SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : What type of new features would you like to see on SI?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 What type of new features would you like to see on SI?

I am putting this question out there: "What type of new features would you like to see on SI?" to ask everyone that uses this site if there are any features they would like to see. Also there are alot of features on the site that have been developed and it would be helpful to know if people would like to see expanded work in any existing section such as: Photos, Audio sermons, Articles, etc..

Please shoot out ideas this would be a great brainstorming board to hear from the body of Christ here to make SermonIndex a better place to fellowship and use as a resource.

2005/11/9 16:04Profile
Bomar

Re: What type of new features would you like to see on SI?

I know there are a bunch of "audio books" on the site, and I would love to have them in their own category.

Thanks!

Brian

2005/11/9 18:26Profile
netsam

I go to church at Turning Point in Marysville Washington and just about everyone loves this site! You guys rock!

However I would love it if there were links or biographies on some of the people featured at this site. A.W. Tozer for example has almost nothing on his life unless it is a website copied and pasted from your description of him.

Thanks
Dan

2005/11/9 19:01Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I don't really have any suggestions on new features, I just wanted to thank you again for the old ones! What a blessing the resources at SI have been. I've been enjoying some of the photos lately, thanks for putting those together, that must have taken some effort.

God Bless you Greg.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/11/9 19:39Profile
roadsign

Re: home page

Just a couple of things come to mind:

Can the "Other Speaker" catagories be put in alphabetical order?

Also, I'd like to see the list of current threads on the home page be made longer. Threads sometimes zip by quickly, and disappear too fast. Then I have to go searching for them in the various forums. Or they don't get discussed enough before they are gone.
Can some of the other front page info be put somewhere else, or be made to take up less space ex: The top posters - something I don't check every day? (and probably doesn't mean much to visitors)
Diane

2005/11/9 20:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I know there are a bunch of "audio books" on the site, and I would love to have them in their own category.

This is a tremendous idea brother. I really want to get some volunteers that have good "radio voices" to start reading some of the articles, peoms, hymns and other resources in the Text Sermons section. One speaker that I really would like to see his writings in audio form is John Newton and also Samuel Rutherford, it would be nice to have an english accent!! hehe

Quote:
However I would love it if there were links or biographies on some of the people featured at this site. A.W. Tozer for example has almost nothing on his life unless it is a website copied and pasted from your description of him.

YES. this is another need definetly. I need to get an autobiography section or have it melded into the audio sermon and text sermon and vintage photo areas. This will be prayed and thought about how to have this happen.

Quote:
Can the "Other Speaker" catagories be put in alphabetical order?

Great needful idea. I will look into this possibility and what work it will take to be done.

Quote:
Also, I'd like to see the list of current threads on the home page be made longer. Threads sometimes zip by quickly, and disappear too fast. Then I have to go searching for them in the various forums. Or they don't get discussed enough before they are gone.

That is a good idea but at some points I was even thinking of taking off the recent forums and have the forum section link just there. I think the forums work the best if people are working at them from the main forum level and not just on every new hot post. But I do see the benefits of the recent discussions also. I think if a disscusion is very note worthy of talking about it should be bookmarked or noted and gone back to in the main forum section page.

But I will pray about this and look into alternative designs.

The reason for the top posters and the new members is a sense of community and people actively using the site. I will pray about your suggestion. :-)

Great ideas so far everyone!

2005/11/9 23:30Profile
Bomar

Re:

Quote:
I really want to get some volunteers that have good "radio voices" to start reading some of the articles, peoms, hymns and other resources in the Text Sermons section. One speaker that I really would like to see his writings in audio form is John Newton and also Samuel Rutherford, it would be nice to have an english accent!! hehe

Also, I'm sure we could get people to read classic books, and poweful ones that are more modern, and record them.

2005/11/10 3:23Profile
groh_frog

We were talking about this in another column, but maybe a listing of downloadable tracts that you could print off at home. If there was a listing just like compilations, or any other speaker, but for tracts where you could browse and have more materail at your fingertips, that would be awesome.

Grace and Peace...

2005/11/10 4:24Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
One speaker that I really would like to see his writings in audio form is John Newton and [u]also Samuel Rutherford[/u], it would be nice to have an english accent!!

You're going to get the Scots on your tail! :-D

2005/11/10 4:31Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I agree, biographies would be awesome! and maybe some of the books they have published in the biographies. Some of these speakers I would like to know alittle more info about.

2005/11/10 8:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy