SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Journal of a Journey

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
PosterThread
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

[b] Saturday, 26 August, 2006 [/b]

Tonight was a good night on the street, we had 22 people come out with us. Them team is really starting to grow which is really good.

We started to preach in the mall at our normal time of 9pm, this week I went first, and preached from Hebrews 9:27. Now I was still getting over my flu that I have had for the past week, so I didn’t preach for too long. A few people hung around for the whole sermon. After the open air preaching a lot of one to ones occurred, and a few very good conversations followed.

I got to speak to a man who was an interstate truck driver, and he was very anti to God, and hated the bible. I reasoned with him for some time, and he thanked me for taking the time for explaining it clearly, and then apologised for being rude to us. Hopefully he will go away and think about it.

Andrew was the next preacher, and within seconds he had an angry heckler that was running up to him, and screaming at him right up in his face. This made Andrew a little flustered since he hasn’t had many hecklers, but it was a good growing experience for him.

Again the one to ones followed, a lot of people wanted to find out more information. Then we had David Gee get up to preach, it was his first time. He started by preaching on evolution, and a small crowd grew. For his first time David did great, he was really scared and nervous. But did very well!

2006/8/28 1:00Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Tuesday, 29 August, 2006 [/b]

Last week I was asked if I would consider coming to Shiloh Christian Church - A.O.G to speak to the students of Westside Christian College. I was given twenty minutes to preach a message on ‘Unity’, now I was not to impressed on that topic, as I know the school is mixed denomination, and I didn’t want to be used to advance any Ecumenical movement.

So I prayed about it, and I decided to preach from John 17:21 - Unity with God is needed first before, unity with each other. So that opened it up for me to talk about salvation.

I arrived at the church at 10:30am, and to be honest I was very nervous. The idea of preaching to 500 students scared me.

After the about 50 minutes of worship, and speeches I finally got up to the pulpit to preach. So I started in on unity, and then turned it around into a salvation message. Right away you could see the teachers get a little upset. Plus some of the students weren’t to keen on the topic.

For 20 minutes I expounded the Law of God, and then delivered a grace message, and how they each need to be saved, and that their good works won’t do anything to save them. Then I turned on the ‘Christian’ students, and encouraged them to test to see if they are in the faith.

While I was preaching a few of the teachers gave me dirty looks, although there was one male teacher down the back nodding his head in agreement, and giving me encouragement. At this stage I noticed a student down the back saying “Who does this guy thing he is.”

So I wrapped it up with a call to repentance, and afterward a young guy came up and asked me how he can be assured of his salvation, so I pointed him to the scripture.

Praise God that 500 youth got to hear the biblical gospel. Pray for them that many will be saved.

2006/8/28 23:29Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 2 September, 2006 [/b]

Today I had to get into the city early due to the fact that they were closing down many roads in Brisbane for a festival.

As I sat in King George Square, I noticed that the punk, gothic, and emo crowds had grown to the biggest I have ever seen. These societies of open sinfulness paraded themselves across the square, and then a thought crosses my mind “Maybe I should preach to them”. But then an old enemy appears and grips me in absolute fear. I remember that exactly a year ago was when I was beaten up in the same square for preaching the gospel, and some of the guys that beat me last time were in the square even now.

But then another interesting dynamic entered the square, now a group of Nazis appeared, and the Goths started in on them. They opened fire on each other with a barrage of words. It appeared as if a fight would erupt but then it died down. But still I was to scared to stand up and preach.

But woe is me if I preach not the gospel…

So at 4pm I stood up and began to preach, almost at once a large groups of punks, and Goths surround me, and start to scream. But a few more hang about to listen. Two homosexual Goths then started to make sexual comments about me, and asked if I would ‘have fun’ with them. Then an adulterous woman started to rub her self on me, so I quickly stepped around her, and kept on preaching.

For about an hour I preached, and answered any questions that people had. A few of the Goths thanked me for preaching, and a few wanted to argue over me invading their turf to preach. Overall a lot of great conversations followed.

A few of us then went off to watch the fireworks along the Brisbane river before returning to the square for a prayer meeting, and then going on with the nights preaching. We were down on numbers tonight, and the night was ‘very dark’.

At 9pm we started to preach in the Queen street mall. Cameron was the first man up, and he did very well, and preached a strong message.

After Cameron finished I jump straight up, and started to preach about how we will all die. God brought a good size crowd in for us to minister to, but about half way through my voice started to give out. So I called Andrew in, and he delivered a grace message. The crowd remained and a lot of one to ones followed.

This followed on for a couple of hours, with a lot of one to one witnessing happening, then Tanya got up to preach, and God again brought a good size crowd in. Tanya preached for about 15 minutes expounding on the Law, and then delivering grace.

The night was a great night. Praise God for His faithfulness

2006/9/3 7:54Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Australian Evangelism Boot camp - Sydney [/b]

[i] Tuesday, 5 September 2006 [/i]

I arrived down Sydney at about 11:30am, and was met by Wadie, and Chris. We hung around the airport til the Melbourne leaders arrived at 1:30pm.

We then made our way to the hotel, and had leaders meeting, but then the fun began. We all caught a train into Lakemba, which is the heart land of Islam in Australia. Wadie got up and preached in Arabic, and English. A fair few people hung around and listened, and he even got a few hecklers. A few muslim men yelled “Allah Akbar” from the car windows as they drove past.

Wadie preached for about 40 minutes, and towards the end it was starting to get a little heated. One car had two muslim men in it, sitting and watching us for about 10 minutes. They just stopped in the middle of the lane they were driving in to listen. Then one man got in his car, and tried to drive over the gutter, but he couldn’t get over it, so he went around the corner at high speed, and it then appeared that he was lining up the preacher to take him out. But at the last minute he saw the police, and corrected his driving. Jon Speed was able to catch all of this on video.

Wadie just kept preaching, and one man yelled at him in Arabic. So Wadie announced in English what was just said, it turns out that the man was telling the crowd that we were drug dealers, and not to hang around to listen. We left soon after this as it was getting dark. Theresa saw a few muslims follow us to the train station. After this we made our way back to Kings cross for another planning meeting.

[i] Wednesday, 6 September 2006 [/i]

Today was a fairly easy day, as all the boot campers made their way to the hotel. It was a good day of getting to know everyone, and having fellowship.

At lunch time a small group of us went out to get lunch. On the way to get something to eat Jon Speed got to witness to a prostitute, and I got to speak to a muslim shop owner who was very open to the gospel.

That night we had our boot camp meeting, and just briefed everyone on the battle that was about to follow.
[i] Thursday, 7 September 2006 [/i]

The first day of witnessing at boot camp, we started off by heading into George street to witness. A lot of people got to witnessed to at this time, also many tracts were handed out. The weather at this stage was cold and wet.

At lunch time we started to sidewalk preach doing the 60 second gospel at traffic lights. This was a good way for new preachers to learn, a lot of them just grabbed a few scriptures, and read them out. But that was enough to boost their courage.

The preaching continued throughout the afternoon, and then that evening we went to Pitt street mall for some more open air preaching. It was hard to get a crowd. A lot of people still running around shopping, but it was cold.

[i] Friday, 8 September 2006 [/i]

Today we were going to raid the Sydney University, we arrived there to find that not a lot of students were walking around, so we split into three teams, and made our way to the different preaching points. Our team was in a really windy area, Bill got up to preach first, and no one stopped. It was really cold so that may have been a problem. Then the university security came and told us to move on, so we did. John Legg then took us over to the Student Union area, and we preached outside the café. The boot campers preached there for a couple of hours before campus security again came and told us to leave this area or be arrested for trespass.

We then jumped on the bus, and had an early afternoon. We headed back to the hotel to have a rest before a late night witnessing in Darling Harbour.

After dinner we went out witnessing at Darling Harbour. For the first couple of hours we walked around doing one to one. Christine, and I got to witness to a group of four Asian teens. They were very open to the gospel. Both of the girls with them started to weep as we shared grace, and the other two were listening intently. Although sadly one of them left his tract behind.

At about 10:45pm the preaching began, now we expected to be shut down in no time. But God had other plans. Bill started by preaching to a line of people waiting to line up for a night club, as soon as he finished I jumped up, and started to preach. I had one heckler who didn’t really say much. After I finished Forbes got up, and started to preach it hard.

About this time a security guard from the club came out, and he was ordered to move us on. But he refused since he was a Christian. He stood and listened to the preaching. John Legg was able to give him a copy of Hells Best Kept Secret.

Eventually we just finished up, and then headed back to the hotel. To get a few hours sleep before the next day of battle.

[i] Saturday, 9 September 2006 [/i]

The final day of actual witnessing, now the plan was to go down to circular quay and do some witnessing around the Sydney opera house, and the along the harbour. But it was pouring down with rain. So the weather sent us off to Pitt street mall again for some witnessing.

One of the teams started preaching, while the other two went around witnessing one to one, and handing out tracts. A lot of people got witnessed to, many now know how to be saved.

That night the majority of the team went into Kings Cross, but I was asked to lead a team into George Street to witness. We caught the train in, and when we arrived in the city it was pouring down with rain again, so we couldn’t preach, so we were limited to one to one, and tracts. It was a good couple of hours of witnessing. With many great conversations.

[i] Sunday, 10 September 2006 [/i]

The final and saddest day of boot camp, since this is now the time we all say goodbye to each other. Over the past few days 36 of us came together from around the globe, and then became one in Christ. Now we had to part with our brothers, and sisters to return home. In some ways its like a family break up. But we can rejoice in the knowledge that no matter what happens we will meet again.

After final farewells some of the Brisbane guys headed out into Sydney to play tourist, we went and had a look at Sydney Harbour Bridge, and the Opera house. While there of course we continued to hand out tracts, and witness. On the train ride out to the airport I offered a guy a smart card, and he said “I got one of those yesterday and it was broken”. So I took him though the manual test to see if he was a good person. This guy was humbled, he was a church goer, but now he had a clear understanding of the gospel. He shook my hand and thanked me as we parted ways. His name is Tom please pray for him.

Then at the airport we had to hang around for a few hours to get our flight, so we went \and put Da Vinci Code tracts in the books of the same title. Then Trev walked around handing out millions to everyone sitting in the food court.

As we boarded the plane Trev hung back, and handed out tracts to everyone boarding our flight. He got asked to stop just as he nearly ran out of tracts. It was great watching on the flight as people sat and read the gospel.

When we landed in Brisbane, we lost Trev. He saw a large crowd of people waiting to board a flight so armed with a lot of million dollar tracts he dived into the crowd. He handed out all his tracts, and the security guards loved him. He is one bold 15 year old preacher.

May all the Glory go to the Lamb that was Slain!

For more information about Evangelism Bootcamps world wide go to: www.thegreatnews.com

2006/9/11 9:03Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 16 September, 2006 [/b]

Another great night, the weather was cold, and wet. It was pouring down in Brisbane city when we arrived, and I must confess I thought the night would be slow, and a waste of time for preaching. But God had other ideas…

The team started arriving around 7:30pm, and straight away it was evident that a big team was going to be coming in tonight.

Alex and I waited for any one else to come while the others went off to have a time of prayer before preaching. When we rejoined everyone else at 8:30pm there was about 25 of us standing there praying.

We briefed the team on some basic rules for the night, and then we headed up the mall to begin the ministry. By the time we started preaching at 9pm the team was sitting about 30 people!

Andrew was the first man up to preach, and he had a decent size crowd, with a couple of hecklers. One man started asking questions about ‘Why God allowed September 11”. So Andrew referred him to me, and I spoke to him for some time, and he was very open to the gospel.

After Andrew finished we had a time of one to one, and then it was my turn to preach. I chose Hebrews 9:27 as my text, and preached on how death could seize us at any time.

Then I got a heckler who wanted to debate the fact of death, this man was in a wheel chair, and he came up right in front of me, and asked a lot of questions. I answered him, and then he said “AH HA! That proves it” and wheeled away. This confused me, and the crowd since, no one knew what he had proven…

So I kept preaching, and then Grant the heckler showed up. This guy originally stopped just to have a go at the preacher. But as we walked through the Law of God with him, his mouth was stopped, and at some points it looked like he was going to cry. So in an effort to put on a brave face he started to laugh at hell. So I explained it to him, and told him what he would face. He was shocked and then said that he didn’t wish to go there.

So I gave him grace, and he understood it, but wasn’t willing to give up his sin. So I reasoned with him about holding onto sin, and he grasped what I was saying, and was shocked. During this time his friend was calling him on his phone trying to get him to leave, but Grant wouldn’t leave.

After the preaching Grant walked off, but he kept coming back. It was if he couldn’t leave. So some of the other guys got to minister to him also. Please keep him in your prayers.

Then it was Alex’s turn to preach, and a few hecklers stopped to have a go at him. But Alex handled them well. By the time he finished preaching it was nearly time to go home. So we did a few one to one’s and then packed up.

Praise God for a great night!!

2006/9/17 22:56Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 23 September, 2006 [/b]

It took us awhile to get into the city tonight, due to the main bridge entering the city being closed. We arrived at about 8pm, and we met with a few of the guys in King George Square. After a time of prayer, and a devotional we headed up into the Queen street mall.

Now tonight I didn’t have the permit for our normal spot, but rather the Brisbane city council had posted us else where.

But we went up to our normal spot to see if anyone was up there, and then we saw the other group that had set up in our preaching spot. They were wearing all white, and waving signs around that spoke about the UFO’s coming, and how the Aliens created us, we had found an encampment of the Raelians!

The leader of the Raelians named Saul grinned when he saw us, and said he had our place. I had met Saul a few weeks ago when he heckled me while preaching. Now he thought it great that he had our spot.

So three of us walked up to the Raelians, and started to talk to them. Cameron engaged Saul, and David spoke to Peter. Then I had a chance to speak to Lex. Now it soon became clear that everyone apart from Saul had absolutely no idea what Raelianism was about, they just believed it.

I was talking to Lex about how he believed the eternal goodness continues, but then in the next breathe said he isn’t good. So I began to reason with him, and he got really angry. So I changed pace, and asked him to explain to me why they kept pointing to ‘Elohim’ as the aliens. It soon became clear that he didn’t have much of an understanding of Hebrew.

Lex then fell back on the argument, that words can mean whatever we want them to mean. So I pointed the shirt he was wearing that said “Love Peace”, and asked him if that could mean “Kill as many people as you can”. He got angry, and said no. From there we established that words had meanings. At this point Saul came across, and said “Josh we are all preaching the same message, and that is one of love.” I told him that we are preaching two different messages, one brings life, while the other damns.

Saul went on to say that they believe in Jesus, so we are all on the same side. But when challenged over if Jesus spoke the truth they wouldn’t answer. Eventually I got them on what Jesus said about Him being the only way to God (John 14:6). So Lex, and Saul yelled at me, and walked off to dance around with their signs.

Four of us remained with the Raelians all night, as we had determined to witness to everyone the Raelians spoke to, and if possible get the Raelian propaganda off them. Many people heckled the Raelians and made fun of them, and even a few people including council workers came up to us and asked us to please preach instead.

While we were with the Raelians the rest of the team went down the bottom of the Queen street mall to preach, they were stationed between two night clubs, one of which was having a gothic ‘blood bath’ festival. Many people came out screaming ‘hail satan’ and were covered in fake blood. It was a fairly rough crowd with a punch up breaking out within a couple of metres of the preachers.

At the end of the night, I got to speak to Michael one of the Raelians who was a ‘Christian’ at one point, but since saw the ‘truth’. I was able to reason with him from the Law of God, and then clearly explain the gospel to him. He was under heavy conviction, and took an in-depth gospel tract, and asked if he could speak to us again next week. Please be praying for him.

The message got out, and what satan meant for evil, God used for Good!

Below are some pictures of the Raelians
[img]http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8216/raelianwebpic1hv9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5781/raelianwebpic2kd9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9241/raelianwebpic3bm9.jpg[/img]

2006/9/25 8:26Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Brother ...

This sounds like a modern day Mars' hill (No pun intended!) That the Lord keep you and bless all your efforts. Will keep you all in my prayers.

2006/9/25 10:05Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 30 September, 2006 [/b]

It has been a long but good weekend. We have had John Legg from Way of the Master Australia at church, holding a Holy Epidemic conference, which is a conference for those wishing to learn how to do open air preaching, and street evangelism. We had about thirty five people at the conference.

That night after the conference we planned to go out to open air preach, and we all met in King George Square at 7:30pm. The team’s size was about 20 people. So at 9pm when we entered the mall we split the team in two, and had one team preach at the bottom of the mall, and I preached up the top of the mall with the other team.

The Raelians were supposed to be there, but they didn’t show up, so we took their preaching spot. Alex Hawker was the first preacher up, and he preached with a lot of passion. He had a few hecklers, and a good size crowd that gathered. Then after about 20 minutes he tagged me in, and I began to preach.

As I jumped up this man came running into the crowd speaking in ‘tongues’, and started to preach to the people. Saying things like “Don’t listen to these preachers, its all about love. I don’t enter into that fear, sin, and repentance stuff. Just ask Jesus into your life. You are all good people, accept the love.”

He was loud, I tried to grab his attention to reason with him, but he ignored me. So I lifted my voice up, and started to go over the top of him. He gave up after he got his false gospel of his chest. So I was then able to reason with the crowd about how totally depraved we are as a society, and how there are none that does good.

Then entered Karen the heckler. She was a false convert, she came up close, and started to tell me about how good everyone was, and how she believed the bible. So I showed her in the Bible where it says “none good” but she ignored it, so I showed her how Jesus Himself said “None good” still she ignored it. So I said that she doesn’t believe in the bible at all, but rather is lying to me.

Then a big bloke named Phil heckled from the crowd, he yelled out “Judge not lest you be judged, that’s from Romans 5, now shut up!” I asked him if he was sure that it was Romans chapter 5. He told me that he had two theology degrees, and that he knew the bible. So we gave him a bible opened to Romans chapter 5. He looked at it, and I told him what he was quoting was from Matthew 7. He said it wasn’t, and then tossed the bible at me. Then he walked in close and yelled “I have two theology degrees, and I will embarrass you in a debate.” I said I would gladly debate him, but he walked off swearing.

Now Karen picked up his argument, and started to go one about judging. So I asked her if she thought I was wrong. She wouldn’t answer. I ended up asking her about 6 times before she said “You are wrong for doing this.” So I turned to the crowd, and explained what Karen had been saying, then pointed out that Karen was now judging me, and she was in fact a hypocrite. Well then she exposed her false convert heart. She started to swear, and curse, along with blaspheming God’s name. So I pointed her to the scriptures, she didn’t like that. Eventually she left really angry.

I wrapped up the preaching shortly after that, since at this stage I had been preaching for about 50 minutes. It was a rough time of heckling, at some points we had 4 - 5 hecklers at once. Ranging from muslims to false converts.

After the preaching a lot of one to one occurred, and then Andrew preached. The other team then joined us, and we put through a couple of first timer preachers.

The other team had much the same sort of hecklers we had, and I found out that Andrew had Karen the heckler also.

But God be exalted that His gospel was preached, and that He will draw men unto Himself!

2006/10/1 23:44Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 7 October, 2006 [/b]

It looked like not many people were going to be out on the streets tonight. As at 7:30pm only three of us were present. But then over the next half hour a lot of others started to arrive. By the time we started preaching at 9pm we had about 20 people out to witness.

The first preacher for the night was Alex. It was his last preach in Brisbane for some time since he is moving to Melbourne. He preached for about 20 minutes, and a good sized crowd gathered as he expounded on the holiness of God, and His commandments.

Alex then tagged me in to take over, and I preached to the same crowd, and spoke about how we are all going to die and stand before God. A few more people gathered, and as I had a soar throat I only preached for about 20 minutes, and then Andrew Hsu took over. He preached with a fire, he was passionate. People stopped as God arrested people in the mall. Andrew then got a heckler who was a professing Christian. But something we have learned is that just because someone claims to be a Christian does not mean that they are born again. So Andrew started to share with him, and after a short time he admitted that he was headed to hell. So now it was time for grace to be given. We were able to get the guy a in depth gospel tract as he walked off.

A few minutes after Andrew finished preaching Cameron got up and preached. Again there was so much compassion in his voice as he pleaded with sinners to turn to Christ that they may live. He reasoned with them, and begged them to repent. During this time I was talking to Josh Robinson who was preparing for his first open air preach. He was really nervous so I was giving him some tips. Then when Cameron finished preaching Josh jumped up and preached well. He spoke with a clearness that many preachers lack. But as he was walking through the commandments he had a mind blank when he was talking about blasphemy. So that’s when I got tagged in again to preach.

I picked up from where he finished, and I spent time just quizzing the crowd on why out of the religious icons in the world, why is it that we only blaspheme the name of our Creator? Why don’t we blaspheme Muhammad or Allah? Why don’t we give a fair go and curse Buddha and Krishna every now and then? But the reason we blaspheme the name of Christ is because we are His enemies, and we have a hatred for him. We are enemies of God.

About this time a heckler named Pat entered the scene. He was a vile heckler with a fowl mouth. But he stood at a distance and spoke really loudly. He even let me answer, which was good because the crowd was now growing to see an open air debate. Pat heckled for some time, and he became quickly evident that he was a pseudo intellectual. He kept dodging the fact that he was going to stand before God and give an account of all his sins. He tried many rabbit trails, but with God’s grace I was able to keep it on track. After some time he had to go, but God brought another heckler along. This time it was a young catholic man covered in the Australian flag named Garth, now Garth had been at the soccer and was cheering so loud that he had lost his voice, and sounded much like the god-father but that didn’t stop him from heckling.

He let fly with a lot of questions which were good heckles, he yelled thinks out like “Prove to me there is God”, and “Why should a I trust the Bible?” even “Isn’t God all forgiving, and all loving?”.

I dealt with him for quite some time, and then this aboriginal kid came up, and started to threaten me, and challenge me to a fist fight. I pointed out that I didn’t want to hurt him so I declined the fight invite. He then started saying that he would pull out his handgun and shoot me in the head. So I begged him to please do it, as all he would do is send me home to Glory. He didn’t really know how to handle that, so he walked away screaming “There is no God”.

Garth then started to yell and walk away, I was able to call him to a stop and point out to him what it says in Hebrews that if he hardens his heart he may be beyond salvation. Then asked if he is prepared to walk away. He said he was, and he walked away for about 30 seconds then came back and sat down to listen. He was much more serious from then on, and he just listened.

I wrapped it up not long after this, and called the people to repent. But also not to take my word for truth, but to check it out themselves via the Bible, and to look to Jesus the author and the finisher of the faith. From what others said I was preaching for well over an hour but it didn’t seem like it. It felt like only a few minutes.

After this a guy named Amos came up to Alex and I. He wanted to see the Bible, and read John 3:16, so we showed him the verse, and also then pointed him to John 3:36, and asked him the question “Are you prepared to walk away today with the Wrath of God upon you?” He was stunned, and all he would say was “That’s deep, I don’t want that”.

We then were able to take him through the law of God to show him his need of the Saviour. Then we were able to give him grace. Amos was under really heavy conviction, and it turns out he is mates with Garth the heckler. While we were explain the gospel to Amos his friends came, and tried to drag him away. But he refused, and said he needs to hear this. He looked like he was holding back tears, and told us he was going home to repent of his sins, and trust in the Saviour for salvation. - Please keep Amos in prayer.

For the rest of the night we just one to one witnessed, and many people were under conviction. God was moving in the Queen street mall, and the Holy Spirit was conviction men of sin, righteousness, and judgment.

The way it has been building in Brisbane city it makes me think that God is beginning to move. The city cannot sustain the pressure that it is under, either we will break or it will break. Revival may not be far away.

Below are some pictures from the night. Alex was able to take these photo’s during the time I was preaching:

[img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3369/img0014jx2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9595/img0015zk8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/179/img0017si8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3482/img0018cf6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4991/img0023ee0.jpg[/img]

2006/10/8 1:05Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 14 October, 2006 [/b]

A large team assembled on the streets this Saturday, we had a total of 35 people come out to witness. Now this is a great problem!

We had our normal prayer meeting in King George Square from 7:30pm, and then at 9pm we headed up the mall.

It was a quiet night, and not many people were on the streets. The first preacher up was David Gee, he preached for about 15 minutes and was very clear. This was probably about his fifth time preaching, and he is coming along nicely as a preacher. With a bit more experience he will be a great open air preacher.

Then it was Trevor’s turn to preach, he is only 16 but he preaches as one who has been doing it for a long time. He started preaching and I noticed that he as shaking in fear. But his voice did not betray him. Fear is good, as it keeps the preacher relying on God. Trev had one heckler who he dealt with fairly well, and then he delivered grace to the crowd that was listening. After this there was a time of one to one witnessing.
Then it was my turn, I only preached for about 20 minutes, and a small crowd gathered. One young guy stood and listened from start to finish. He walked over to some of the guys handing out tracts grabbed one and then came back.

I got to speak to him afterwards, it turns out that he is a atheist who believes in evolution. We got to reason with him for some time, and then present the gospel on a personal level.

A few new guys preached after this, and we continued open airing til about 11:30pm, when we ended the night.

Over all it was quiet, but still people got ministered to. Praise God for His faithfulness!

2006/10/16 8:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy