Discussion Forum : General Topics : Unity in the Body

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
todd

California

Re:

QUote:
"We watch Benny Hinn and others on television and you KNOW that these people are not Spirit-led nor Spirit-filled!
Should my true brother and sister in Christ decide Benny Hinn is the best thing since sliced bread, I'll tell them why I believe they're horribly mistaken and show them Biblically all of my support."

Will you do this for me? One step at a time? If you will, please start another thread about it.

2003/11/20 0:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Will you do this for me? One step at a time? If you will, please start another thread about it.

Todd, good suggestion, I started another thread on Benny Hinn:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=828&forum=34]Benny Hinn? unity in the body[/url]

Y'all (wow I'm actually picking up an accent) can continue on the general idea of unity in this thread still. :-D

2003/11/23 0:16Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re: Unity in the body

As I read some of the comments about the ministries of some modern day celebrity preachers; I was impressed to go and read again Romans Chapter 14, and the entire book of I John. I heard one of my favorite preachers from days gone by Dr. Jack Hyles say, " You'll NEVER hear me criticize another preacher of the gospel". Unless you had been a Fundamental INDEPENDANT Bible believing Baptist LIKE ME, (before I got into HolyRollerism about 4yrs. ago) you may have never heard of Dr. Hyles. Dr. Hyles was a country preacher, and pastored a small country church in Hammond Indiana. Over the course of over 30 years, his church ( 1st Baptist Church, of Hammond Ind.)won untold numbers to the Lord, and averaged over 40,000 in Sunday School for over 20 years. Anyway, in light of all that's been said here, I thought his statement was worth remembering.
Clutch

2003/11/23 20:40Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

Hey Howard,
The only difference is that there are those who preach the gospel and there are those who claim to preach the gospel. And again, the words of man are nothing compared to the words of God. :-)

2003/11/23 21:01Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

OK, start in Romans 14.

2003/11/23 21:04Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re:

I open to Romans 14 and immediately I see "welcome all believers" right at the beginning. I do. A false preacher or teacher is not a true believer...those are the ones Christ will turn away, like in Matthew 7.
Go to the new Benny Hinn thread Greg (wrtbooks) made a link to earlier in this thread. I just posted a bunch of Scripture laying him out as false.

2003/11/23 21:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
OK, start in Romans 14.

here are some higlight verses from that passage:

[b]Romans 14:10 (kjv)[/b] - But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgement seat of Christ.

[b]Romans 14:12 (kjv)[/b] - So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

The one truth I think we can gleam from these verses is that in the end we won't be worrying about the brothers that are false or have false teachings. We will be concerned about ourselves and our responsibility to 'give account' of ourselves to God.

2003/11/24 0:43Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
The one truth I think we can gleam from these verses is that in the end we won't be worrying about the brothers that are false or have false teachings. We will be concerned about ourselves and our responsibility to 'give account' of ourselves to God.

Agreed. I also took a look back through these verses at the suggestion of Clutch (Love that nickname!)

But won't part of our accounting be that we at least attempt to "correct, rebuke, exhort" in love, those that have been led astray or into error?

[u][b]2 Tim 4:2-4[/b][/u]

"Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables."

[u][b]2 Peter 2:18-20[/b][/u]

"For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning."

I know that I am truly thankful for the voices that challenged me in my thinking (and still do!)and led me out of error. Rightly said, the teachers/preachers will give their own accounting as we all will.
Speak the truth in love.
Hate what God hates.
Deception, from false teaching/teachers, the world, the devil and even our own flesh. We can easily deceive ourselves, which I am only to painfully aware of, I can hardly trust my own thoughts. 2 Cor 10.

Yet we are called to learn and grow and humble ourselves, to be teachable and accountable.
I guess we tend to be more vocal about the things that have stung us and want to prevent others from being hurt in the same way.
Motives, who knows? They could be sincere (or not) and that's why it is not an attack on their 'being', their personhood, but on what they are [i][color=000000]saying[/color][/i]. Testing all things, being a good Berean.

We are still called to judge, but with a righteous judgement, not of pride or slander, only God can judge the heart.

2003/11/24 12:08Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

All comments, reproofs, and admonitions; received , considered, and accepted. Well said folks! Phillipians 4:8
" FINALLY, brethern, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely,whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue,and if there be any praise,think on theses things.
Clutch :-P

2003/11/24 22:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy