SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Journal of a Journey

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
PosterThread
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Quote:

JohnJames4 wrote:
Hi Willo
I would like to get a hold of some good current tracts- can you hep me?
thanx and God Bless
JJ

Willo wrote:
[u]Journal of a Journey[/u]

Best tracts I have found are from www.livingwaters.com

2006/12/19 0:53Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 23 December, 2006 [/b]

Again another night preaching without permits. Just like last week I was nervous at the prospect of being arrested for the gospel. What a way that would have been to spend Christmas. But praise God the police and council didn’t come near us.

We met as a group at 7:30pm, there were a fair few of us tonight. We fielded a team of 25. During the prayer meeting this guy named Troy came in and started to say “AMEN!” “THAT’S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!” so I spoke to him. It turns out that I witnessed to him at the Schoolies outreach in November. Even though Troy was drunk he still remembered what we spoke about.

I spoke to him for awhile and he get going back to his pet sin, and saying how much he needed it. His pet sin was the devils booze. I reasoned with him from the scripture about how no drunk will end up in heaven. He accepted all that but still wouldn’t turn from his sin. He then got angry at us and walked away screaming about how he is a Christian. He even told us about how he goes to church. As soon as he announced that he went to the Logan Uniting Church it all fell into place, since the Uniting Church is known as an apostate church that allows homosexual ministers.

We went back to praying as a group with Troy still yelling. Then after prayer a couple of the guys went and spoke to him, and the next think I know Troy is pouring all his grog down the drain. He then decided he was going to hang out with us.

When we arrived in the Queen Street Mall, Andrew was elected to preach first. While he was preaching Troy kept screaming things out, and then taking the hecklers that Andrew had. Although Andrew did manage to get a good heckler who was a professing Christian. That grew the crowd a lot which was good since it was a real slow night on the streets.

After Andrew preached Josh Mitchell got up and had a bash. He did well although only a handful of people stopped to listen. But Praise God even a few got to hear the gospel!

Then it came time for me to preach. I started off by telling a bit of a Christmas story. It was a hard time, since next to no one stopped. But then God brought a guy along who was a professing Christian. So I walked him through the gospel. It soon became clear that this guy was not born again. He understood that he would go to hell, and that concerned him. But he believed that he had plenty of time, he was convinced that he wasn’t going to die for a long time, so he can get right with God later. I pleaded with him from the scripture about today being the day of salvation, and how our life is but a vapour. But he wasn’t interested. Before he left I offered him a tract but he refused it. The church this guy is from is a mega church and they are known for their soft message. After dealing with him the open air continued for over an hour with many hecklers asking good questions. The topics I got to cover were: Creation, evolution, Biblical infallibility, and the nature of God.

I find it so sad that a person can sit in church for years, yet not be told the gospel. What happened to those who preached the Bible as Paul did, the preachers whose message was Christ crucified? Where have they gone? No longer do we hear about Christ Jesus coming into the world to save sinners, but we hear a unbiblical message of Christ coming to give you blessing and prosperity. The gospel has degenerated into a life enhancement message and has lost the power of God unto salvation. The God that the modern church seems to preach is “Our Father which art our cash machine ” instead of the Holy God who demands holiness. By dealing with many false converts tonight this is very clear, and those that think the church is the strongest today than it has ever been needs to spend some time talking to professing Christians outside of the church environment. Let it ring loud and clear “Many will come saying Lord, Lord, and Christ will say depart from me”. Those who are false converts are asleep in their sin and all the church is doing is letting them sleep on. They are impressed with the church growth programs or even making sure the sleeping sinner is purpose driven, but they fail to point out the very thing that is draining their life blood, and that is sin, and the only thing that will awaken the sleeping false convert is the preaching of the unadulterated gospel! Preachers know your Bible and preach it. Don’t preach a gimmick geared gospel, don’t be pragmatic but rather be biblical.

Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. - 2 Timothy 4:2 (ESV)

2006/12/23 22:33Profile
Willo

Re:

G'day!

I have had many emails from people asking if I could upload some video of myself preaching, well since I have been pressed for time I haven't been able to do it til now. I have been able to upload one open air sermon from the Gold Coast. The crowd that was there was fairly quiet, but you can read the full report of the day from Journal of a Journey - December 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr9DKcsvi3o - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JscZiBavKjQ - Part 2

Yours in Christ

Josh Williamson

2006/12/26 22:34Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 30 December, 2006 [/b]

I wasn’t expecting many people to show up tonight for the outreach. But I was surprised we ended up with about twenty people coming out to witness. We spent a bit of time in prayer and Bible reading as normal before heading out into the streets.

When 9pm rolled around we went to our normal spot, Josh Mitchell was the first man to preach since he had to leave early. He started off and went very well. He had hecklers who were open to the gospel and he was able to reason with them. While he was preaching Wendy showed up, now Wendy is like the elite of hecklers, although you cannot reason with her, she just screams and hits you. Then when you read scripture she screams louder. So Caleb and I intercepted her to keep her away from the preacher. Wendy quickly took ownership of Caleb and wouldn’t leave him alone. But its better we deal with her in a one to one than have to worry about her stopping the preaching.

After an hour of preaching Josh Mitchell finally stood down. We then put David Gee up for a preach. It was a fairly quiet night on the streets, the crowds were polite and a lot of people listened. After David preached, Trevor got up to have a go. It was about this time the interesting part of the night occurred.

Through out the night we had about eight police drive past or walk past. They all waved and said “hello” but then while Trev was preaching a sound of dirt bikes were heard, and as I looked up the mall I saw two police officers approaching. Now I was just listening to the preaching, and one of the bikes pulled up next to me, and I saw it was the same Sergeant from a couple of weeks ago that decided to shut us down. The first thought that ran through my mind was “Game over”, then the Sergeant snapped at me to produce a permit. I replied that we didn’t have a council permit to preach, but we did have permission and authority to preach in the mall. He then asked for proof of permission, I handed him a copy of the Australian Constitution that assures us the freedom to preach. He looked at it and said he wouldn’t accept that, he then asked on what authority did we preach, to which I replied: “We have authority from God to preach”. He said that wasn’t acceptable either then started to rant about us preaching.

He then said he would be issuing me a move on order for preaching. But he also made mention to arresting me. So I thought I would be spending the New Year in lock up, but he decided that issuing a move on was enough.

As he was writing out my details he asked if I was prepared to be arrested for preaching, I said that I would be willing to be arrested for the proclamation of the gospel, since the bible we preach from is drenched in the blood of the martyrs. At this point the constable asked what is that we, and why do we do it. So I got to explain the full gospel to this police officer. While the Constable listened the Sergeant was getting more angry.

He then formally ordered me to leave the mall for twelve hours, it was at this point I informed him that I hadn’t actually preached, and that I was being issued an order for something I hadn’t done. His face showed shock as he realised that he had acted illegally. The constable then tried to get an admission of guilt out of me. Since the move on order was only for me the rest of the team continued on witnessing. The Sergeant then ordered those around him to produce ID since they were going to be moved on also. Caleb also got issued a move on order for preaching when he hadn’t preached either.

The Sergeant didn’t book the other half of the team, so they continued to share the gospel. Over all it was an interesting night, but we will be back next week.

[I]“We must obey God rather than men” [/I]- Acts 5:29 (ESV)

[b] Sunday, 31 December, 2006 [/b]

New Years eve - When we started prayer meeting tonight there was only four of us, and I thought that probably been the full extent of the team. But God was gracious to bring along a team of a strength of about 20 people.

Tonight we had permits so we didn’t have to worry about being illegal shut down. We set up the flip chart down the bottom of the Queen street mall, then I tried to stop one guy to do an IQ test on. Now the bloke I stopped was named Axel, as he went through the IQ test a crowd of about 40 people filled in behind him, so it went from one to one into an open air preach. It was unplanned in my eyes, but God knew what He was doing.

After this Kevin preached, he had a couple of hecklers which he handled well. After Kev preached I got up to have a go. There was a lot of people in the mall, yet not much of a crowd was forming. Slowly some hecklers came out of the woodwork, some were just wanting to mock, but two islander guys came under deep conviction as I reasoned with them about how God being Holy cannot allow sinners into heaven.

After the open air Cameron jumped up and started up. While he was preaching our weekly JW heckler was there, so Josh Mitchell and I got to talk to him. Each week you can see some of the cultic teachings he holds to starting to crumble. Keep in prayer as we seek to show him who Jesus Christ really is.

I then got to do a one to one with a lawyer named Sarah, she was very friendly but was trying to argue her way out of the court room of God. She tired to reason it out based on her legal studies, and on how we can’t be held accountable for our actions. But slowly it dawned on her that we have a conscience and that we knew right from wrong. Then she had to wrestle with the whole concept then of where that conscience came from. She then told me about how she started to think about these things a few months ago when she was in Melbourne walking through the Bourke Street Mall, she said as she walked she heard a preacher talking about how “things created need a Creator” then reasoning from buildings and builders. It turns out that she had heard John Legg’s team in Melbourne and now she was up in Brisbane hearing it again. That made her think a lot.

During this time both Tanya and Josh had preached. I don’t how they went I was too busy trying witness to Sarah.

By this stage it was nearing midnight so we stopped preaching for the year. Then about 10 minutes later we started again. The first preaching for the new year.

[b] Monday, 1 January, 2007 [/b]

12:15am - We formed a preaching line. Since the crowd that was coming down the mall was fast moving we decided to preach about sixty second gospels then pass it on to the next preacher to do the same. We did this til 1 am, by that time we all were starting to lose voice from preaching non stop. The preaching line was interesting since we had 11 of us in the line and we all had a different style of preaching but the same message.

Happy New Year!

2007/1/1 8:29Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 6 January, 2007 [/b]

Well the New Year is off to a bang! We had about 20 people come out on the streets tonight to witness. Most of us were excited over the new tract that we had printed, which is a Australian Big $100 note. We found this tract to have a strike rate of about 90% +.

Also a plus tonight was that we had a permit to preach, even though it wasn’t in our normal area it was better than nothing.

First man up preaching was Caleb, he opened up and did a very good job for a new preacher. I think we will have to keep an eye on him since the fruits he is showing is one of a great preacher in the future.

Then it was time for Rick to get up and have a go. Rick has only preached a handful of times but he still does a very good job, and over time I think he will make an awesome preacher.

After Rick it was my turn, the mall was fairly quiet I didn’t think there would be much of a crowd. I preached for a bit and I noticed a man standing listening. So I did a ‘call out’ where I directed a question at him. He answered and from there I had a good heckler. His name was Ahmed a Muslim from Egypt. He was very open and had a lot to say. He even admitted that the Koran teaches to kill those who oppose Islam. While I was talking to him and doing a comparison of the Bible and Koran a police sergeant approached and moved on Ahmed. But before he left Ahmed took a tract.

While preaching some bloke came running through and stole my preaching Bible, he didn’t get to far since a member of the team stopped him. Then some drunk who called himself “Buffalo Bill” started to yell out something about ’righteousness’ he then laid down in front of me while I preached.

When I wrapped up, we had a time of one to one then a couple of other guys had a preach. It was during this time ’Buffalo Bill’ decided to rebuke me. He started to scream at me about not preaching correctly. He was angry and right up in my face. I rebuked him and he left yelling.

It was shaping up to be an interesting night, but even though it was now about 11pm there was more to come.

David Gee then got up to preach - while he was preaching this Satanist started to yell and abuse. He really didn’t have much to say except for being a foul mouth. Dave kept on preaching. Then entered a man who had gotten angry at the message. So he decided to get up in Dave’s face, and start to abuse and shove him. Cameron and I saw this so we moved in next to the preacher to give him some support if things went bad.

The man was yelling about how David was preaching bad, and how he knew the truth since he was a catholic. Then just to prove how good of a catholic boy he is, he pushed Dave off the soap box and started to kick him. I stepped in then and put myself in between Dave and the catholic. I slowly moved him back and then Dave got up and continued preaching.

At this stage the catholic was talking to me, and it seemed that he was calming down a little, but then a trouble maker entered in and started to stir him up again. So the catholic went over to and grabbed him but the shirt, I told him to take his hands off the preacher which he did. Then I noticed that behind the large crowd that had gathered, that three police officers were quickly approaching. I told Dave and he kept preaching. The catholic then made the biggest mistake, he went in for a push to throw Dave through a glass window. Dave went flying into the glass which didn’t break, and I stepped in between again to defend Dave if the bloke kept going. But by this stage the police had restrained him and put the cuffs on. The response of the crowd was to applaud. People were actually on the preachers side for once which is always nice.

Dave set the soap box back up and continued preaching til the police asked to talk to him, so I jumped up and finished the preaching. The rest of the team then took over and witnessed one to one.

While the police were battling to get the heckler into the police prison van, another two hecklers piped up and started abusing the cops. So the male of the group got arrested, and then his female companion started to abuse even more, so when the police went to arrest her she kicked the police, and as a result four officers tackled her onto the police car in order to cuff her.

At this stage there was about 18 police officers present and four vehicles including a rapid response van full of police. The officers then spoke to David and I about what happened, we explained and thought it was over. But then the police called Dave over and it looked like he may be arrested for violating hate speech. Since accusations were made that we were racist. So the police again questioned him on the streets, and then questioned me. We both took the opportunity to witness to the police officers.

The great thing was that we had filmed the whole night so the police looked at the tape and listened to the audio and cleared us. Stating that the hecklers had been lying.
It was a quiet night in the mall, but by far one of the most intense nights I have ever seen in witnessing.

To God Be the Glory!

2007/1/7 11:13Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Planet Shakers Conference - January 8 - 12, 2007 [/b]

[b] Monday [/b]

We arrived at the conference in the afternoon hoping to speak to a few people to see what they believed in. But we found that a lot of the people had already gone into session, so that meant we had to hang around for a little while.

When they came out of session we were able to go and talk to a few people. The first guy I spoke to was a young man named Justin, he was very open to talking. So I asked him about what it meant to be a Christian, and how to become a Christian. The answers that he gave were so sad. In regards to the first question he said “To be a Christian means to have fun”. Then to the second “Just believe in God”. After hearing this I shared the gospel with him, and it seems as if it was the first time he had ever heard it.

After this I got to speak to Luke, he was very open and very confident that he was saved. But as we questioned about certain things in regards to Christianity we soon found it that he also didn’t know was the gospel is. I was finding with the people I was talking to that you could explain the gospel yet they still think they are saved even though they admit if they died right now they would go to hell. I was wondering how to get around this but then it clicked. I grabbed out a bible and took the people to passages like: Matthew 7:21-23; 2 Corinthians 13:5, and 2 Peter 1:10.

[b] Tuesday [/b]

Nice and early 8am start and already people were in lines. So we started to talk to people. I got a group of four young guys and as I sat and shared with them they said some scary things. When I asked “How can someone be saved?” they replied: “When you die you will see a door, then the door opens up and a light shines out. God then asks you two questions, and if you get them right, you will get to go to heaven.”

Everyone went if for conference then, we stayed out side and did some bible study. To have a bible at a Christian conference gets you some weird looks.

When they all came out we went off witnessing again. Again it was swing and a miss for finding Christians. Then I found one!!

I went out the front of the convention centre and I saw a bloke sitting by himself, so I walked over and introduced myself. We chatted for a bit then after a bit of probing this guy appeared to be genuinely saved! He had such a hunger for the word of God it was amazing. So we spent some time doing a brief bible study on why we should witness. He was pumped up after that so I gave away a CD on sharing our faith.

It was really encouraging to find a Christian! Later on in the day two of the team decided to hand out tracts in front of the conference. This was a signal to the Planet Shakers security to launch their attack. They came down in an extended line of about ten security guards to deal with a couple of kids handing out tracts. They were told they wouldn’t allow us to hand them out here since its not with the conference, and plus everyone is saved. A challenge was mounted about if everyone was saved but they just dismissed it.

So the guys went around the side onto a public sidewalk to hand out tracts to all the youth from the conference. That was going really well as they handed out the new Big money tract. Then three security guards from the conference came and told us to stop handing out tracts. We refused, we informed them that this was public property and they had no right as event security to tell us to stop. They weren’t happy but they eventually left.

It was really encouraging to go back inside and see hundreds of kids walking in reading gospel tracts. They tried to ban it but yet the gospel still gets in! After this another security guard got Anna from our team and told her off for talking to people. But by this stage it was go home time so we left.

[b] Wednesday [/b]

Another day of witnessing. Today I met a bloke who could actually tell me what the word repent means. Then after some more probing I found out that he was indeed a Christian. Second one that I had spoken to at the conference.

But just like every other day the scary statements came out. When speaking to one guy about how to be saved, he said “The Bible says you must say the sinners prayer to be saved”. I asked him where that was found, he replied “The Gospel of John, you know ‘No man comes to the Father but by saying the sinners prayer’”. His friend then said “Yeah. I am the way, the truth, and the life no man comes to the Father but by me, that’s the sinners prayer”. I wanted to cry at this point. Then I explained to them that was what Jesus Christ said about Himself.
Later in the day I got a call from Dave saying that he was to have a meeting with one of the top dogs from planet shakers. They weren’t happy with him talking to people. So I went with him to meet the event organiser for Planet Shakers Queensland.

We met with Mark Penny and he spoke in a way in which in one breath he said “Its okay to talk to people” then “No its not okay”, but then he said the best words we could hear “I can’t stop you from doing this”. So we continued.

[b] Thursday [/b]

We decided to start later again today since it was the start of a new conference. We arrived around 3pm. We went straight off into witnessing and it we had no security issues. Mark Penny came up and spoke to us, just to find out what we were doing. Then encouraged us to go to the free night rallies.

So that night we went to the night rally. It was straight up a mockery to God. The offering speech was all about how if you want to see people saved, and the flames of revival then you need to give money! During this time I was checking the passage from which the offering preacher was talking about. While I was doing this a security guard tapped me on the shoulder and asked “Do you have a problem?” I didn’t realise that the Bible made people so nervous. I explained to him ‘my problem’ he then went off talking in his radio. Then we noticed that many security guards were watching us and standing behind us. They stayed there for the rest of the night. When the preacher got up to deliver his speech, he ripped a text out of context then added things that aren’t in the Bible. But 90% of those people that heard him went forward in the salvation call which contained no salvation message.

We left before the show was over, then as we were walking away a security guard stopped us. As we spoke to him more guards arrived and surrounded us. Typical intimidation move. They accused us of standing up through the service and yelling things at the preacher. Which we hadn’t done. But they weren’t prepared to listen. Planet Shakers security chief brought a lot of lying accusations against us. So I told him to repent for his lying. That made him angry. He then ordered us to leave.

[b] Friday [/b]

We again arrived late in the afternoon and we didn’t expect to last long. Within twenty minutes we had two security guards and Mark Penny questioning us. We then spent an hour going back and forth over what was going on. Mark wasn’t going to back done and neither was I. After an hour they left and we went out to witness to people.
We were handing out tracts on the footpath on public property but it soon became apparent that the people had been told not to take the tracts. Some even said they were of a different faith to us so they wouldn’t take our literature. One guy who was an usher said he didn’t ever want to be saved. Then security guards came and told us to get a life and do something more effective.

I guess we ‘shook their planet’ for them to respond in such away. It was really saddening to see such a hatred for the gospel. We don’t see that kind of hate from Satanists. Yet these professing Christians despised us and the gospel

2007/1/12 22:45Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 13 January, 2007 [/b]

Saturday night was one of those nights that was strange, in that I cannot remember much of what happened. I was really tired on the night so I was concentrating on staying awake and handing out tracts. Also I planned not to preach.

One guy that I got to speak to was a Satanist who had a hatred for God since when he was nine his mum was in a car accident, and was put on life support. He couldn’t understand why a loving God would allow that. The guy had a very tender conscience, and he said that he felt bad for heckling for me in the past. The bloke was crying as he explained his story. But before we could try and minister to him he walked away crying.

During this time Caleb, Kevin, and Tanya had all preached.

Around 10:45pm I decided it was time to preach, so I got up and preached my ‘booze sermon’ from Proverbs 20:1. It wasn’t long before I had a few hecklers who asked some good questions about evolution etc.

While dealing with a heckler named Ed, a young couple all dressed in black wearing satanic emblems came up. The male in the couple decided he hated me and went after me. While I was preaching he got up in my face abusing me, and cursing me. He then started to shove and push me. But I kept preaching and calling on him to repent.

Then he turned to me and said “If you say one more word I will ram your head into that glass window.” Again I turned to him and said “Repent, Flee from the wrath that is to come!” He started to scream and really get mad. But it was about now that other people had stepped in and were trying to stop this guy from going at me. His girlfriend then turned and asked me a question she said: “I spent three years in a Pentecostal bible college… I was involved in street evangelism, but now I don’t believe in God. Prove to me that the Bible is correct.” As she spoke she was crying, and my heart broke for her. Here was a young lady that had a intellectual knowledge of God, but had never known Him. I started to answer her question, then every time I tried to answer her boyfriend would interrupt and start screaming, this guy was full of demons and he hated any chance of his girlfriend hearing the truth.

In the end I told him I wouldn’t speak to him any more since he had made up his mind, and that no matter what I said he wasn’t interested in listening or learning. At this point Caleb and Cameron came in. Caleb started to talk to the demoniac, while Cameron spoke to the former bible college student. While they were talking I got to go back to reasoning with Ed, and then his gay friend.

That was the last preach for the night, and the rest of the night was spent in one to ones, and handing out tracts.

Please pray for that young lady as she tried to work out what is truth.

2007/1/15 22:44Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 20 January, 2007 [/b]

Praise God! We have finally been allowed to preach again in our normal spot. So tonight with a team of about 17 people we made our way to the Queen street mall.

I was the first preacher up, and I started about how the church is full of hypocrites and how a lot preachers will try and take your money. Then I turned it back around to ask why people would blame God for something man has done? From there I started in on sin.

Not long into it I had a couple of young guys who liked Slayer music come up and heckle. So I got to share the gospel with them. One of them looked as if he was convicted. Then after speaking to them for about ten minutes I hear a yell from the crowd that had gathered.

I turned to see this woman dressed in white screaming at me about judging, and then yelling about paedophile priests. So I informed her that God will judge those priests, and that they will end up in hell. But she didn’t like that, she started to rant about the church covering things up. So again I pointed out that the church does not stop God from judging these people. It turns out she is a catholic and that she hates all those that oppose Rome. So I questioned her on if she would like to spend eternity next to those priests. She said she wouldn’t have to worry about that since she wasn’t a sinner. So I asked if she lied, to which she replied she had. So that was enough for me to say that she was damned.

She then continued to scream at me about how I shouldn’t judge people. So I asked her if I was wrong for what I was doing, to that she yelled “Yes”, so then I had to point out that she was a hypocrite because she had just done the same thing she said I shouldn’t be doing - judging.

She then turned on Rick and started to blast him, after that she decided to open fire on Desma. This woman was a real spitfire. While she was abusing the others I went back to my original two hecklers who were listening to everything. I was able to give grace, and point out how they could be saved. After this a bunch of Irish Catholics came along and started a ‘yahoo’ about how the catholic church was the only true church, so I rebuked that concept.

After my preaching Andrew Hsu got up and had a bash. He wasn’t feeling too well, and wanted to only preach a short message. But he ended up in an open air debate with an evolutionist. Then a Muslim, so 50 minutes after he started he stood down. Then it was Rick’s turn to jump up and preach. Ricks preaching was the last one for the night. After this we just did one to one and handing out tracts.

The Muslim that Andrew was talking to was very convicted and convinced of the Gospel, but was not at the place of repentance. Please pray for him.

[b] Sunday, 21 January, 2007 [/b]

A very hot day, Summer has hit hard. With the sapping heat and not feeling well I decided that I would not preach today. In effect I was just being a sissy boy. But God had other plans.

The first preacher up was Dave, he preached for around 15 minutes, He did a good job preaching while battling the 35’C + heat and high humidity. Then as soon as he stepped down Blake jumped up and preached. He did a good job although he was nervous. After this wee did some tract work and one to one.

I still wasn’t planning on preaching, but the burden got to much, so I had to preach. It was a really quiet day on the beach front we thought that due to the huge concert just up the road that is why no one was walking around.

So I got up and preached about how many people have died in the surf on the Gold Coast, and about how dangerous it is to go swimming in the ocean, then turned it back around to Hebrews 9:27 on how we all will die and stand before God and give an account of all our sin.

It wasn’t long before I had a young bloke who decided to heckle me. So I started to take him through the law of God. Then while doing that a man appeared wearing bright green pants, and his eyes were glowing blue. He came to declare that I was wrong and that he was in fact Jesus Christ. So that turned the preaching from one direction to another. I started to aim at false Christs and how they will seek to deceive people. This made the man angry he started to abuse me, telling me to shut up. But I kept on preaching. While he was yelling the crowd was growing.

He kept claiming he was Christ, so I challenged him to go walk on the ocean to which he refused. But he did go and get a big piece of cardboard and pen. When he returned he called the crowds attention to himself. He started to write the name “Jesus” on the cardboard, and then claimed that was his signature and that proved he was in fact Christ. So again I went after him. This man who was no doubt full of demons had set himself up in a position and declared that he was God. So I started to rebuke him to which he kept abusing. The call of repentance kept going out but this mans heart was hard. But the crowd was still standing and listening. By this stage the crowd was huge, and probably the biggest crowd I have seen on the Gold Coast.

The man told me to ‘shut up’ and I replied that if he was God let him make me mute, to which he started to speak in demonic tongues and point at me. So kept preaching and calling on him to flee from the wrath that is to come, and quoting scripture on how he cannot prevail against the gospel. The interesting thing was he went mute while he was cursing, and you could see that he was trying to speak but nothing was coming out. Then once he stopped cursing he could again speak.

After that a couple of people from the crowd started to have a go at him over him lying about being the Christ. He then turned and started to curse the crowd. I kept on preaching - again he yelled at me to shut up, I wouldn’t. Then I noticed that he dropped his shoulder, and I could tell he was about to swing a punch. He stepped in and swung hard at me. I saw it coming and was able to block it. He ten took another swing which I just stepped out of the way of. Then another man entered claiming to be a Christian. He told me to stop preaching as Christ was not in it. He said that we shouldn’t preach in public. Basically he was trying to shut down the preaching much like the demoniac was.

A young guy in red pants had nailed the false Christ before was now listening intently. He then got excited about the false Christ being beaten. He was so excited that he started to swear. So I pulled him into line and told him to start living the life of a Christian, since he was wearing a “Got Jesus” T-shirt. His face betrayed conviction as he realised he had done wrong.

After that I wrapped up and the team handed out well over 100 tracts to those who were in the crowd listening. - [i]Sola Deo Gloria![/i]
Here is a video from the preaching on the Gold Coast, this is the sermon where I get heckled and hit by a man claiming to be Jesus Christ.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDuSGTAd8eQ
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5YkzuaSYa8
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vraohf6cmmQ

It starts off slow, but then it grows and a large crowd gathers.

2007/1/22 4:31Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 27 January, 2007 [/b]

What a hot night, the temperature was so high, and a lot of humidity. We met in our normal spot in King George Square for a time of prayer and group bible reading.

At 9pm we headed up to our preaching spot (after stopping for a cold drink and ice cream!). Andrew Hsu was the first man up. He preached, and preached and preached! For over an hour he opened up God’s Word, and declared the Glory of the King. He preached it hard, and a lot of people got to hear the gospel.

Then after Andrew, it was Tanya’s turn. She did very well, and preached for the longest I have ever heard her preach. After she wrapped up we did some one to one for a short time, and then it was my turn. To be honest I didn’t want to preach it was a hot night I felt like just talking one to one. But woe is me if I don’t preach the gospel.

So I started off preaching about how death is following us all, and one day death will claim us as its own. During this time it was fairly slow. Then I don’t know how it happened but hecklers opened up. One named Scott started to ask about paedophile priests, he was getting really angry at the mongrels that hurt kids. So I agreed with him, and then stated that God has seen it, and their judgement is coming. Then as I was dealing with him another heckler yelled out “What about Abortion?” Now that is a topic I hate dealing with in the open air, since it always turns into me fighting for my life as a bunch of angry women seek to kill me.

Kevin just happened to have his flip chart with him tonight, so I opened it up to the full colour picture of an abortion, then started to ask the lady if she thought that it was all right to kill kids. She was stunned and didn’t know what to say. I then flipped it to another chart which showed a baby in a coffin. Again I asked her if she was prepared to go on the record for supporting the murder of babies. She couldn’t answer, but neither would she leave. Then another women started in on me, using all the arguments asking things like “What about rape?” “What about if you can’t support the child?”. I answered each time about not killing the child. I then made the statement that mothers who abort their kids feel worse afterwards, since their conscience tells them that they are murderers.

The woman and her husband both said, “We have aborted two babies and we don’t care. We don’t feel bad!” I turned to them and replied “Sure you feel bad, you know its wrong. If you didn’t care then right now you wouldn’t be justifying your actions. Your conscience is raging right now saying “You are a murderer!” After that they wouldn’t heckle, they just listened.

But the hecklers continued to build, at one point I had five hecklers at once, including one guy who wouldn’t let me answer. Every time I went to answer someone’s question he would interrupt. So I turned to the crowd, and said that from now on I wouldn’t answer questions due to this man not wanting them to know the truth. Then I just started to preach. After a couple minutes I answered another question, and the heckler that was interrupting wouldn’t say any more.

During this time I had to address issues like: Evolution, Atheism, Homosexuality, Abortion, Paedophilia - but in all things it kept coming back to the cross of Christ.

When I stepped down, I was told I was preaching for over and hour, and that it was now 12:30am. We were supposed to finish at about 12am.

[b] Sunday, 28 January, 2007[/b]

Down the Gold Coast again for another great day of declaring the majesty of the King! When we arrived we noticed it was fairly busy. So the first preacher up was Tanya. She did very well, then she got a couple of hecklers which she dealt with.

I thought it would be good to push through a bunch of newer preachers, so that they can learn a bit more in the realm of open air preaching. After Tanya, David got up and preached. It was his first full message. He started off very nervous but by the end he seemed to be running smoothly. Then it was time for Tim to get up and preach. He did really well. Blake then decided to get up and have a go as well. His preaching was full of scripture, and their was a lot of conviction in his voice as he told about how God saved him.

Then it fell to me to preach, I was feeling fairly sick today so I decided only to preach a short message. I started off referencing the ocean, and then pointing out the power it contains. Then pointed to the one who made the ocean. I had a young guy which I called out and engaged in the open air. He listened and responded. But his friends dragged him away in the end. I didn’t preach for to much longer after that. Although I did notice this one lady who sat and listened to the whole open air.

After I finished Tim, and Blake went and spoke to this lady. Of late she had been thinking a lot about God, and she wanted to learn more. So they were able to give her a gospel of John, and then minister to her from the Word of God!

It was a great summers day on the beach front!

[I] Sola Deo Gloria! [/i]

International Outreach
www.intout.com

2007/1/29 22:54Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 3 February 2007 [/b]

It was our first night of operating as an independent team separate from GNN. The team operated fine, it was as if nothing had happened. We had a team of around twenty Christians all set on witnessing tonight, so at 9pm we hit the Queen street mall.

I wasn’t feeling all to well, so I handed over leadership of the team to Andrew Hsu for the night, and I was going to take it easy. But that didn’t seem to happen. The first preacher up for the night was Cameron, he was preaching and a good size crowd gathered to hear the gospel. A lot of questions were thrown at him. He then handed it over to me (so much for an easy night!), I then engaged in an open air question and answer session for some time. A lot of the initial crowd was still present listening to the debates. After some time I handed it over to Andrew Hsu to preach. He went after some of the hecklers and nailed them with the word of God. Overall the three of us all building on what the other had said worked very well.

After this a couple from Auckland, New Zealand came up and said they were Christians, and they were encouraged by what they had seen. So praise God that the saints are being built up!

Later on in the night Kevin preached, now he did extremely well. He preached for near on 30 minutes which is a long time for him. He is fast becoming a well equipped open air preacher! The rest of the night was spent doing one to one and handing out tracts. It was a strange night on the street with the crowds acting weirdly. But praise God that His word went out!

[i] Sola Deo Gloria! [/i]

International Outreach
www.intout.com

2007/2/6 1:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy