Must we sin?

Quote:
We have all sinned, but must we continue to sin? From everything I read, the gospel speaks of empowerment. I can do all things... we are more than conquerors... greater is he that is in thee...we are told to mortify (kill) the flesh through the Spirit.

As silly as this [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSuui8s3FUk&feature=related]CLIP[/url] is, it's so true about the lust of the flesh. The attractions around us to lure us away from our steadfastness is sometimes overwhelming. You'll laugh your head off as you see yourself in this, at least I did anyway.

We start out with determination and slowly the world the flesh and the devil begin to eat away at us.

2007/11/24 18:15

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy