SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 5

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Ah! How foolish we are! How we repeat the folly of our first parent [Adam] every day when we seek to hide sin from conscience, and then think it is hidden from God.
CHARLES SPURGEON

Those who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.
WILLIAM PENN

Labor to keep alive in your breast that spark of celestial fire called conscience.
GEORGE WASHINGTON

2006/5/6 12:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The greatest problem confronting us in the Church today is that the vast majority of professing Christians are not convinced of the reality and the desirableness of revivals."
-Martyn-Lloyd Jones

2006/5/6 14:10Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

SI Members

"Is any sin so luscious, that it is worth burning in hell forever?" C.H. Spurgeon

Murray

2006/5/7 7:16Profile
teamtoucan

Queanbeyan, Canberra, NSW, Australia

Re:

"Too long have we been waiting for one another to begin! The time of waiting is past! The hour of God has struck! War is declared! In God's Holy Name let us arise and build! 'The God of Heaven, He will fight for us', as we for Him. We will not build on the sand, but on the bedrock of the sayings of Christ, and the gates and minions of hell shall not prevail against us. Should such men as we fear? Before the world, yes, before the sleepy, lukewarm, faithless, namby-pamby Christian world, we will dare to trust our God, we will venture our all for Him, we will live and we will die for Him, and we will do it with His joy unspeakable singing aloud in our hearts. We will a thousand times sooner die trusting only our God, than live trusting in man. And when we come to this position the battle is already won, and the end of the glorious campaign in sight. We will have the real Holiness of God, not the sickly stuff of talk and dainty words and pretty thoughts; we will have a Masculine Holiness, one of daring faith and works for Jesus Christ."

CT Studd

2006/5/7 7:21Profile

Re: Great Quotes

The Holy Spirit has come to [b]make[/b] the life of Jesus Christ [b]real[/b] [u]in your flesh[/u].

said by GW North at a conference.

Does anyone know if he was quoting someone else?

2006/5/7 11:09
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Robert Murray McCheyne, was only 29 years of age
when he died in 1843. He once wrote in his diary:

Live so as to be missed when dead.
Robert Murray McCheyne (1813-1843)
Scottish minister

2006/5/14 17:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Knowledge without repentance will be but a torch to light men to hell."
- Thomas Watson

2006/5/17 18:00Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

"The highway of Christian living is strewn with has-been's."

-Leonard Ravenhill

2006/5/17 22:52Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"'Not called!' did you say? 'Not heard the call,' I think you should say. Put your ear down to the Bible, and hear Him bid you go and pull sinners out of the fire of sin. Put your ear down to the burdened, agonized heart of humanity, and listen to its pitiful wail for help. Go stand by the gates of hell, and hear the damned entreat you to go to their father's house and bid their brothers and sisters, and servants and masters not to come there. And then look Christ in the face, whose mercy you have professed to obey, and tell him whether you will join heart and soul and body and circumstances in the march to publish his mercy to the world."

-General William Booth

2006/5/25 10:37Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

When I received my first invitation to preach at a university and was asked what my honorarium would be, I answered, "It is honor enough to preach the Gospel. I can't see why an honorarium is needed. Where I come from, the honorarium for telling the story of Christ is twenty-five years in prison. If you witness for Him in jail, it is twenty-five sticks. I will speak without honorarium." The invitation was cancelled. I was considered a nut.
-Richard Wurmbrand

2006/5/25 19:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy