SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : godhead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
PosterThread
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Dear Nasher,

I am sorry my answer to your questions was unsatisfactory. I will answer them more forwardly.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. God is not talking to Himself as we would, and yet, God is not talking to a seperate God.
5. Yes, but not three persons in one substance.

In love,
Blake

2005/11/18 17:14Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Oooo....a low blow below the belt. I thought you played fair. They are both my positions, I do not contract either one.

If holding you to account for the positions you publish is 'hitting below the belt', I can't see any point in anyone saying anything, or in anyone commenting on it. I was merely trying to point out that you were the one who began the comparison in the first place.

2005/11/18 17:42Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Dear Philologos,

Quote:
If holding you to account for the positions you publish is 'hitting below the belt', I can't see any point in anyone saying anything, or in anyone commenting on it.

Everyone said I was taking things a little too personal, so I decided to lighten up a bit. It was meant to be a playful statement.

I am not perfect, and I am sure if you held me accountable for every word I have said, you would probably find error and contradiction, especially in spelling and grammar.

I am sure if I went back I could find error in my own words.

In love,
Blake

2005/11/19 11:02Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Dear Robert,

Quote:
(4) ‘into the name [singular] of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,’ first asserting the unity of the three by combining them all within the bounds of the single Name, and then throwing into emphasis the distinctness of each by introducing them in turn with the repeated article."

This is very true, that a distinction has been made between the three. The doctrine of the trinity was begotten before all English translations of the bible, and so the bible may have been influenced by the doctrine of the trinity. And so, I wonder if the greek translation even included the articles?

Whether it did or not, I would still accept what you have said. A distinction needs to be made the three. As I said, I do believe there is a trinity, however, the trinity is not three seperate persons.

What I do wonder is not so much that the article "the" is used, but what is the name of the three? The word "name" is singular, meaning that it is but one name. Also, this name is highly important, for in order to baptize someone in this name, we must know it.

So, what is "the name [singular] of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"?

Thanks,
In love,
Blake

2005/11/19 11:14Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Way back on November 3 Ron said...

Quote:
OK? digest that and we'll move on to the 'subordination' question.

We've been chewing on this for a while, in danger of turning into indigestion :-P
Could we move on to explore subordination or perhaps a new thread would be appropriate?

In Christ,

Ron

2005/11/19 11:43Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Dear Robert,

You have been highlighting some very good points. Yesterday, I cried out to the Lord saying, "Jesus, I know in my heart what is true, what you have told me. However, I cannot explain it to them. I am not smart enough. Please help me. Please help me to accept what they are saying or to explain it to them."

Almost instantly, my prayer was answered. The Lord gave me the perfect explanation.

Robert, I have not met you in person. I have not heard your voice. You are but a mystery to me. What I know of you is what you have written in this message board. It is your word.

Your word is yours. It is not mine, or anyone else's. Before you wrote, your word was with you. It was face to face with you for it was in your head. Your word was not in your hands or in your feet. It had an exact place with you, one of intimacy and intelligence. Your word was with you where your wisdom also was.

Your word was with you at a time before it was spoken. You word was you. Your word was your thought. It was always with you, although, it was not always expressed. Then one day, you brought forth your word. It was born. You sat down behind a computer and your word became a written word. It became the word that I would eventually read.

Your word is not seperate from you. It is not a seperate person from you. However, your word has existed as a post. This post has gone out from you, born into the world of a message board, and in the universe of cyberspace, it expresses your exact person. Your word did not choose you. Rather, you chose your word. You chose it exactly, how you should want it expressed, and how it would represent you. Without you, your word is useless. Your word can do nothing apart from you. Your word is the expressed image of you.

The person you are, I know only by your word. Your word bears your wisdom. Your word was begotten of letters and sentences that you chose. Your word is you.

In this world of the message board, your word has been given everything you are, to be you, and to represent you in every way. Your word is you, and it is the only you I know. If I have seen your word, then I have seen you.

Human words of course are frail and fallible, and so some of the above is not entirely true. However, God's Word is perfect. God's Word never changes. God has one Word. God's Word is Holy. God's Word is powerful. As John said, God's Word was God.

When God created the heavens and earth, He spoke them into existence. God's word went forth from His mouth and created everything.

God's Word bears God's Wisdom. God's Wisdom is the Holy Spirit.

Human word is limited. God's Word became flesh.

God's Word is not a seperate person from God. It is God. Although, we cannot say it the other way around. We cannot say God is God's Word. This says that God's Word is greater than God. This is impossible. His word cannot be greater than Him. God's Word is God. This means that God's Word represents God perfectly in everyway. So much so, that Jesus said, "If you have seen me, you have seen the father."

God chose His Word. God loves His Word. We may cherish our word, and give it great weight. However, because we are imperfect, because we are limited in knowledge, our word is fallible. We may say one thing, and then say something else. We learn new things, and change over many years. God never changes, and His Word is the same throughout eternity.

Isaiah 55:11 (KJ)
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

In love,
Blake

2005/11/19 12:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Did Jesus say, Myself Myself why have you forsaken Me? Did the Father say this is Myself In Whom I am well pleased? Did the Holy Spirit land upon Himself as a dove? Yet God is one God. Amen.

In Christ: Phillip

2005/11/20 4:07Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Dear Philip,

Did Jesus say, "My father, my father, why have you forsaken me?" Or did Jesus say, "My God, my god, why have you forsaken me?"

Does the Holy Spirit live in you, or does Jesus? Did the Father save you, or did Jesus? Did Jesus forgive your sins, or did the Father? Do you worship Jesus or do you worship the Father? Do you pray to Jesus or do you pray to the Father?

When Jesus lived on earth, everything He did was for our benefit. Jesus was God's Word. God's Word became flesh. Everything Jesus did was a way for God to speak to us. Through Jesus, God showed and demonstrated everything we are supposed to be. We are to follow Jesus.

The Spirit of God dwells inside of you, just as it did Jesus. Does that make you God? No, it doesn't. It makes you a part of God. You are His child. However, Jesus was not just the child of God. Jesus is God. The Word was God.

Psalms 22:1 - (NLT)
For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be sung to the tune "Doe of the Dawn." My God, my God! Why have you forsaken me? Why do you remain so distant? Why do you ignore my cries for help?

Notice the parallel of David speaking in the Psalms. Jesus is not a seperate person from God. He is God. Jesus is not entirely seperate from humanity either. Jesus was a man. Jesus is a person. He is the expressed person of God. In this way, Jesus is the reconciliation between us and God.

I think it's significant that upon the baptism of Jesus, God said, "This is my son." We become God's children when we are baptized in the Spirit.

Jesus did not need to be baptized. He was already God's son, He was already Holy. He was baptized for our benefit. To show and demonstrate what we are supposed to go through. Jesus did all things first.

If you say Jesus is a seperate person, you are suggesting that Jesus needed the Father. Jesus is God, and so how is it He needs the Father?

Jesus can do nothing apart from the Father. If Jesus is a seperate person, then would not Jesus be able to do things apart from the Father?

Jesus is not seperate from the Father. Jesus is God's Word.

In love,
Blake

2005/11/20 9:00Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote;

Did Jesus say, "My father, my father, why have you forsaken me?" Or did Jesus say, "My God, my god, why have you forsaken me?"

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jhn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. I Phillip seek not my own will but the will of Jesus that is in me which God the Father has sent me.

Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Does the Holy Spirit live in you, or does Jesus?

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Did the Father save you, or did Jesus?

Jhn 10:9 I am the door: >>>by me

2005/11/21 4:12Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote;

Mar 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jhn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. I Phillip seek not my own will but the will of Jesus that is in me which God the Father has sent me.

Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Does the Holy Spirit live in you, or does Jesus?

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Did the Father save you, or did Jesus?

Jhn 10:9 I am the door: >>>by me

2005/11/21 4:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy