SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : godhead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Yes Jeff,

"All Scripture points to the Father, the Seed, and the Counselor."

Jesus is the same "yesterday, today and forever."

I can't take a 58 Chevy mechanics manual and fix my 02 Chevy with it. He never changes, and we are not fixer uppers. I am a new creature in Christ Jesus all things have become new. The New is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory." I will not put new wine in old wine skins. I will not use Israel for my salvation, only as a road map to my destination, which is the Father's House as a legitimate heir with Christ, spiritually, legally and on resurrection morning, physically. The God Head said, Jhn 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

"1Jo 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1Jo 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Israel was looking for the Messiah, Not The Son of God, Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, WHAT!!?

Matthew 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Israel never did listen to the Prophets. Even Paul wouldn't listen until Jesus Christ Himself came and knocked him down on the road, blinded him, hollered out of heaven at him, and told him exactly what to do and what was going to happen. This a very special circumstance for a very special mystery hidden from all beings revealed in and to Paul for the very first time. Israel did not have it, that is Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

Matthew 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet,

The meaning of the "prophet" is plain to us now, not only Rezin and Pekah should be unsuccessful against Jerusalem at that time, which was the fact; but Jerusalem, Judea, and the house of David, should be both preserved, notwithstanding their depressed state, and the multitude of their adversaries, till the time should come when a Virgin should bear a son. This is a most remarkable circumstance - the house of David could never fail, till a virgin should conceive and bear a son - nor did it: but when that incredible and miraculous fact did take place, the kingdom and house of David became extinct! This is an irrefragable confutation of every argument a Jew can offer in vindication of his opposition to the Gospel of Christ. Either the prophecy in Isaiah has been fulfilled, or the kingdom and house of David are yet standing. But the kingdom of David, we know, is destroyed: and where is the man, Jew or Gentile, that can show us a single descendant of David on the face of the earth? The prophecy could not fail - the kingdom and house of David have failed; the virgin, therefore, must have brought forth her son - and this son is Jesus, the Christ. Thus Moses, Isaiah, and Matthew concur; and facts, the most unequivocal, have confirmed the whole! Behold the wisdom and providence of God!

Notwithstanding what has been said above, it may be asked, In what sense could this name Immanuel be applied to Jesus Christ, if he be not truly and properly God? Could the Spirit of truth ever design that Christians should receive Him as an angel or a mere man, and yet, in the very beginning of the Gospel history, apply a character to Him which belongs only to the most high God? Surely no. In what sense, then, is Christ God With Us? Jesus is called Immanuel, or God with us, in His incarnation. - God united to our nature - God with man - God in man. - God with us, by his continual protection. - God with us, by the influences of his Holy Spirit - in the holy sacraments, His flesh and blood - in the preaching of His Word - in private prayer. And God with us, through every action of our life, in every thought captive to the obedience of Him, In all prayer without ceasing that we begin, continue, and end in his name. He is God with us, to comfort, enlighten, protect, and defend us in every time of temptation and trial, in the hour of death, in the day of rewards and His judgment seat; and God with us, and in us, and we with and in Him, to all eternity. Christ in us the Hope of Glory.

Would you like to prove this wrong, by putting Israel in the picture and commingle the old with the new and try to put law and grace together and destroy them both?

In Christ: Phillip

2006/5/12 12:06Profile
Logic

Re:

rookie wrote:

Quote:
Brother Phillip quoted:
Quote:
For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

This is the best intersession scripture verse in the New Testement.

I love this example of how paul shows us the spirit of true intersession.

No one can say this accept by the Spirit.

2006/5/13 22:49Profile
rookie

Re:

Br Logic wrote:

Quote:
No one can say this accept by the Spirit.

There were righteous men before the Law given on Mount Sinai, as well as after, but before Christ incarnate. We tend to think that God did not require man who lived during these times to obey His Holy Spirit. If one continues in Scripture one will find that many did not obey and were declared wicked. Many who lived amongst the congregation remained sinners. Yet there is a remnant that God alway upheld by His Holy Spirit.

Psalm 7:

9 Oh, let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end,
But establish the just;
For the righteous God tests the hearts and minds.
10 My defense is of God,
Who saves the upright in heart.

We know according to Paul all men are depraved...Chapter 3 Romans...

As you have said Br. Logic it is only through the Holy Spirit that fallen man can be established by God. Paul writes...

1Cor. 2:9 But as it is written:
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

The way has been established. Only the Spirit of God knows the things of God. Only the Spirit of God reveals those things so that we who have received His grace might know what has been freely given to us by God.

Paul writes in another place testifying of the work God did in those who are the remnant.

Romans 10:

2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

The grace of God through the Spirit and not works saves those whom God forenew during Elijah's generation.

As for the rest who were judged disobedient Paul writes:

Romans 10:

2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Christ has always been the end to the law. For Solomon writes:

Prov. 9:10 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

To know the Holy One means that we must submit to His righteousness. And it is only by the Holy Spirit do men come to know His righteousness and then to possess His righteousness.

Psa. 33:1 Rejoice in the LORD, O you righteous!
For praise from the upright is beautiful.
No one can produce an upright heart in themselves, no one. Only by the power of the Holy Spirit....

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/16 15:08Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
Israel never did listen to the Prophets. Even Paul wouldn't listen until Jesus Christ Himself came and knocked him down on the road, blinded him, hollered out of heaven at him, and told him exactly what to do and what was going to happen. This a very special circumstance for a very special mystery hidden from all beings revealed in and to Paul for the very first time. Israel did not have it, that is Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

The nation of Israel as a whole obeyed God in some generations. But much of those according to the flesh remained disobedient. Yet in Scripture we see that God always, in all generations, has established those whom He foreknew. These are the faithful. These are called the remnant.

Seach through Scripture and listen to who God sends His prophets. There are some who do repent. There are some who after listening to prophets like Elijah, for them their road is made straight.

The life of the remnant, the Branch is found waiting for those who would hear what Scripture has declared. There is an ancient path, that path leads to the understanding of who and what the Holy One means to each individual in the generation that they have been given to live in. This is the mystery. But God's promise is that we all may come to know the substance of the mystery of the Godhead.

Matt. 13:52 Then He said to them, “Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure things new and old.”

There is both old and new. To understand how everything fits together, now that is the substance of the mystery which has always been.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/16 15:25Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: To know the Holy One means that we must submit to His righteousness. And it is only by the Holy Spirit do men come to know His righteousness and then to possess His righteousness.

What makes man righteous?

2006/5/17 0:48Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: There is both old and new. To understand how everything fits together, now that is the substance of the mystery which has always been.

Who is the Mystery? Is the mystery a substance?
Is the mystery a what?

2006/5/17 0:54Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip asked:

Quote:
Who is the Mystery? Is the mystery a substance?
Is the mystery a what?

Col. 2:1 For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh, 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

The mystery is both of the Father and of Christ. What is hidden? All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. What is the result, our hearts are knit together in love so that we may share in the joy of fellowship with the Father and the Son.

By what means is this fellowship enabled? The Power of the Holy Spirit.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/17 12:25Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip asked:

Quote:
What makes man righteous?

Hab 2:

4 “Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith.

So those who are justified shall live by his faith.

All those who are saved by grace through faith are declared righteous by God.

The often repeated definition of grace is "underserved favor."

By what means does God favor those whom He foreknew?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/17 12:32Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
But the kingdom of David, we know, is destroyed: and where is the man, Jew or Gentile, that can show us a single descendant of David on the face of the earth? The prophecy could not fail - the kingdom and house of David have failed;

How does what you say here fit with this covenant that God spoke to David?

2Sam. 7:12 “When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. 15 But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you. 16 And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.” ’ ”

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/17 17:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

There can only be one answer to the mystery revealed now. That is the Person of Christ who is the mystery. Colossians 1:26-28 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

You cannot deny that the mystery is Christ, and the work of the mystery is Christ in you the hope of glory. That being a new creature which has never before been revealed. That is a created being, man, now a creature with the life of God Himself in man, just like the God Man Jesus Christ, by His birth in us. We no longer live but it is Christ who lives in us and gives us access to our Heavenly Father and His Throne and His House where we already live with Christ in heavenly places.

2006/5/18 5:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy