SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Would Jesus mind us using apple cider for communion?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
groh_frog

Re:

Hey, well put, Karl. I agree that it's an over-picked issue. I don't believe that there is a problem with alcohol if two rules are in place- drink in moderation and don't get drunk, and don't cause a brother to fall; i.e., if it'll cause a brother or another to stumble seeing you drink, don't do it.

Grace and Peace...

2005/10/30 23:36Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

The frequency of observing communion for some is that it replaced the passover which was held once a year. However, in Acts it sounds like it was done oftener. Having it done so often can make it seem too commonplace.

Then there is another question:what about feet-washing? will they do it also? Jesus includes this when he instituted it as written in John 13. We wash feet and it is a very meaningful ritual. When we have communion and feet washing it involves the entire church service and is very meaningful. We do it once a year. Some do it twice so you have the opportunity to do it once [a year] in case you had to miss it for some unavoidable reason.

Anybody else here wash feet as part of the communion service?

ginnyrose

2005/11/1 8:54Profile
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

Check out the history of Welches Grape Juice:

http://www.welchs.com/company/company_history.html

Interesting, huh?

Yeast causes wine to ferment, and yeast is quite often used to represent sin. But even Christ used yeast to represent the Kingdom of God, so we must be careful in taking parables too far.

Don't be too Phariseetical (is that even a word!?) with the communion thing. Do what the Spirit leads, and be mindful of not spotting your testimony.

2005/11/1 9:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy