SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Journal of a Journey

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
PosterThread
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

[b] Saturday, 8 September, 2007 [/b]

Two outreaches in one night, due to this fact we had a smaller team in Brisbane, with just myself to lead the troops. But God be praised, His Word went forth!

The night began with everything going wrong as we set up, and then I got a call from the other outreach saying that security has just shut them down at a ‘Christian’ event! So it was looking as the night was going to be a rough one.

Ryan was the first preacher up for our team, and he did a great job in dealing with the reason why we need a Saviour. He had a few hecklers but not to many, it appeared that the mall was quiet tonight, which wasn’t that bad of a thing considering the smaller team.

For about 40 minutes, Ryan reasoned with those listening about the holy standard of God, and how we have all broken his laws, and as a result we are guilty and deserve hell. Then he pointed them back to a blood stained cross at Calvary. The team dropped into one to one mode after Ryan finished, and a good number of tracts were being handed out.

Then it was time for Tanya to preach, she hasn’t preached for some time in Brisbane, but her message was solid and packed a big punch. She had a few hecklers come right up to her to challenge what she was saying, but each one she dealt with in love and gentleness. One heckler was getting a bit verbally abusive at her, and kept over talking Tanya, so I answered his question to the side, he didn’t like the answer so he went back to making loud comments about the preaching.

After Tanya, I prepared myself to get up and preach. I started off by talking about the judgement seat of Christ, and how we all must appear. A small crowd began to gather, so I did a call out and dealt with a heckler. The crowd was lively and full of pride as they declared that they couldn’t care less what God thought about them. So I kept plugging the law. Some of the hecklers had returned from last week, and were yelling out pretty much the same kind of stuff as the week previous. So I tried to answer some of their questions, and continue preaching. Although I found it very difficult to answer other hecklers questions when the crowd kept changing topic. So in the end I just opened up and preached about how we deserve hell, and then painted a picture of hell.

No grace was given, just law sin and wrath. I thought that it was a waste of time preaching, yet God showed me wrong again. One man at the back apparently was under deep conviction and one of the guys was able to administer grace to him! So even in the tough times God can and will be praised for being a Sovereign God!

For the past two weeks we have had two young blokes who come out to heckle, and I have found out that they have actually read my weekly blog. So to all the Christians worldwide that are reading this, please be praying for those two young men that they might come unto repentance.

[i] Soli Deo Gloria! [/i]

www.xanga.com/Josh_Williamson

[b] Saturday, 15 September, 2007 [/b]

Saturday is always the most busiest day for me, since it is the day that I have to get all my ministry work done, and then prepare for the evangelistic outreach that night. I go off to a late start for the day, and to be perfectly honest I was beginning to get frustrated. But things got a whole lot better. While I was working on a ministry report Dad came into my office and told me that there were two Mormon missionaries at the door. This surprised me since early last year we were taken off the Mormon visit list. So I headed out to speak to the Mormon missionaries.

They were both nice blokes, and they were very friendly. But they said something that shocked me. In the time that they had been doing missionary work, not one Christian had invited them in and spoke to them about what they believe. As a result they had never needed to question the Latter Day Saint church.

So we started off by talking a bit about the history of the Mormon church, and how Joseph Smith had received the ‘visions’ from God. As we spoke I began to ask them questions, and I found out that they believed that Joseph Smith was sinless and had a perfect heart before God when he saw the vision, so I quizzed them from the scripture about how the heart is wicked (Jer. 17:9) and also how there is none righteous (Rom. 3:10) and none are good (Rom. 3:12). This shocked them since they had never thought about Joseph being a sinner like everyone else. From there we went on to address the Mormon doctrine of the plurality of gods. As we spoke about it, we also looked at the scripture that pointed out that there is only one God. These scriptures seemed to be hitting home with the two missionaries, since they were beginning to question what they had been taught.

After an hour of talking apologetics in relation to Mormon doctrine, we then swung around to how one is saved. They made the case from 2 Nephi 25:23 that we are saved after all the good works that we have done. It was then that I asked them “What if the Bible said something different, what would you do?” They were confident that the Bible didn’t say anything that contradicted the book of Mormon. So I go them to turn in their Bible to Ephesians 2:8-9. Then as one they began to read it, and you could see it shook them up. It was then that the senior missionary thought it would be good to leave, so I asked if we could meet again for Bible study. The new missionary was keen to meet up again, but the senior one was not. But after a bit of questioning he agreed to meet up again to discuss the issues at hand. Please pray for the their conversion and also that they will return to study the scripture once more.

That night we met as per normal in the Queen Street Mall for evangelism, the night was very quiet, and there wasn’t many people within the mall. But this didn’t stop the preaching. Ryan was the first man up and he hammered home the gospel to a dying world. Despite it being quiet God still brought a crowd in for him to preach to. After awhile his voice began to go, so he tagged Kevin in the preach it home for the rest of the night.

While Kevin was preaching Andrew, was talking to a bunch of men from the middle east who were all Muslims. Andrew gave them a clear presentation of the gospel, at the end of the conversation they tried to push the teaching the Bible was corrupted, so I entered into do a bit of apologetics to answer their questions. At the end they all took Bibles in Arabic so that they could study. Please pray that God will grant them salvation!

The day was a good day, and the gospel got heard by many people.

2007/9/18 0:39Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Friday, 21 September, 2007 [/b]

The weekends outreach began Friday afternoon, when Ryan and I headed up the mountain range to Toowoomba for an overnight outreach. The drive up was interesting with us taking a wrong turn, and heading in a completely wrong direction, but eventually we got to Toowoomba.

When we arrived, we met up with Owen, and then waited on the other members of Operation 513 to arrive. Everyone was soon assembled, so then we headed out to Queens Park to witness at sideshow alley.

It was an interesting experience walking into the park with Owen, since he was greeted rather warmly by those whom he witnesses to each week. There was a great respect on behalf of those who weren’t saved towards him, which was really quite cool to see, since in Brisbane we don’t actually see that kind of friendliness from our hecklers.

We walked around the sideshow, and we found it to be nearly empty, so we gave out tracts to those who operated the rides. After that we made our way into the town and put tracts in the hands of anything that moved.

At around midnight we arrived back at Owens place, and from there we had a good theological chat before finally hitting the sack at 2am.

[b] Saturday, 22 September, 2007 [/b]

A nice and early start to the day, and as we awoke the plan was to get out onto the streets and tract up the parade before it started, yet that plan soon disappeared. It turned out that the night before Joel Tay’s radiator had cracked, and as a result we had to hunt around for a mechanic to fix his car. So half the team hit the streets, while the other half helped out Joel.

It was around 1pm before we could start witnessing again, we jumped quickly into position to hand out tracts as those watching the parade left at the end. A lot of tracts went out very quickly, and it was incredible to see so many people walking away reading tracts.

After this we headed back down the mountain to Brisbane, and to prepare for that nights outreach.

That night I was nearly exhausted as we made our way onto the streets. It was a blessing to have Josh Mitchell join us, since this took a lot of the strain of preaching away. Josh was the first preacher up, he expounded on the holiness of God, and also explained that the God of the Bible is the God who created the world. He then engaged hecklers while presenting the gospel.

Andrew Hsu was the next man up, and he had a couple of lively hecklers. It was soon clear that the night was fast becoming hostile. While Andrew preached one man pulled out his penis and began to wave it at Andrew, we surrounded him in case he tried something, but we didn’t expect him to do what he did. After showing off he then wiped it all over Andrew, but Hsuy never missed a beat and kept on preaching the gospel. While Andrew preached I engaged the heckler in a one to one.

After Andrew preached the plan was for me to get up and preach, but that soon got changed when a young woman approached and boldly declared that there is no God. Her reasoning for not believing was because her dad had died. So I explained to her the reason we have death and suffering is because of sin. I took her back to Creation and showed her how sin entered into the world. She acknowledge it, and thanked me for explaining it to her. She took a tract, then went about 10 metres up the mall and broke down in tears.

Desma moved in beside her to minister, but her friends didn’t want her to hear the gospel. So we ran decoys and got some of the guys to talk to her friends, and generally distract them from disrupting the gospel. This went on for over and hour, and in the end the young woman left with a Bible and in-depth tract. Please pray for her conversion.

As we packed up for the night, our two friendly hecklers from the past four weeks came up to talk. These young men have had some interesting comments, and they are after a bit of the laugh. So, if you are a Christian and reading this, please pray for the conversion of these two young men.

2007/9/24 10:02Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 29 September, 2007 [/b]

All day was spent at the Holy Epidemic Conference which was held at Beenleigh Baptist, it was a fairly good day with some good teaching occurring. But by far the most encouraging thing was seeing people come to the conference and then get on fire and also receive a hunger to get out on the streets and to declare the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

That night I picked up a husband and wife street team from the country, and brought them up to Brisbane to witness. They were full of questions and took to evangelising Brisbane as a duck takes to water.

Once we got to the city we had to stop off at a fast food joint, and while I was waiting for those who came with me, I started up a conversation with a man leaning against a pole. It turned out that he was from a local church which is renowned for creating false converts, and as I probed him with the gospel it soon became clear that he didn’t have an understanding of what the gospel is. While I was witnessing to him and friend of his stopped to listen as well, this young guy had a few questions mostly relating to how to get to heaven, and what role do good works play. At the end of the conversation they thanked me for sharing the gospel with them, and they both took tracts.

After this we made our way to King George Square for team prayer, there was a lot of passion in the praying tonight as members begged God for souls. After prayer we had a time of team Bible reading and then we broke into a time of fellowship.

When 9pm rolled around we set up in the Queen Street Mall, we let Jose preach first since he was our conference guest speaker from Texas, USA. Jose preached, and we found a lot of the crowd mostly ignored him, and I think it was because of the different culture that he preaches in. Where he is from a lot of people confess Christ, but in Australia not many people have much of a Biblical understanding.

I was the next preacher up, and I started in on by talking about death, and behind me a bunch of girls started to freak out at the idea of dying. So Jose quickly made his way around to them and witnessed to them on a personal level. The night was not as busy as normal but I did get a couple of hecklers. I preached for around 40 minutes, and then tagged Hsuy in to preach.

Andrew opened up the Word and declared the majesty of our God. People began to gather around to listen, so he swung into talking about man’s immense sinfulness, and how God demands perfection, after people realised their depravity he then administered grace.

During this time a lot of people were talking tracts and Bibles, we even had many people come up and ask where a good church would be for them to attend. So please pray for all those who wanted more information.

Kevin and Owen finished the night off by preaching the eternal gospel of hope.

Overall, even though the night was slow God’s named was glorified! Praise Him for His greatness!

[b] Sunday, 30 September, 2007 [/b]

Today, I joined up with Josh Mitchell and the Gold Coast team. It was a nice sunny day to go out preaching on the Coast. When we arrived we had a quick word of prayer, and then Josh sent me up as the first preacher.

So I started off by using the ocean behind me as a springboard to preach the Creator of the Universe. A good sized crowd gathered, and I was heckled by Josh from Canada. He had some good questions, but he openly declared his love for sin. My voice was hurting from preaching the previous day, so I tagged Josh Mitchell in. The crowd didn’t move, so Josh kept building off what had already been established.

I thought that my preaching for the day was over, but before I knew it Josh tagged me back in. So again I got to preach to the crowd that hadn’t moved for over an hour, but rather it appeared to be growing. This time I spent a bit more time on apologetics and answered the crowds questions. I preached for about another 20 minutes, and then it was time to tag John Legg in.

John got up and he played the crowd in order to preach the gospel, and after he preached for about 20 minutes the tag went out to Jose. The incredible thing was that the crowd maintained for the whole time, and right at the end Jose was able to give a lovely message of grace and hope found only in Jesus Christ.

2007/10/3 1:13Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 6 October, 2007 [/b]

Its always hard being away from home and the Brisbane evangelism team. But this week my preaching commitments took 2000kms from home to Melbourne. I was asked to come and preach my sermon “Preaching the Gospel in the Age of Apostasy” at the Melbourne Holy Epidemic Conference.

The day was a long day, and I had the privilege to open up the Word in the morning, and then we hit the streets of St. Kilda. An interesting thing about witnessing tonight was the fact that the Melbourne evangelism team had just finished constructing a full length black coffin.

Once the team was assembled the guys hoisted the coffin up on their shoulders and then marched down the main street singing “Amazing Grace”. This got the attention of everyone we passed, we had bouncers coming out of clubs to see what was going on, buskers stopped playing and crossed themselves. All those sitting in roadside cafes stopped eating to look. Then once stopped and lowered the coffin a crowd stood by and watched. This was a silent witness to the people of St Kilda.

John Legg then signalled for Forbes to jump up and preach. He did a great job, but I wasn’t able to listen to all the sermon since John asked me to take a small team further down the street to tract up everyone walking back and forth. It was quite productive, and a few good one to ones occurred.

But this was just the beginning of the night, when 1:30am rolled around John Legg tagged me into preach, and with the cops to one side of me, and a young heckler in front I opened up the Word of God.

The heckler was about 18 years old and was good value, he had a few smart aleck comments to make, but generally he was fine, that was until another heckle red entered into the mix. My first heckler then stole my water bottle, and drank my water. That water which he didn’t drink he decided to throw all over me.

The other heckle red decided to yell about how he is on a highway to hell, and how he loves the idea of burning for all eternity. So I described what hell was like for him, but he wasn’t interested. After a while of trying to get through to him, I tagged Alex in to preach.

After this Alex, and Chris preached, which brought us home for the night.

While Melbourne was a nice place to preach, it is no where near as good as preaching in Brisbane. But God be praised, since the gospel got heralded to a world dead in sin.

2007/10/10 6:57Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Willo wrote:

While Melbourne was a nice place to preach, it is no where near as good as preaching in Brisbane. But God be praised, since the gospel got heralded to a world dead in sin."

Just because you can't handle the cooler climes of the "promised land". :-P

Unfortunately I missed Josh's session at the conference, but overall it seemed to be a big success.

Funny story (well sort of) about our night in St. Kilda, when it was my turn to preach, I was preaching from Deut "I set before you this day life, death, blessing and cursing, therefore choose life". As I was making the point that people tend to do stupid things without thought of consequences (my thought going towards the countless drunkards roaming around, partying away) a guy came up to the coffin and asked, "What's in it?" I replied, "we all will be one day" and he pushed it over, breaking the hinge.

Within seconds, John Legg and a couple of other guys ran over to try and rescue it, and the police pulled up, in their car, and chased the guy up the road. I had already planned to move into the point that "it is appointed unto man, once to die (gestured to the coffin) and then judgement (gestured to the "red and blue lights" flashing behind me)."

I felt sorry for John and his outlay to get the coffin made, but it was amazing the lengths that God would go to to help His servant make a point. :-)

2007/10/10 10:35Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 13 October, 2006 [/b]

I was looking forward to hitting the streets witnessing tonight, since I have found that when I am away travelling I really miss preaching the gospel in Brisbane city. Now while I have preached in different cities I am yet to find a city better to preach in.

We had a smaller number on the ground tonight, but God be praised we had more than enough to declare the everlasting gospel.

After praying and Bible reading, we made our way as usual to the Queen street mall, and the first preacher up for the night was Kevin. He did an outstanding job and within seconds a crowd had gathered. He declared the full counsel of God, and then began to engage the hecklers in an open air discussion.

While this was going on, I had circled in behind Desma who was filming to give her a bit of extra cover since a few people were standing behind her, and while I was standing there handing out tracts, and great one to one occurred. A gentleman who had been listening to the preaching began to chat to me about what the preacher was saying, and he was very open to the gospel. However, he already believed himself to be saved, upon questioning him on how he knew he was saved, it soon became clear that this man was trusting in his own good works to save him. But after he came face to face with the law of God, he soon realised that his own good works would never merit his eternal salvation, but rather his good works meant nothing in the sight of God.

Kevin finished preaching shortly after this, and then it was time for Andrew. For the next hour Andrew was locked into an apologetic debate with a bunch of atheistic hecklers. Hsuy did a good job of presenting the proof for God, and then swinging in to dismantle their faulty logic on why there is no God.

After awhile Andrew stood down and addressed the group on a one to one level, and I was able to join in on the side. One gentleman that I spoke to claimed to be an atheist, and I didn’t think he was open, so we just chatted about general things. In the end he left with a tract “Does God Exist?” by Ken Ham, and then one of his friends began to ask questions in regards to “Where did the races come from?” I look her back to how we are all one blood, and how God confused the language back at Babel, and from there I was able to show that we are all humans created by God, and that we did not evolve. In the end she thanked me for answering her question and left with a tract.

Praise God that His Gospel was Preached!

2007/10/16 0:39Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Way of the Master Australia - Boot Camp: Gold Coast. 18-19. October, 2007[/b]

Today was the first day for us out on the street, after a well nourishing breakfast we made the walk into the CBD of Surfers Paradise. The pedestrian traffic was very slow since the Indy 300 race wasn’t due to begin till the next day, yet there were still quite a few race goers out and about seeing the sights of the Gold Coast.

Chris Sanford took his team down to the gates of the Indy, while my team stayed up around Cavil Ave. It was really cool to look around and see many people reading tracts, and also to see many of the team locked in one to one conversations.
We did some one to one for some time, then after lunch the call went out for both teams to join together for a good session of open air preaching.

Keith and Ryan were the first two preachers up, and nearly instantly a crowd had gathered around to listen to what they had to say, then after Ryan finished preaching, it was my turn. So I jumped up and did an Acts 17 on the crowd, beginning my sermon with “People of Gold Coast, I perceive in many ways you are very religious…” from there I spoke about how they have temples to the gods of pleasure and materialism. Then I swung in on addressing the unknown God, who is the very God who created the world, and currently sustains their life. The whole focus of my sermon was that there is a God who created us, a God whom we have sinned against, and a God who will judge us. After this I tagged John Legg in to preach grace.

The rest of the day was spent handing out tracts, and one to one witnessing. Many thousands of tracts were going out and this was but the first day. Much more was in store for the next day.

[b] Day 2 [/b]

The day began yet again with a nice walk down to the CBD of Surfers Paradise, but unlike yesterday there were thousands of people walking around. My team was sent down to the race entry gates to pass out tracts to all those in that area. We did this for about 90 minutes, and we all basically ran out of tracts, and it was only lunch time.

We then made our way back for another session of open air, but this time I didn’t preach since due to the sudden cold snap that the Coast was experiencing I had lost my voice. But it was good to see many first timers get up and preach the Word faithfully.

That night we hit the main Indy parade, and everyone ran out of tracts. It was incredible the amount of people that took tracts and wanted to talk more about what they had read. Praise God for what He is doing at this event.

[b] Saturday, 20 October, 2007 [/b]

After boot camp I was tired, yet we had to go out and preach the gospel in Brisbane city. With my voice still gone I decided to spend the night on the Bible table talking to those who came up.

The night was quiet in Brisbane, and this is probably due to the fact that many are down at the party on the Gold Coast for Indy. But a few people were present, so we had the immense privilege of being able to declare the gospel unto them.

While I was on the Bible table, a couple of our regular ‘professional’ hecklers came up, and we had a good discussion about Creation and Evolution. These two young guys have softened a lot over the past few weeks, and they have admitted to reading my weekly postings, so please be praying for those two young men, that they may come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Since the night was quiet, I got to have a couple of really good apologetic discussions with a man who was a pluralist, and a philosopher. Both were quite open and interested in understanding what Jesus Christ taught.

Praise God for all that He is doing!

2007/10/24 0:50Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 27 October, 2007 [/b]

The drive into the city tonight was an eventful one, since shortly after I left home my car started to have some very violent vibrations occurring in the steering column, so I thought it was better to be safe than sorry, so I pulled over and called my parents, so that I could use their car. As a result of this, I was running late when I met up with the team.

Tonight was a bit different, since we had the pleasure of being able to work alongside of the guys from Toowoomba, and even a bloke from the Sunshine Coast, both groups had driven a considerable distance, and it was a blessing to the Brisbane team to have them on board for the night.

We started preaching at around 9:30pm, and it was good to see Kevin get up to preach first. He had a few loud hecklers that he did very well in handling. He preached for a good while, and then when I wasn’t ready he announced to the crowd that I would be taking over.

So I jumped up, and I started by asking the question, “When the preacher says ‘God’, what is the first think you think of?” Then I pointed to a few people in the crowd and asked them what they thought. The first person said “The Lord Jesus Christ”, the second “Buddha”, and the third said “an omnipotent force”, this made me think that as preachers declaring the Word in this post Christian era, we need to be spending time defining what we are talking about. From there I began to preach on Acts 17, and the ‘unknown God’ who is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth. Then once I had explained who God was, then I swung into how we don’t fulfil our purpose of glorifying Him.

During this time a good size crowd of youth gathered to listen, they all pulled up and sat down at the foot of the soap box. They were all very open and wanted to talk, and of course when another group of youth saw what was going on they too came and sat down to listen.

They were your typical young people, just out looking for a laugh and some fun. A few of them hung on every word as I explained the law of God, and then after that they asked a lot of questions, ranging from Dinosaurs to Islam. As I discussed the Islamic faith, a man from India stopped to listen. It turned out that he was a Muslim, and he wanted to challenge the preaching.

I started off by asking him if a good judge would let a criminal go, of course he said ‘No!’ So from there I swung into the law, and he grasped that Allah couldn’t let him go. Then I had the privilege of being able to point him to the One who paid the fine of those who would repent.

He grasped the gospel and he seem to have a clear understanding of what I was saying, in the end he took a Bible, and he gave me his email address. I have since emailed him some tracts in his own language. Please be praying for his conversion.

I was exhausted after this, and for the rest of the night the Toowoomba guys had a preach. Overall it was a great night!

[b] Operation 513 Evangelism Blogs: [/b]

Brisbane: www.xanga.com/Josh_Williamson

Gold Coast: http://www.xanga.com/Hallelujah_JoshM

Redcliffe: http://www.xanga.com/Hallelujah_DanK

Sheffield U.K.: http://www.xanga.com/David_AnnaGee

2007/10/31 22:17Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 3 November, 2007 [/b]

Josh Mitchell and I arrived at 7:30pm in King George Square and to our surprise no one was there. This was very unusual since there is normally at least one other person there by then. Within a short time of us arriving Ryan arrived with a friend who had come out to see how we did ministry on the streets.

By the time we had finished praying and reading our a Bible a decent size team had assembled. We spent some time in fellowship before we made our way up to the Queen street mall.

The first preacher for the night was Ryan, he got up and preached on sin for a bit. After Ryan stepped down, Josh Mitchell jumped up and declared the gospel. Nearly instantly Josh had a heckler, who happened to be a former Mormon, so Josh made sure he had a correct understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

During this time Ryan and Joel were locked in a good conversation with two young ladies who were asking a lot of questions about evolution. The mall was fairly quiet tonight, and as a result there weren’t to many people in the mall. But the gospel went out to the few he had came out for the night.

After Joel finished talking to the evolution ladies, he jumped up for a preach. Now, Joel is one of those blokes who is really quiet and shy. Yet when he preaches he preaches with a nice loud, and clear voice. Joel Tay started off by preaching from Revelation 20 and the judgement seat of Christ, from there he began to expound on what sin is.

After a short time he tagged me in to preach. I thought to myself “I’ve got 10 minutes left, so I will do a nice short message”. Sadly, it didn’t go according to plan. I started off by talking about how in the due time Christ died for the ungodly. And nearly instantly I had a heckler come up and stand within a foot of me. I ignored him, and then a second heckler began to do it. So I thought it wise to talk to them, which I now realise was probably not the wisest decision. One of the hecklers was a racist who believed in honour killings, and how that killing is good. Of course, one heckler always draws others. So for the next 40 minutes I dealt with heckles.

By 12:30am I had finished with the hecklers so I wrapped it up, and as I began to pack up the Queensland police came up to check our permits. They were asking a lot of probing questions so I was very careful on how I answered them.

Then Matt our honour killing heckler came back. This time he wanted to talk about evolution, and how there are 3 level of human life. The lowest level according to him are the blacks, who in his worldview are sub-species, then second in rank were the whites, and finally the most highly evolved are the Asians. This was interesting since he was a self professed Arian, yet he was maintaining that Asians were more evolved that him.

After about 2 hrs of dealing with him, we bid him goodnight, and then finally began to leave, and as we walked up the mall we noticed that Josh Mitchell was locked in a good apologetic discussion with a man from the Seventh Day Adventist movement. This man is known to us since for the past two weeks he has been trying to witness to the people we witness to. Josh had the man nailed on theology, and after pointing out to the man the truth of the scripture he too bid him goodnight.

All in all it was a good quiet night!

[b] Operation 513 Evangelism Blogs: [/b]

Brisbane: www.xanga.com/Josh_Williamson

Gold Coast: http://www.xanga.com/Hallelujah_JoshM

Redcliffe: http://www.xanga.com/Hallelujah_DanK

Sheffield U.K.: http://www.xanga.com/David_AnnaGee

2007/11/7 5:10Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 17 November, 2007 [/b]

As I walked through the mall at just after 7pm, I thought to myself that tonight was going to be one of those slow nights in which we hand out a few tracts, have a few one to one conversations, and preach to a few people. But my thoughts could not have been further from the truth…

We met as per normal in King George Square, and had a time of prayer and Bible reading, then after this we made our way up into what I thought was the dead Queen Street Mall. To my surprise the mall was packed full of people, and I immediately realised that tonight we had a small team of eight people, so I knew it would be a massive task for the team to run everything that we normally run.

Josh Mitchell was the first preacher up, and he instantly had a crowd of people all shouting different questions at him. One guy in particular kept asking about Constantine giving us the Bible, since Josh was busy with another heckler, I engaged him on the side. But the sideline conversation wasn’t what the heckler wanted, so he began to yell at Josh, I told Josh that I could answer the questions quickly if he wanted me to, so he tagged me in and I said that I would tag him back when I had finished with these apologetic questions. The time was now 9:30pm.

I dealt with the accusations of Constantine giving us the Bible, by pointing to history and then building a case from the evidence, this then lead to an atheist yelling out that Jesus didn’t really exist, so I again appealed to history to show that Jesus Christ did walk the earth. The atheist heckler then began to yell to the large crowd that had gathered that “God was dead!” I replied by asking “When did He die?” He couldn’t answer that so he corrected himself by saying “God is NOT real, and I can prove it!” To which I asked him to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that God didn’t exist, the crowd looked at him as he turned his eyes toward heaven and yell “God if you are real then strike me dead now!” Of course when the man didn’t die the crowd erupted in cheers of support. This made the atheist heckler dance around in the praise of men.

The argument he presented is a common one, but sadly it is devoid of logic. So I turned to him, and said “Based on the logic you just presented, and using a similar argument, I can prove the existence of God.” To which I then turned to the crowd and said “If God is real, let me be standing upon a box preaching!” Then I stopped and said “Oh look I am standing on a box, I guess that must prove it!” The crowd then burst forth into laughter, as I pointed out that our challenges neither prove nor disprove the existence of God, but rather we should look beyond silly little statements to prove our theory, and spend time studying the facts.

From this point I launched into an apologetic proving the need of a Creator, and then I swung to the morality argument for the existence of God. This involved me opening up the ten commandments and shining the light of God’s law into the hearts of sinful men.

When I finished the law, I was about to swing to grace, when someone yelled out “Doesn’t evolution prove that there is no God?” So I took the time to explain to the crowd the two worldviews when it comes to how the world got here, first I looked at evolution and what it teaches, and then I looked at Creation. After looking at creation I explained the fall of man, and how by one mans sin, sin and death passed to all. The crowd paid close attention as this was being explained, so I then asked the question, “Would it be loving of God to leave us in sin and punish us?” A few said that it would be loving, while others said it wasn’t. So I pointed out the love that God showed towards the ungodly that in the due time He sent Jesus to die in their place.

After the grace message was presented, then more hecklers exploded onto the scene with more questions, so I did my best to answer them, and keep on pointing it back to the cross of Christ.

The amazing thing was that a lot of the crowd stood and listened from start to finish, and some who were against the preaching at the start came up at the end and thanked us for preaching.

As I stepped down from preaching I glanced at my watch and realised that it was now 11:30pm, I had been preaching and debating for two hours. God was so gracious in allowing one person to preach for the majority of the time, since it freed others up to witness also!

All Praise and Glory to our Loving and Merciful God!

2007/11/21 9:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy