SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : The "26 Day" Bible Plan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

How is this plan going for everyone? I enjoyed my reading in genesis, God showing me much, alot of the verses that stuck out to me was everything that abraham called "on the name of the Lord." and everything the partriachs hearkened to the voice of God.

2005/11/21 10:25Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

It's going. :) I am just trying to read straight through instead of reading some OT and then some NT, as the plan suggested. I am at the very end of Leviticus as of this morning. I will listen to another CD on my way home, which will put me somewhere in the middle of Numbers. When I get home I would like to finish Numbers.

WOW! this is intense! I really enjoy it though. I think it will help me with self-discipline and give me a good overview of the Bible. I divided it up by using the number of pages in my bible, and I could read the whole Bible in a month if I read 52 pages a day. My Bible has a lot of spaces and some commentary so it really isn't 52 whole pages.

I would like to try to make a point to read the whole Bible though atleast 4 times a year, taking four months to do it. And in the other months then I could do more indepth study.

Oh, I pray that I would stay disciplined, I know his grace is suffeicent, but I have to apply it!

2005/11/21 10:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It's going. :) I am just trying to read straight through instead of reading some OT and then some NT, as the plan suggested

yes I am doing the same thing! instead of flipping back and forth. It is helping thus far. Great to hear that you are going along well. Are you underlining verses? I am underlining verses that speak to me and stick out. As I read along, that is a help to keep me focused also.

2005/11/21 10:41Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I really haven't been underlining, but I am going to try to start keeping a journal. So, I will put points that have impacted me in there. Again, another self-discipline thing. I think it would be good in a few years be able to look back and what all God has done. I just downloaded a free journal program off the internet to start it.

2005/11/21 11:14Profile

Re:

i heard as well as repentcanada that it takes an avg. reader 80 hours to read the Word of God.

But, spent an 1 a day and I never finished it in 80 days 8-) maybe cause I dwelled on a certain verse for like half an hour :-P

Wow, it sounds like you guys are like 'being filled with the Spirit'.

I hope you guys, 'pour' out what you receive, into the Lives of others around you.

2005/11/21 15:06
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: The "26 Day" Bible Plan

Hmmm... well, I missed this one. I will testify that reading through the entire Bible in a short amount of time is something everyone should try to do at least [i]once[/i]. I was a part of this last year when Greg posted the 1 month plan, then I think there was a 4 month plan. Currently, I'm taking my time through Romans, studying and applying the grace of God to my life. I feel it's a book I can really relate to right now and I want to let it sink into my heart and be lived out in my life.

All of you who are doing this, be blessed! It would be nice to read what you all are getting out of it. [smile]

2005/11/23 12:56Profile
Melissa

Virginia

I'm about ten days late as I just came across this. I seems that the Lord has been speaking to my heart to spend more disciplined time in the scriptures lately, so this would be a good time and way to do so, especially since December will be a lighter work schedule for me than most other months. I will be praying for all who are doing this as well, that we wouldn't just be simply reading, but that God would use this to reveal His dear Son in us and that it would be a "washing with the water of the Word." May the scripture not be merely a model that that we strive to attain to, but rather a testimony and a witness of what the life of Christ is acomplishing and already has accomplished in us.

"...they [the scripures] are only a declaration of the fountain and not the fountain itself..."
-Robert Barclay, Quaker apologist

"You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify aboutMe" John 5:39

2005/11/25 14:25Profile
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Hello,
I will start this soon...

I have not had discipline in the study of the Word lately.

thanks!

2005/11/25 19:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
"...they [the scripures] are only a declaration of the fountain and not the fountain itself..."
-Robert Barclay, Quaker apologist

Melissa,

Tremendous quote! surely the reading of the bible will not just be for divine information but lead us to that "living fountain" namely Jesus Himself. It has been a tough week for me I have had alot of spiritual warfare so I have not gotten that much of my reading done as I should of! but its good I started early really anyone can still join this plan before dec1 if they want to finish it before the new year.

May God give us all diligence as we read His word and may we know more not just about God but may we experience communion and fellowship with God tangibly as we read His word also. (1 John 2:28)

2005/11/25 19:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Joe,

Glad to see you start this plan, keep posting to let us know your progress may God bless you as you endevour to know Him more!

2005/11/25 19:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy