SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : godhead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: godhead

Thanks for bringing this back up Logic. It's a tremendous thread.

2006/3/15 0:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

godhead

Quote:
If God is never changing, He must have had Glorified flesh before His incarnation eternaly, the kind He has now. Otherwise God would have changed.

Hi Logic,

Appearently overlooked this last night even as I was glad to see the thread back up again, it really is a jewel to read through.

You did say 'clarification' here and think this is a misunderstanding in what is meant by "I change not."

The Word [i]became[/i] flesh and dwelt among us.

A bad analogy but putting on a jacket doesn't change you, it just makes you warmer.

2006/3/15 15:48Profile

That's priceless Mike.

:-)

2006/3/15 15:53
Logic

crsschk wrote:

Quote:

The Word [i]became[/i] flesh and dwelt among us.

A bad analogy but putting on a jacket doesn't change you, it just makes you warmer.

I am not only talking about HIS earthly fleash, but also HIS eternal body being glorified flesh now and forever and also from eternaty past.

That would not be like putting a jacket on, because if He didn't have glorified fleash before His Earthly apperance, that would change His essance. Like if the Holy Spirit wasn't a Spirit before time.

So Jesus must have eternaly with glorified fleash accept during his time on Earth.

2006/3/15 17:56Profile

Re:

Hia Logic,
I understand where you're coming from here, but we can't over-stretch that word "essence".

In the Garden, Elohim was heard walking in the Garden ... and you know that is the plural of God ... God is ONE.

In Rev, the Christ is seen as The Lamb as He comes to take the Scroll from He Who sits on the Throne ... yet Stephen saw Jesus on the right Hand of the Father, both on the same Throne and The Lamb comes from the midst of the Throne, etc..

There were Theophanies ... where God/The Logos took a physical appearance or substance to visit Abraham, etc., but that He stayed or always was in that form, is not indicated necessarily by all of the Visions, that Ezekiel and the rest had of He Who sits on the Throne.

His "appearances" are not His "essence" because what the Disciples saw as the risen Christ Jesus, was not what John saw as Christ returns in Rev. 19.

Essence goes beyond substance.

God may appear in any form He has chosen to or choses to, yet it does not change that He is ONE and will once again be ONE after the Millenial Reign, just as He was in the Garden with Adam.
The perfect three in One, having no reason to work in three again, in that eternal setting.

Paradise restored, but much better.

2006/3/15 20:36

Re:

hi all! this is amazing thread!! but for me ironically the very thing that makes it amazing worries me about the trinity! that being u need a degree to understand it..i will be up front i've always struggled with the trinity..

i always felt the obvious question was

"if someone was marooned on a island and discoverd a bible for the first time would the trinity glare out at him/her? i'm not sure it does..

firstly we have Jesus in the Gospels talking in the clearest manner, simply one might say, sparrows and lillies spring to mind..
secondly is the very scripture.. everytime i opened the bible at one stage non-trinity scripture seem to scream off the page i.e

1 cor 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
or
rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
or
rev 1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ,>>>>> which God gave unto him,
or
mt 17:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God..
i know one arguement is Jesus on earth had to submit to God as a human would..but in revs??? andy

2006/4/2 21:03

Re:

Andy, From the time Jesus was conceived in Mary until the End of the End (end of the Millenial reign) Jesus is subject to The Father to fulfill Scripture/Prophecy ... but before He was made flesh -- They were One God --- and will be again after the New Jerusalem comes down and the new earth and new Heaven come.

That's all. No e-sword this time. lol. ;-)

2006/4/2 21:19

Re:

esword queen mannnnnn wouldnt of it been easier for God to of just said Jesus is God haha, why the msytery he must of forseen the confusion.. awww but then we wouldnt have anything to post..andy

2006/4/2 21:25

Re:

Jesus said "I AM" a few times while here in the flesh.

You've got PLENTY to post. HA.

2006/4/2 21:39
rookie

Re:

I am sorry for digressing here, but I just took the time... the last 3 days to read through this thread.

As I read, I felt the hearts of those who strive to know God. I experienced a wonderful time with my brothers in Christ.

What I found that is wonderful, is that, He is working to bring the unity that is found in Christ. There seems to be two sides to the discussion, yet it is our understanding that seperates us.

Again please forgive me for adding my two cents...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/4/5 16:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy