SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Help! Jesus is the Son. Jesus isn't God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
paula4jc

Help! Jesus is the Son. Jesus isn't God

A dear friend at work whom I really enjoy talking to about the bible "SHOCK" me today, he believes Jesus is the Son of God, but he doesn't believe He's God. I briefly mention some of these verses and plan to pickup again tomorrow. I always believe my Lord is God and never knew there were bible believing people who believe other wise. Any one here beleives as my friend?
John 10:30
I and the Father are one."
John 14:9
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Matthew 22:44
" 'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet." '
Philippians 2
6Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing, taking the very nature[b] of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

2005/12/5 17:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Help! Jesus is the Son. Jesus isn't God

This is a helpful website to answer this question or at least give you more things to think about:
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/jesusgd2.htm

2005/12/5 18:40Profile
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

The Son of Man

I would say that if John's Gospel is to be taken literally, that the first chapter is a wonderful example of Christ's Godhead. "In the beginning was the word... (... ...) And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us... John bare witness of him..."

That first comment is a major strikepoint, as it is most definitely key to take John's Gospel as inspired and factual. However, more liberal viewpoints don't, and the evidence to support a "published" letter earlier than AD 150ish is unfortunately often taken as skeptic-worthy.

2005/12/5 19:18Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: Help! Jesus is the Son. Jesus isn't God

I have always struggled with the idea that Jesus is God. I have serious reservations about it due to the many scriptures like these below. In the New Testament Jesus uses the expression "My Father" 62 times. Jesus uses the phrase "My Father which is in heaven" 7 times. I believe that scripture is very clear of a distinction between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Some of the many are here.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

I am not a great bible scholar, but we have to let scripture say what it says, even when we can not understand it.. LOL Greg

2005/12/5 20:13Profile
InigoMontoya

Michigan

Re:

Sheesh, check out that website a bit more... a bit um, extreme KJV-Onlyist.

2005/12/5 20:20Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

What?? I have grown up with the KJV, and it has served me well for the last 40 some years. Sorry that you have a problem with that, indigo montoya LOL Greg

2005/12/5 20:33Profile
InigoMontoya

Michigan

Re:

Smokey, I don't wish to bicker over bible versions. I have no qualms with the KJV, just with the idea that all other versions are tools of Satan. As that website explicitly stated. In the spirit of the original post though, lets focus on that for now. :)

2005/12/5 20:46Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Why is it that you youngsters bristle, and get offended every time one of us old guys refrences the KJV??? I had not looked at the website. I JUST PREFER THE KJV.. LOL Greg

2005/12/5 20:54Profile
InigoMontoya

Michigan

Re:

Paula, alot of people have problems with this because of a difficulty understanding the Triune nature of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as well as the "fully man, yet fully God" concept.

Carm has a good write up on who Jesus is: http://www.carm.org/seek/Jesus.htm

2005/12/5 21:03Profile
paula4jc

Re:

"http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/jesusgd2.htm"

Above site is aswsome, thanks.

I'll check out the other poster site later.

2005/12/5 21:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy