PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 New SermonIndex Moderator

I am happy to announce that there is a new SermonIndex moderator:

Giancarlo (Forevidence)
https://www.sermonindex.net/userinfo.php?uid=5739

If people are wondering Moderators are users of the site that have been prayerfully led and at times asked to participate in more of a leadership role in praying for this ministry and myself and also making decisions towards how to handle situations on the forums. The moderator has the right to delete and edit posts in problematic situations. It is asked that people on the forums adhere to the advice of an moderator when asked.

Also moderators are users of this site also that are blessed by it and love to post things that have touched their heart.

Glad to have you participating in this ministry Giancarlo.

2005/11/4 0:14Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: New SermonIndex Moderator

Hi Giancarlo
Good to have you on board. How about telling us little about yourself?

2005/11/4 2:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Welcome aboard brother!

From Ye Old Webster's;

[b]Moderate
MOD'ERATE, a.[/b] [L. moderatus, from moderor, to limit, from modus, a limit.]

1. Literally, limited; restrained; hence, temperate; observing reasonable bounds in indulgence; as moderate in eating or drinking, or in other gratifications.

2. Limited in quantity; not excessive or expensive. He keeps a moderate table.

3. Restrained in passion, ardor or temper; not violent; as moderate men of both parties.

4. Not extreme in opinion; as a moderate Calvinist or Lutheran.

5. Placed between extremes; holding the mean or middle place; as reformation of a moderate kind.

6. Temperate; not extreme, violent or rigorous; as moderate weather; a moderate winter; moderate heat; a moderate breeze of wind.

7. Of a middle rate; as men of moderate abilities.

8. Not swift; as a moderate walk.

[b]MOD'ERATE, v.t.[/b] To restrain from excess of any kind; to reduce from a state of violence; to lessen; to allay; to repress; as, to moderate rage, action, desires, &c.; to moderate heat or wind.

1. To temper; to make temperate; to qualify.

By its astringent quality, it moderates the relaxing quality of warm water.

[b]MOD'ERATE, v.i.[/b] To become less violent, severe, rigorous or intense. The cold or winter usually moderates in March; the heat of summer moderates in September.

[b]Moderator
MODERA'TOR, n.[/b] He or that which moderates or restrains. Contemplation is an excellent moderator of the passions.

1. The person who presides over a meeting or assembly of people to preserve order, propose questions, regulate the proceedings and declare the vote; as the moderator of a town meeting or of a society.

Definitions will vary :-)

2005/11/4 7:53Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

great, awesome!

But a small question, how did he become a moderator? Is it because God told you? Just wondering, it's cool there is one moderator more when SI is growing, but i'm curious to how this was decided [smile]

[b]Giancarlo[/b]

congrats bro and be very blessed so you can be a blessing to others! [smile]

2005/11/4 8:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

It wasn't as mystical as his name appearing on the wall in handwriting but as I have been talking with this brother over the last month it has crossed my mind that he needs to be more involved with this ministry.

If someone is really desiring to be a moderator and can spend the time being on the site alot then they can let me know and I can pray about it.

2005/11/4 11:09Profile

Re:

Wow. You get to work for Living Waters and Sermon Index! What a blessing!!

2005/11/4 11:25

Re:

Quote:

Lazarus1719 wrote:
Wow. You get to work for Living Waters and Sermon Index! What a blessing!!

I say yes, also. Praise God!

2005/11/4 14:19
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Just to clarify, brother giancarlo is not working for SermonIndex but volunteering. But it is all [b]working[/b] for the Lord. :-)

2005/11/4 15:39Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Thanks you guys for the encouragement in this endeavor. I pray that God would use me for His glory and that this decision of making me a moderator would not be using His grace in vain.

I now this is a big resposibility but with the help of God I will be able to serve you brothers and sisters well.

I am humbled by the request to moderate hear at sermonindex. Especially since i haven't been here as long as everybody else has. But Lord willing God will use that for His Glory

As pointed out already I live in California in the City of Riverside. I went to the bible college that Greg Recently attended and graduated from there, I have a AA in Theology(not that means anything). I have recently began working for Ray Comfort at Living Waters. It is an awesome privilege to a part in both ministries. I have carefully both ministries and their message and I now they deeply impacted my spiritual walk.

I have given my life to pursuit of God and the restoration of His glory in these last days. In a revival of His church to prepare it for coming marriage with her Savior. These two things are my main spiritual goals.

As how I came to that it is too long of a story to tell here, but I will give a bit of my testimony. I used to be atheist... but now God has now made this fool see the truth and I owe God my whole life. I have been a Christian for six years now and It has been awesome to see what God has been able to do with a worthless man like me.

2005/11/5 13:09Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Blessings to you brother. It's a wonderful privilege the Lord has given you.

Quote:
but now God has now made this fool see the truth and I owe God my whole life.

Amen brother. I owe Jesus everything and without him I am nothing...

2005/11/5 14:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy