Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Scripture on wall

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nasher

Watford, UK

Scripture on wall

The Church I attend is thinking about painting a scripture on the wall of the house we own, this will be seen by thousands of people who go to see the home Football (Soccer) team.

Does anyone have any ideas of what would be a good scripture?

2005/12/6 11:15Profile

Re: Scripture on wall

what the theme of your church?

evangelism, discipleship, love outreachs? widows...etc.etc..

Pray about 'what scripture represents ur church'

2005/12/6 12:18
dohzman

Re:

Joshua is right. This is really an area where you have an oppurtunity to hear from God and see what He wants you to place there. Seek and you shall find, ask and it will be given to you, knock and it will be opened up to you :-)

2005/12/6 12:22Profile

Re:

Mr. Miller (dohzman) don't mean to 'add' on to ya, but gotta. ;-)

Luke 11:5-8

5 Then He said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and goes to him at midnight and says to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves;

6 for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him';

7 and from inside he answers and says, 'Do not bother me; the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything.'

8 "I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs.

It's a persistant 'knock' that the scripture is speaking of. So, plead with God, and wait upon Him at the same time (pound on the door while awake, then sleep at the door, then wake and continue to pound ;-) )

2005/12/6 12:29
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

Hi YeshuaIsMyGd, our Church doesn't have a "theme", we do evangelise, disciple, and have outreaches etc. but we are not focused in one particular area.

2005/12/6 12:53Profile
Onfire

That's a tough one Nasher. I understand your reasoning for wanting to attract the attention of those who pass by. I'm one of those who believe the walls should actually come down and we meet the people where they are like Christ did instead of building buildings and expecting them to come to us.

Please don't take this as front to what you're saying. I think it is good to present the gospel in a visible manner.

2005/12/6 13:33Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Hey Nasher

what about this verse

[i]"Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."[/i]
[b]Joh 4:13,14[/b]

But ask Jesus what He wants, as YeshuaIsMyGod and dohzman already said, pray for it, seek and you shall find!

-William

2005/12/6 14:42Profile

Re:

Nasher,

I would suggest two, OT and NT together:

Isaiah 9:2

The people who walk in darkness
Will see a great light;
Those who live in a dark land,
The light will shine on them.

and John 8:12

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”

Bub

2005/12/6 15:31
2HIMtheglory

Do whatever the Lord tells you after fervent prayer. First passage that came to my mind was Matthew 7:21-23. The world needs to know that it is one thing to call Him 'Lord' and quite another to do the will of the Father. There are too many living in a false sense of security. (those who have experienced a false conversion)

2005/12/6 15:38Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

May be a good one. But your church may get egged or burnt to the ground.

or

Jhn 3:17-19 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

2005/12/6 15:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy