SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Martha ravenhill, Leonards wife...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

Martha ravenhill, Leonards wife...

Martha Ravenhill told me that every one that leonard R. prayed for who had cancer WAS HEALED. She said nobody even new this about him. And she told me that he spent 8-10 hours a day in prayer. She said my husband knew God.
Powerful and interesting.

Brethern, Lets examine OUR life.

PS- More coming soon

2005/12/23 15:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Martha ravenhill, Leonards wife...

Quote:
She said my husband knew God.

Oh that we may know God in the same way even more.

2005/12/23 18:54Profile
brentw

Ohio

Amen!

2005/12/23 22:26Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Martha said ministers would call or come over in the mornings, and Lenoard would still be in bed. What they didnt know he was up over half the night praying. These men thought what kind of preacher is he sleeping so late. Martha never told them why.
The Ravenhills lived for the opinion of God not men.

2005/12/23 23:18Profile
ShirHashirim

Re:

Quote:

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Amen! :-)

2005/12/24 3:26Profile
PassingThru

Quote:
Martha Ravenhill told me that every one that leonard R. prayed for who had cancer WAS HEALED.

... and they were all healed. (Acts 5:16)

The mark of a life dedicated to God. Peter is said to have had "knees of a camel" when he died, due to his prayer life.

PassingThru

2005/12/24 6:43Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
These men thought what kind of preacher is he sleeping so late. Martha never told them why.

... Oh the profundity of that statement.

2005/12/24 10:35Profile
Bomar

Re:

I know an older brother in the lord who was discipled by Leonard Ravenhill named Darren Ely.

One day, Darren Ely was witnessing to a guy, and the guy came under such conviction that he started vomiting.

Later that week, Leonard Ravenhill told him that he was praying for him at the very time he was witnessing to that guy.

2005/12/24 16:15Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Can you continue with these testemonies, brentw?

Thank you.

2006/3/22 22:54Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:

I read a story about Spurgeon:

Years ago The Chaplain magazine told how the noted preacher Charles Spurgeon and his wife were called miserly because they sold all the eggs their chickens laid and wouldn't give any away. Because they always made a profit on their butter, milk, and eggs, rumors circulated that they were greedy.
The Spurgeons, however, took the criticism graciously, and only after the death of Mrs. Spurgeon was the truth revealed. The records showed that their entire profits had been used to support two needy, elderly widows whose husbands had spent their lives in serving the Lord. The Spurgeons had refused to defend themselves because they did not want to call attention to their giving.

Other source:

Charles Spurgeon and his wife, according to a story in the Chaplain magazine, would sell, but refused to give away, the eggs their chickens laid. Even close relatives were told, “You may have them if you pay for them.” As a result some people labeled the Spurgeons greedy and grasping.

They accepted the criticisms without defending themselves, and only after Mrs. Spurgeon died was the full story revealed. All the profits from the sale of eggs went to support two elderly widows. Because the Spurgeons where unwilling to let their left hand know what the right hand was doing (Matt. 6:3), they endured the attacks in silence.

2006/7/15 21:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy