SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : "Papa, Hell is so Hot"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

A good story. I know that Old Paths Tract Society of Shoals, In publishes this. I think they have it titled as "A Drink from an Old Well" or something similiar.

2010/12/4 22:22Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

The title is "Her Last Drink From the Old Well"
Old Paths Tract Society, Shoals, Indiana 47581
They are very inexpensive or free will offering.

2010/12/4 22:46Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Ginnyrose

Quote:
The LORD has used this mightily in my life ever since I read it back when I was a young girl.

Chick publications did not exist when this was first published back in the 1950s.

This story predates the soft, easy, feel-good drivel that passes for the gospel that is popular today.

ginnyrose

EDIT: Erendal, Your criticism is the first I ever heard against this tract...

I am glad that this ministered to you Ginnyrose, when you were a little girl, but what proof do you have that there is any truth to this story? I remember this tract too, it would have been the early 80's for me.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom Ginnyrose, but it certainly not the end of it. I would rather set a heart on fire in love for God, then to cower before Him as many will obviously do who are not saved when they have to stand before Him.

Romans 8:20-21 (New King James Version)

20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

...delivered from fear too and those who propagate it with a false gospel, like the Roman Catholics. The gospel is good news, not bad news!

Hear the words of the Apostle John:

John 4:17-19 (New King James Version)

The Consummation of Love

17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness (THAT WE MAY BOLDNESS) in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love (THERE IS NO FEAR IN LOVE); but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

I would rather set your heart on fire for Him in love as a zealot ...as a glorious child of God, then to cause you to fear Him in torment. If you have ever been touched by the Holy Ghost, then you know exactly what I am talking about - you will love Him with a burning and unquenchable indescribable love. You will cleave to Him and absolutely hate the things that He hates and you will love the things that he loves, and what breaks His heart will break yours as well.

Sometimes fear is a necessary tool, I agree, (and it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God when you are not saved) but remember to temper the mortar, that is to say: temper judgment with His mercy and with the love of God that leads us to repentance, which does not cause me to fear but to love Him.(fruits)

Fear to the disobedient Ginnyrose, but love, joy, and peace to the elect of God - to those that are truly born again. And oh what a glorious joy it is to come before the Lord! (think David dancing with all of his might)

~~~

When The Oil Flows

You are my friends if you obey me. I no longer call you servants, because a master doesn’t confide in his servants. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. John 15.14,15 Jesus called His disciples His friends…who became the Apostles…elect members of the Bride.

Consider the parable of the ten virgins…(all the virgins believe in Christ, but are not the same before God)
The oil in the lamps has to do with the inner workings of the Holy Spirit (Oil) in a person’s life.

One person seeks the presence of God inwardly, while another stays worldly/carnal and does not grow. One person will never deny the Lord Jesus Christ, while another will say nothing about being a Christian publicly. One person will seek the presence of God inwardly, while another pushes it away and goes about works as a way to gain God’s favor...much like Cain did when he offered grain before God, and not like Abel who pursued the heart of God with love.

But a city that is set upon a hill cannot be hid.

Be zealous for God in all things, and let your heart burn in love for Him with a holy fervor in love. I have found when I apply this oil to my life that I find myself being very much in Love with the Author of my being. And because of that, how can I not love my brother when I see God in him, when it is God that I am in love with. 1 John 4:20 So even if my brother differs from me in understanding, I still love God in him…and will endeavor to treat him with respect as one who has my Father’s image.

Love comes from the Holy Spirit, and when this Oil Flows, my lamp is always full of oil at ALL times, night or day and at any hour. And if a person does this, they will not be numbered among the foolish virgins who did not keep oil in their lamps.

So to keep my lamp full, I will ask God to give me the Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13) so that I will always stay in love with God, full of faith, good works and of the Holy Spirit, and endeavor to keep the unity of the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Holy Spirit come, in brightness of your coming, and in truth. Fill our lamps with oil, so that we may see in the dark. Break the bonds of sin in us your children, and let us see with perfect light, with the oil that you have given us in our lamps. Let my heart love you in depths of my being, to core of who I am forever and ever. Amen.

Father, take not your Holy Spirit from me and forgive me for my trespasses, and let me love you with perfect love in my soul, and let me show this love in everything, everything that I do. Let my life be seasoned with salt, and let the sweet smelling savor of my Lord Jesus be within me, and fill me completely, till I come into the image of my Lord whom I love.

This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ that has so captured my heart! Wow, and what a glorious gospel it is!

2010/12/4 22:49Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Thank you Ginny. :-)

2010/12/4 22:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Earental,

I am at a lost to know how to respond to your post except to say you must not read my posts at all.

ginnyrose

2010/12/5 9:34Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you Ginnyrose for sharing this. I know for me personally it comes as a timely reminder that time is so very short and we need to be sharing the truth of Jesus with those around us daily. Often we get so caught up in the day to day activities of life that we just don't consider that at any moment we or a loved one might breath their last??

God Bless you
mj

2010/12/5 9:48Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

dann said,

Quote:
it is presenting an emotionally charged scenario intended to solicit (via emotional manipulation) some sort of resonse to the gospel, fueled by pity (for the daughter) and/or outrage (at the parent).

Earendel said,
Quote:
I really sounds like a chick publication that uses false stories to illicit some kind of fear response in people. Stick to the gospel and warn people of the judgment to come

This is what the Bible said about Annanias and Saphira.

1 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.
3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

Now, let me ask you this. Was that story in the Bible to illicit some kind of emotional response to the Gospel and to srike fear in the people to manipulate them.

I think if we really stick to the Gospel, we will be preaching the fear of God a lot more.

2010/12/5 12:33Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

We must heed the warnings of Scripture and those that God sends. Hell is hot and eternity is long and we do not want to miss it.

2010/12/5 22:14Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

I don't want to start something. Just saying that as a pre-Christian I would started to avoid the person who would have given me such a tract.

2010/12/5 23:21Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Based on Scripture I convinced we have no clue of the terror that awaits those that reject God.

My husbands' uncle spurned God while alive. Upon his death bed he was in utter terror - he screamed about the fire and the flames....His attending nurse said it was so awful she hope she will never witness anything like this again.(If you do not believe me I can PM his name to you.)

There are too many similar accounts out there that would affirm the account as given in the tract. We do well to take heed...even if it starts out as 'eternal fire insurance'. Once you have acquired it, you will grow and learn to love the LORD Jesus with all your heart, soul and mind and serve him with all your strength. It is a growing process.

Yes, fear is essential.Fear and love are not incompatible. Scripture is full of admonitions how one needs to fear the LORD because his wrath is great - if you do not believe it, read Revelation.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2010/12/5 23:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy