SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anointing Your Home

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
baruch_48

Re:

I appreciate your words throughout this thread, Bro Hans.

I engage in some 'warfaring' along these lines ...

I remain aware of the 'spiritual atmosphere' round-about me.

amen to this from dullrainbow, as well :

Quote:
I would like to add, that until the first battle is fought and lost, that, being the self life within our hearts. There shall never be any victories won in the second battle which is against: principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. ephesians 6

2005/10/5 8:33Profile
roadsign

Re: oppressive spirits in buildings

Sometimes when I go into a building/room, I can sense a negitive spirit. Once it stayed overnight in a Bible College residence and it felt very oppressive. I prayed all night (couldn't sleep), but could not sense much of a release. Much later I heard about a huge financial scandel among the top leaders that had been kept hidden. (It almost shut the place down)

On another occasion I was a guest musician in a church. I remember, standing at the back beforehand, and each time I looked at the organ, I sensed a verydark oppressive spirit. Then, when I turned around, it lifted. I thought that this was very strange, so I told a lady there. That is not the normal thing to do as a visitor in a United Church. Nevertheless, she did not sound alarmed at all. Instead, she said, "Funny you say that, because there used to be terrible squabbles over that organ. We had to fire the organist."

I ask, Can prayer remove a negative spirit if those who own or run the building are not repentant or not open? What should we do?
Diane

2005/10/5 10:19Profile
roadsign

Re: the tragedy of skepticism

Quote:
I continue to be deeply saddened by the very unkind things some “brothers and sisters” in Christ say about these things. If you want to be popular and accepted, don’t get involved with this.

Sad, but true.

I wish to share an experience that supports this statement.
I stayed overnight at a home of an older couple where the man was insane. (He was a former pastor who had broken down emotionally) I sensed the Lord calling me to rebuke a spirit in him, but felt no leading from his wife. In fact, just before bed time she showed me a book her church was studying on the very topic. It essentially renounced the ministry of praying against spirits. It warned against Neil Anderson, and all other such writers. Clearly this lady was not open.

Nevertheless, during the night the Lord prompted me to pray anyway against the evil spirit in the man. Then God gave me a vision of a pure white room. I knew that my prayer was answered, and I went to sleep.

In the morning the man was perfectly sane and filled with the Spirit. He ministered to me as a pastor.

However, it wasn't long till he went back to his old ways.

Sad isn't it.
Diane

2005/10/5 10:44Profile

Re:

Let Us Prayer,

I had no ill intentions in asking what others thought before I shared. I don't pretend to be an expert on anything and was curious of the views of others. I long for the truth and the authentic christian life. I guess for me I seek to model my life after Christ and can't remember a time where He (Jesus) prayed for a structure or building because of foul spirits within it. Anytime he encountered demonic oppression it was in a person. I believe your quote from Matthew 12 is valuable in this discussion, however, a correct interpretation of this verse would show that the spirit left a PERSON and returned to that PERSON which is made clear from verse 45.

I don't believe I said anything unkind in my remarks and if it came across that way, I apologize.

2005/10/5 14:23
LetUsPray

Re: Love in the Lord

Dear Pij,

You don't have to apologize. It isn't always clear what people mean by this way of written communication.

I only stated that I was disappointed because I only saw part of you in the first post, not the whole you. I like the whole you much better.

2005/10/5 15:06Profile
LetUsPray

Re: Anointing Your Home

Hi Diane,

You ask some very good questions that have no easy answers. What I write is just a result of my experience of walking out my faith, I will never say that I am right; this is between God and the individual. I don’t know if you saw the thread that was on SI last week about US soldiers being “spooked by spirits” in New Orleans. If you didn’t, here is the link:
http://cbs5.com/video/[email protected]

I have to confess that I am a bit troubled about US soldiers bringing the light. Carrying a cross in the process of the “spiritual” cleaning is meaningless also. I believe that it brings one to the same level as those who allowed the spirits to come in the first place. Only the Name of Jesus, the Name ABOVE EVERY OTHER NAME is necessary and essential. He is the One Who destroyed the works of the devil. Symbols and objects are not necessary, but come awfully close to witchcraft. The frightening part is that the plans are to rebuild New Orleans to what it was. So much for “spiritual” cleaning.

Now your questions.

Quote:
Sometimes when I go into a building/room, I can sense a negitive spirit. Once it stayed overnight in a Bible College residence and it felt very oppressive. I prayed all night (couldn't sleep), but could not sense much of a release.

Baruch just posted a post on Psalm 91. When I am in a situation, which happens on occasion after I have been involved in a serious spiritual battle, where an unclean spirit comes into my home trying to oppress me with fear or doubt, I take my Bible and recite Psalm 91 out loud in the first person: I who reside in the shelter…., …for it is He who delivers Me from the snare of the trapper…etc. Then, I ask my Father to show me what “it” is and I command “it” in the Name of Jesus to leave and not to return. This may take five minutes or even up to thirty minutes, but it certainly restores the Peace of God to my home. I have prayed in churches and buildings where spirits were present and they left, only to return soon after because the people allowing them to enter in the first place, never repented. In this case I only pray standing-in-the-gap prayers (see my website), and ask my Father for forgiveness, repentance, and restoration.
Quote:
and each time I looked at the organ, I sensed a very dark oppressive spirit

In this case – and I am not saying that I am correct, this is just what I would do – I’d leave the sanctuary and before the service go to a quiet place and ask for forgiveness for all sin committed in that building and for the people who committed them – if you don’t know who, just say: forgive those who committed the sins. I do ask for the blood of Jesus to used for cleansing of the building and contents; all this to the Father through Jesus Christ. In the case of the organ, just before starting to play, I would command the unclean spirit – if you discern a word, i.e., anger, hate, mocking – command the spirit of …… to leave in Jesus name.

Finally, ask for the Spirit of discerning of spirits. Desire it. The reason I say this, is that in another thread I believe you said that you stayed in a Roman Catholic retreat center. I have done this too. You will be amazed what I found lurking in the ones I stayed at (2 different ones). It will also bring you to a place where you will start praying for the Church of Jesus Christ. The Lord will show you some very disturbing things, which will bring you to your knees, for it is His Spirit, Who indwells a true believer. Trust me, He isn’t laughing.

2005/10/5 15:09Profile
roadsign

Re: spirits in places

Hans, your answer is very helpful. I need to pray for revelation of the roots of the oppression. After all, what is brought to light also looses its powerful hold on people.

I have a tendency to pray for mercy rather than forgiveness. Maybe because a person can only receive forgiveness if they admit their wrong. Yet, I realize that Jesus prayed for forgiveness for those who were crucifying them, even when they were not yet repentant. I think Jesus prayed that prayer in order to hold back God's immediate judgment, in order that God's purposes would be fulfilled.

Quote:
The Lord will show you some very disturbing things, which will bring you to your knees, for it is His Spirit, Who indwells a true believer

I found this to be true. But I must admit that the most disturbing revelation I have ever encoutered has been in evangelical/charismatic churches - I suspect because a lot of spirit-related stuff is happening. Spirits are being invoked through prayers, singing, (assuming they are calling on God's Spirit). I walk away feeling worse than I did when I arrived, and when I get home I have to cast out whatever seems to have clung on.

I'm wondering if it isn't a gift to have a measure of immunity from the spirit realm, and not sense every spirit hanging around, and just trust that God will reveal only what he wishes me to know in order that I may intercede.

I looked at the video of the soldiers. If New Orleans is a vudoo center, then it shouldn't be surprising that evil spirits are found in many places.
I suppose that video would cause many to realize that there is indeed a spirit world - and we need to learn how to deal with it - GOD'S WAY.
Diane

2005/10/5 21:36Profile
LetUsPray

Re: We don't fight flesh and blood

Dear Diane,

You don't know how much your response encouraged me.

Quote:
I think Jesus prayed that prayer in order to hold back God's immediate judgment, in order that God's purposes would be fulfilled.

That is precisely where the Lord has led me. I have done a great deal on studying Daniel, Nehemiah, Ezekiel, standing-in-the-gap, etc. Just consider that God told Abraham before He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, so that Abraham could plead with Him. Then, Moses was told by God how God would destroy the Israelites. Just read the intercession of Moses in Exodus and the conformation of this in Ps 106:23.
Quote:
I found this to be true. But I must admit that the most disturbing revelation I have ever encountered has been in evangelical/charismatic churches - I suspect because a lot of spirit-related stuff is happening. Spirits are being invoked through prayers, singing, (assuming they are calling on God's Spirit). I walk away feeling worse than I did when I arrived, and when I get home I have to cast out whatever seems to have clung on.

That is my experience. The amount of unclean spirits in most churches is disturbing and nobody, but nobody seems to discern. I don't attend most prayer concerts/meetings anymore for precisely that reason. In one meeting I was actually physically attacked by blows to my face by “something” invisible, when a “spirit of laughter” manifested itself or was invoked. Ten of thousands of Christians are taken in by this stuff. The latest are the “healing” rooms, where the “ministers of healing” give “healing words” to unrepentant Christians because “God loves them and wants them to feel good about themselves.”
Quote:
I'm wondering if it isn't a gift to have a measure of immunity from the spirit realm, and not sense every spirit hanging around, and just trust that God will reveal only what he wishes me to know in order that I may intercede.

I believe that is exactly what God wants us to do, intercede and stand in the gap. It is my daily prayer, and has been for several years now. If Christians only would seek the gift of discerning of spirits instead of tongues and prophecy.

God bless you Diane.

2005/10/6 13:13Profile
roadsign

Re: invoking spirits, or maturing in the faith.

Quote:
If Christians only would seek the gift of discerning of spirits instead of tongues and prophecy.

I am thinking that God never asked us to seek (first) the gift of discernment, or any other gift but to seek HIM, to let God transform our MINDS, to submit our WILLS to God, to let the Word convict us, walk in obedience by faith, REPENT, etc etc.

Is this not all part of the JOURNEY towards the deeper and deeper enlightenment that we need in our daily walk.

When we sidestep this growth/maturing process, we could end up with an occult type of religion that invokes God's name to do something magic. The mind remains passive and under the control of the evil one.

I was wondering why, in these churches, it is NOT the unrepentant sinner (who causes of evil manifestations) who experiences the oppression, but those who are not involved.
Diane

2005/10/6 23:02Profile
LetUsPray

Re: invoking spirits, or maturing in the faith.

Hi Diane,

Quote:
I am thinking that God never asked us to seek (first) the gift of discernment, or any other gift but to seek HIM, to let God transform our MINDS, to submit our WILLS to God, to let the Word convict us, walk in obedience by faith, REPENT, etc etc.

But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way. (1Cor12:31).

The apostle encourages believers to seek the greater gifts. Since the “big” push is always on the gift of tongues and several denominations declare that the proof of the “baptism in the Spirit” is speaking in tongues, I made the statement that instead of seeking tongues, we maybe should seek discernment. I agree with your overall observation. We should have our minds renewed and grow in the Lord.
Quote:
I was wondering why, in these churches it is NOT the unrepentant sinner (who causes of evil manifestations) who experiences the oppression, but those who are not involved.

I believe that the answer to this question is:

For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness. (2Thes2:12,13)

God bless you

2005/10/6 23:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy