SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Journal of a Journey

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
PosterThread
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

[b] Saturday, 21 October 2006 [/b]

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN! It was pouring down tonight as we made our way out on the streets. So that made the Queen street mall really quiet, and it didn’t help to much that the main road into Brisbane had been closed all week, and that the Indy champ cars were racing down the Gold Coast.

But all that aside there was still a few people running around the city. A team of about 20 people assembled. We had a time of prayer, and then we made our way up into the wet to preach. But God be praise He held the rain away so we had a chance without getting really wet.

David Gee was the first preacher up, and he spoke on the stupidity of evolution. He preached for near on twenty minutes. Towards the end he had a heckler who said he was born a Christian, but came to the fullness of the faith after seeing the movie ‘dogma’. So Dave reasoned with him via the law of God. The hecklers friends wanted him to go, but he didn’t leave til he had taken a tract.

After David finished preach Trevor got up to preach. He did really well had great voice projection. But quickly three hecklers moved in for the kill. One tried to light his bible on fire, and then the other starting in on the evolution debate. So he was directed over to Dave, and Trevor tagged me in so I could deal with heckler Luke.

Luke was a decent heckler, he had a lot of good questions. He quickly came to the understanding of his fate before God, and it gave him food for thought. He also took tracts, but he hung around for most of the night so he heard the gospel many times over.

After this we had a break from preaching, but then enter Pear, now we have dealt with in the past. He claims to be one of the two prophets of the book of Revelation. We tried to reason with him for some time. But every time he was confronted with scripture he would change topics and go off on a rant. He then decided to have a preach. He started shouting out REPENT, REPENT, REPENT! JESUS LOVES YOU REPENT!” I was able to jump in and cut the sermon short when he stopped to take a breathe.

We had a couple of new preachers after that, and the crowd was starting to completely disappear. Owen from Toowoomba was preaching and his voice started to give out so he got me up to finish dealing with his heckler.

His heckler was ‘Action’ Dan, he was a drunk bloke just wanting a show. He was a fairly good heckler, but while dealing with him a group of Satanist came down. As soon as I saw them I knew we were in for a show.

The first Satanist decided to pull down his pants, and flash his backside at me while I was preaching, but while he was doing that another one started to urinate on the seat next to me. They were screaming things like ‘hail satan’ etc.

Then the Satanist that beared his backside came back with a bottle of water from one of those officer water coolers. He yelled this is holy water, and then asked if I have been baptised. I replied that I had. To which he informed me he would baptise me again.

He then climbed up behind me, and poured about 15 litres of cold water all over me. He then slammed it down, and started to roar. Tonight I was re-baptised. So I then preached on Jesus giving Living Water. They all then started to chant ‘LAMB OF GOD’ so while I was dripping wet I preached on the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

About this stage the police showed up. The police drove past, and then one of them came back. Walked up to ‘Action’ Dan and said “Do you have something you want to say to me pencil neck”. Dan backed out very quickly. The officer then turned to me saying that we did a good job, and if we ever had any problems to come and get them. As they will take away any one stopping us from preaching. It was encouraging to find out that the police know who we are, and that also they are seeing the preaching as a plus for the mall.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

2006/10/22 10:12Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 28 October, 2006 [/b]

Tonight we were prepared for a rough night since the news papers have reported that Satanists from Australia wide will be coming to Brisbane over the next few days to have ceremonies, black masses etc to stop the advancement of Christianity in this city. The police are stepping up patrols to combat the satanic invasion, and we will be stepping up the preaching.

When we arrived in King George Square we noticed an increase presence of the Satanists. But we rested in the fact that God was for us, and that we had many Christians praying for us.

Some of the other guys arrived around 7:45pm so we started to have a time of prayer. We prayed for awhile and then had a corporate bible reading. After this Tanya and Warren went around the square handing out tracts, and then Tanya started witnessing to the Satanists in the middle of their group. Seriously she has no fear!

After this we headed into the Queen street mall for our normal street meetings. Cameron was the first preacher up and he preached for some time. He had a couple of drunk hecklers mocking God but he continued to preach the full gospel. When Cameron had finished I jumped up and preached my booze sermon, based from Proverbs 20:1.

I preached for awhile, and it was hard to get hecklers. So I started to call out people in the crowd. Harley took the bait and wanted to prove to the crowd that he was a great person. So we walked through the law with him, and Harley soon became very quiet. He was frozen to the ground. After we had finished preaching he took an in depth gospel tract. So please pray that God would grant this young man repentance.

After this a teenager approached me to day we weren’t loving. We should be preaching that God wants to prosper people. Since everyone has the fear of God. I reasoned with him for about an hour from the scripture. But he wasn’t prepared to listen. He just kept going on about love, and failing to see that true love warns people.

While I was reasoning with the youth, Andrew Hsu was preaching. Now Andrew is fairly new as an open air preacher. But by far one of the best that I know. He is intense, and he can handle hecklers. But best of all he keeps bringing everything back to the cross of Christ.

We had a couple more preachers before the end of the night, then we packed up and headed home. It was a great night with many many people, hearing the gospel!

[b] Sunday, 29 October, 2006 [/b]

We headed down to the sunny Gold Coast after church today. We arrived in Caval Ave, had a quick lunch then began preaching. David Gee was the first man up, and he preached from Psalm 14:1. A few people stopped to have a listen as he expanded on the foolishness of saying there is no God. After this Trevor got up and preached from the same text. By this stage the crowd was starting to grow nicely.

He preached for some time, and started to hammer home the law of God, and how we are all sinners. But there is one who paid the price for our sin.

Then it was my turn. I started off by talking about the power of the Creator. The ocean was behind me so I spoke about God commanding the water to come thus far, but no further. Then spoke about how the God that command the water, is the God that is angry at sinners.

A lot of the crowd was still there, so I went into the law again, and then I called out a young guy named John. He said he was good, but after a few minutes he was under heavy conviction. Both him and his mates knew they were going to hell, and they both said they were going home to repent. Afterwards I got to speak to them a bit more, and they knew that works couldn’t save them, but only the blood of Christ could. Pray for those two guys.

ALL GLORY AND HONOUR TO THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN!

2006/10/29 23:24Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 4 November, 2006 [/b]

Another wet night in Brisbane city, its interesting that we are in drought yet it rains on the night that we are preaching. But God be praised for the rain, we need it!

The rain kept a lot of people away from the mall, and it also reduced the number of people on the streets with us. By the time we started preaching we had about fifteen people.

Now tonight we had the permit for two preaching points within the Queen street mall, so we set up and hammered it at the top and bottom of Queen street. Cameron led the team down the bottom, and he ended up with a crowd of 70 - 80 people. Which was a good thing as the spot where he was preaching is a hard area to get a crowd.

While they were preaching down the bottom we were preaching up the top. Andrew Hsu was the first preacher. He was talking about the thieves on the cross next to Jesus, and how they deserved to be on the cross, but yet Christ had did nothing wrong. He then went on to explain the cross. It was about this time he had a heckler named Boyd stop to have a go at heckling him.

Boyd was a good heckler he said his bit then let Andrew reply. By the end Boyd was under conviction. A good size crowd gathered to listen to the preaching. After Andrew finished we all broke off and did some one to one.

I ended up witnessing to a guy who claimed to believe in the Bible yet thought Jesus Christ was only a prophet. So I reasoned with him from scripture about Jesus Christ being God in flesh. No matter what I showed him he just kept saying “I don’t believe that part of the Bible”.

For some time the one to one continued, then it came to my time to preach. Just before I got up to preach one of the team pointed out to me that there was a couple of people fornicating on the park bench in front of us. So I preached from the position of God being the creator of sex, and how God says it should be done rightly.

After awhile I had a heckler named Dan come down to have a go at proving that he was in fact a good person. Then it was like the flood gates opened up and all the hecklers came out of the wood work. One young guy wanted to know where was God while his mother died of cancer. Then two lesbian Satanists decided to step up and start heckling and singing. Finally a bald bloke who we called Curly stepped up and had a few more questions.

I finished up going through the law with Dan before addressing the other hecklers. The two Satanists wanted to argue from the satanic bible, yet they didn’t seem to have much of a working knowledge of Satanism. I tried to reason with them yet they weren’t open. With one breathe they scream “HELL IS GREAT!” then in the next they curse me to hell. I really wonder why if they think hell is such an awesome place, why then do they wish me to go there? It seems to me their heart betrays them, and they know hell is not good.

One of the lesbians then decided she wanted to see a bible, so Andrew showed her one. But then she tried to destroy it. After that she spat on me.

I finished talking to Curly after this, and just pleaded with him to repent of his sins. Please pray for all the hecklers, and those who heard the gospel!

2006/11/5 22:25Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 11 November, 2006 [/b]

I wasn’t feeling to well tonight as I made my way to the city. When we arrived just before 7:30pm we met up with a new bloke, and then some of the old hands arrived. We had a time of group prayer, and while the majority of us were praying, both Tanya and David were off witnessing to a large group of youth in the square.

We then headed up to the mall at 9pm and set up for the preaching. I knew at about this time I wasn’t going to be preaching tonight due to the way I felt. So the first preacher up was David Gee, and he started off by preaching from John chapter 3. He preached for about fifteen minutes. He did really well for a fairly new preacher, and I think in time he will become a great open air preacher.

Next preacher up was one of our heavy artillery preachers - Andrew Hsu. He opened up by telling a story. He told the story of Zacchaeus, now watching Andrew preach is awesome, he is a very gifted preacher. He tells a story and speaks in the language of the common man. He speaks simply yet powerfully, and doesn’t compromise. During his preaching he had a heckler that said he wanted to go to hell, so Andrew just told him to go on his way since his words had condemned him. It was about then another heckler walked up and spat on Andrew. But he kept on preaching.

After this we had a time of one to one witnessing. During this time of one to one I had a person who professed to be a Christian come and talk to me about saying “Jesus Loves You” now I tried to reason with him via the scripture to show that it isn’t a biblical message to say that. He got upset and left. But God’s Word stood true.

Then Cameron had a preach he did very well. He preached strong and he is becoming a lot better in his preaching. During this time there was a Christian there that had some doctrine questions. He was weak in the faith and some cults were trying to make him question fundamental doctrines. So I spent some time teaching him from the bible the basics of the faith. He had questions ranging from baptism, tongues, and predestination.

We then put Walko to preach, he preached fairly solidly. While he was preaching I had a JW come in behind and wanted to preach. Now I wasn’t interested in letting him up on the soap box. He insisted on preaching and then gave me a copy of his sermon notes. It was a sermon attacking the deity of Jesus Christ. So I opened up the Bible to show him how time and time again the scripture affirms that Jesus Christ is God in flesh. In the end he left saying I was damned for believing that Jesus was God.

We packed up not long after this. It was a great night! All praise to God!

2006/11/13 9:24Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 18 November, 2006 [/b]

Today was the day of the Way of the Master training day at the Salvation army church in Toowoomba. John Legg from WOTM Australia was going to be teaching people from many different churches how to share their faith.

We had arrived in Toowoomba the night before the training, and it was shaping up to be a good day of training. I was on the rego table, and we had about 50 people come to the day.

It was a good day and those that attended said that they were encouraged to share their faith. The day finished at 4:30pm, and I had to leave immediately to drive two hours home in order to get to Brisbane for the night time outreach.

I was a little late getting to the city, but I made it in time for the prayer meeting. We spent time as a group praying for God to move in the city of Brisbane. At 9pm we started the preaching. David Gee was the first man up he preached for a little time, and then a couple of hecklers moved in for the kill. Dave then tagged me in to deal with the hecklers.

The first heckler was Gary, now Gary had a lot of statements to make on why there can’t be a God. His basis was because bad things happen to bad people, and then he swung to the issue of religious wars. I was able to deal with him, but his partner was getting really angry at what was being said.

I preached for awhile longer and dealt with a few more hecklers. After I preached Andrew Hsu got up and had a go. He did very well, and I have to say I think this guy is by far one of the best preachers in the open air that I have seen.

[b] Sunday, 19 November, 2006 [/b]

Tonight John Legg preached at a local church, so I attend to hear the message. He preached on the topic of “Impostors in our Midst”, it was a rock solid message that laid the smack down on false converts, but then the pastor got up at the end and tried to untie everything John had said, and watered the message down. The church then showed its true colours of being a factory for producing false converts.

[b] Monday, 20 November, 2006 [/b]

Today was the day of our Schoolies outreach. We headed down the Gold Coast and we arrived there about 10:30am. We started to hand out tracts and talk to people, and we soon found that the schoolies were very open to talking. A lot of the youth really wanted to talk, and nearly all of them took tracts.

Nothing really exciting happened all day, just a lot of one to ones, and tracts being handed out. We decided not to open air do to the drunkenness and the druggies plus we didn’t want to make the job harder for the police. By the end of the day we had all run out of tracts. Please pray for all those that heard the gospel!

2006/11/20 22:43Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Evangelism Boot camp - Christchurch, New Zealand [/b]
[I] November 22 - 26, 2006 [/I]

[b] Wednesday, 22 November [/b]

Had an early start today in order to get to the airport on time to catch my flight to New Zealand, so with about 3hrs sleep I finally got on board my flight. Now I was planning a nice relaxing flight with an idea of having a nap before we arrived, but that all went out the window when the Captain of the aircraft announced we had to get off the aeroplane since it had been grounded.

So we all got off and then walked to the other side of the airport in the hopes of boarding another plane. When we arrived there wasn’t a plane available so we had to wait. But finally after being delayed for about 90 minutes the flight took off, but by now I was wide awake and couldn’t sleep. I had no one sitting next to me so I just sat back and tried to enjoy the flight.

We touched down in Christchurch at about 5pm NZ time. Glenn picked me up and we headed back to his place and then out to Heather’s for dinner. After a quick dinner we went to a boot camp leaders meeting where we discussed the upcoming camp, and had a time of prayer. By this stage I was so tired I pretty much passed out as soon as we got back to Glenn’s.

[b] Thursday, 23 November [/b]

The first official day of boot camp. We assembled at the base where we were saying at about 10am. Old friends greeted each other again, and new friends were made. The body of Christ came together as one.

We then took a walk to Living Waters New Zealand (www.livingwatersnewzealand.com) one the way we had to cross Cathedral Square and I noticed a lot of people in the square so I got up and preached. I only preached for a little while since I had a cold. A few people stood and listened, but Praise God that His truth went out.

We got some tracts, then made our way to lunch. After lunch as we crossed the Square again heading back to the base Grant decided he wanted to preach. So he jumped up and preached for a short time, and then Robbie had a preach. This was his first time. A few people stopped to listen. Then after he preached we went around handing out tracts to all those sitting around. I went and spoke to a lady named Jackie and the first thing she said to me was “Am I going to hell?”, Now I didn’t expect that question. I sat down to her and explained the gospel. Then on the streets God reached down and granted Jackie salvation. She repented on the street. Her voice was trembling as she confessed her sin to God. I then prayed for her, and was able to get her details. We plan on sending her a bible and getting her plugged into a local church.

After this we headed back to the base. Where we official introduced ourselves to the group. We then watched a training DVD. After that we headed out on the streets to do some witnessing. After a couple of hours we went back to the base for dinner, then headed out to the mall to witness.

[b] Friday, 24 November [/b]

We spent the morning doing some more training with the new guys in preparation for going out on the streets again. In the morning we did some witnessing around Cathedral square, handing out tracts etc.

Grant and I went around doing some filming, first off we got to speak to a young bloke from Wellington. He was fairly open to the gospel although his mates weren’t. After that we hit a gold mine. We got to interview to Mormon missionaries. Now what shocked me was the fact they openly admitted things that they wouldn’t normally talk about. They openly admitted that black skin is a sign of the curse, that their second prophet was wrong, that the bible contradicted the book of Mormon, that you had to work to earn salvation, and that they would trust Mormons over the Bible.

I got to explain the message of the gospel to them, and drew a lot from Ephesians 2:8-9 which seemed to shock them, as it states that works cannot save us.

After this I had a chance to do a short open air to deal with a heckler named Brownie who was raving on about something. It was a short open air message but Brownie didn’t seem to like it, but its clear he has decided to serve sin rather than God.
That night we again hit the streets for a short time doing some one to one and tract work.

[b] Saturday, 25 November [/b]

Another day of serving God in the field of evangelism, it was an awesome day. We started off by again heading into the square to witness. Right away we noticed a large crowd of people hanging around for some car race event. So Ben and I discussed who should preach, but before we could work out who should do it, Robbie jumped up and started preaching to the crowd. Not bad for his third preach.

We spent some time walking around the square talking to people, and then some of us went out to the beach to witness while the others stayed in the city. I was one of the group that headed out to the beach. First off Robbie and I entered into a legal shop that sold party drugs to give a tract to the sales person. She told us about the drugs and how they can play with peoples mind. So I am at a loss on why the Kiwi government would allow these to be sold.

We then broke off and did some one to one. I spoke to a couple the lady was convicted but her partner was none to impressed. After this I walked down to the beach and saw that Grant had written on the sand in big letters NEEDGOD.COM a lot of people were reading it, and I wonder how many would check it out.

After awhile we headed back to the city where Ben wanted some open air preaching to occur. First off was Grant he preached really well, and then it was time for Mark to have a preach. Both went good and people hung around to listen.

Then it was my turn to preach, I started off by talking about death, nearly immediately I had a heckler come in and ask questions. I dodged him for a bit, then opened it up for questions. The heckler was named Dan, and he was a bit of an intellectual that wanted to argue about Evolution. I argued it for awhile and let him yell back at me. His mission was to stop the gospel being preached, yet he didn’t realise that he was drawing a big crowd to hear the gospel. The open air probably went for about one hour, and at the end Dan was still heckling but the whole crowd heard the gospel a few times.

After the open air I got to talk to Dan, he was still very proud. But one of his friends was under conviction. Please pray for both Dan and Cara.

That night we headed out to Christmas in the park, and we all ran out of tracts. There was thousands of people running around. We couldn’t hand out tracts fast enough. During this time I got into a discussion with a relativist who kept destroying his own arguments yet didn’t see it. In the end I gave him the gospel then left. Since he wasn’t open to hearing anymore just wanted to argue relative truth.

[b] Sunday, 26 November [/b]

Final morning of boot camp, it was a fellowship breakfast and then said our good byes. A few of us then went across to Grace Vineyard church to hear the son of Leonard Ravenhill preach. David Ravenhill preached an alright message, and I got to have a talk to him afterward.

Over all it was a great boot camp, and for those that have never been I would encourage you to do so. Check out www.thegreatnews.com for more details about boot camps!

2006/11/27 3:11Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 2 December, 2006 [/b]

What a wild night! By far it was the most intense night I have ever experienced on the streets. It all started in King George Square when we met Henry the druggie. Now Henry was on edge and wanted to argue with Andrew Hsu and I. He was looking for a fight. At a few different times I thought he was going to swing a few punches. We quickly got the females out of the area then tried to calm him down. After awhile he calmed down, so we left.

But the night was just beginning. We went up to our normal spot to preach and David Gee was first man up. Within seconds he had a heckler, this heckler was high on drugs. But a large crowd gathered. But with the large crowd came four police officers who shut us down. The sergeant was very upset about the preaching, so they sent us down the bottom of the mall to preach. Right into the heart land of the Satanist group. So Kevin started preaching down there, and a very large crowd of Satanists gathered. They were screaming out ‘hail satan’ and pushing Kevin off the soap box. So I jumped up and preached. One young female decided to flash me as I preached which stirred the crowd up even more. Then as I was preaching I noticed the same four police officers back in the area, but this time with two council local law officers.

They shut us down again, this time they sent us back up the top of the mall where we started at. When we got back up the top Andrew Hsu preached. Again a large crowd gathered. It was interesting that with the increased attacks, God still brought big crowds.

Andrew had a heckler who claimed to be a Christian Sunday school teacher. Now this woman was not saved by the fruit that she was bringing forth. I just wanted to weep when I thought about the damage that she would be doing to the kids she teaches in class. Please keep the children in prayer.

[b] Sunday, 3 December, 2006 [/b]

After a rough night last night, I was feeling a bit discouraged today, and I didn’t really feel like preaching. But it was the first day of the new Gold Coast team starting. So I headed down the coast, and it was a nice hot sunny day. Great preaching weather.

David Gee was the first man to preach and he did well. A good size crowd stopped to have a listen to what he was saying. He preached for about 15 minutes. After this we just did some one to one witnessing and handing out tracts.

Next I got up to preach and spoke on Hebrews 9:27. A crowd gathered, it was the biggest I have ever seen on the Gold Coast. Some people said the crowd was over 150 people standing to listen. One heckler was a great guy from Scotland. But he kept getting shouted over by a foul mouth Aussie. While I was preaching the Council came and said I couldn’t be preaching, I informed them that the police gave us permission a few weeks back. The council worker said “We’ll see about that” then rushed off to get the police.

A few minutes later a heckler started hitting me with a blow up baseball bat. As he was hitting me the police arrived. They took the bat off him, and then stood in the crowd and listened to the preaching. I was expecting them to shut me down, but they just stood and listened and watched the crowd.

Shortly after I finished the open air and the team handed out tracts. The majority wanted tracts so they could learn more. Pray that people will repent!

To God be the Glory!

2006/12/4 2:07Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 9 December, 2006 [/b]

It was a strange night, we knew that the police and council had completely banned us from preaching in the Queen street mall, but they hadn’t banned us from talking to people one to one. So that is exactly what we did. It was a good night of practicing our personal witnessing skills. Far to often we can become rusty just by focusing all our energies on preaching instead of making the bullet hit the mark in a personal conversation.

Not long after we started witnessing our regular heckler John Coffee arrived. Now John is a bit of a pervert. So we made sure to protect the females that were in the group with us. John didn’t like us doing that, so he started to tell us about how Jesus Christ was sitting on his right shoulder. So we tried to reason with him but he wasn’t interested in listening.

After dealing with John for awhile I went out and was able to talk to two young ladies who are former Jehovah’s Witnesses. I spent time explaining to them the reason Christ had to come, and how we cannot earn our salvation through working. They were really open about the gospel and thanked us for taking the time to share with them.

During this time the rest of the team was talking to people. It was a really good night of personal witnessing, although I missed not being able to preach. Towards the end of the night a man from New Zealand named John approached me, and started to say how he was a Christian, so I asked him to tell me how he was converted. That is where the problem started to occur. Since he didn’t know how he was saved, or who saved him. Which made me believe that I was dealing with a false convert. Within minutes this was confirmed by the fruit he was bringing forth. So I tried to reason with him yet he would still insist he was saved. So Andrew Hsu had a go talking to him. Andrew nailed John, and John was not impressed. Now it was time for me to enter into the game again. I took John aside and said “If you are a Christian, you would accept the bible.” He said he would, so I sat down with him, and then started to show him verses in the bible. This seemed to make it all fall into place for him.

While I was speaking to him a woman sat down next to us, and started to flirt with me. So I called in a couple of the females to speak to them. I later found out the woman was under heavy conviction after realising her sin before God.

Overall it was a great night with many hearing the gospel.

[b] Sunday, 10 December, 2006 [/b]

Today was the second official week of the Gold Coast team operating. We arrived down the coast at 1pm to find all the streets blocked off for some big bike race. So we made our way to the normal preaching point, and when we arrived we found media vans, and loud speakers screaming the race commentary. This was kind of annoying because it appeared that we could not preach. But then we heard the announcement about the race finishing in one hour. After hearing that I scampered off to buy some lunch and to prepare for the open air session. At this stage I thought I was the only preacher for the day. But a surprise preacher arrived - David Gee.

Dave was the first preacher up after the race had finished. Then he was told to stop by the media people as they wanted to film a TV spot. So Dave let them film there thing then got up and preached again. He spent some time dealing with the holiness of God, and then got a couple of hecklers. He dealt with them very well. During this time a decent sized crowd stopped to listen.

When he was finished preaching I was able to have a good discussion with a bloke named Paul from Yorkshire in the United Kingdom. He was out here on holidays so I was able to explain the gospel to him. He had never heard it before and it all made sense to him. But then he said the saddest thing, he said “Where were you about five years ago when I was open to all this. I went looking for someone to tell me about Jesus yet no one did. So I have hardened myself against all this stuff.”

After this I preached, Paul stayed and listened to the whole thing. While I was preaching a bloke who believed himself to be Jesus Christ heckled me, he was asking questions about sex. So I spent some time expounding on what the Bible says about sex. A good size crowd stopped to have a listen, and then I was able to swing back into the cross and repentance. Like last week nearly all those who stood and listened asked for tracts. So there appears to be a spiritual hunger on the Gold Coast. Please pray that God will send an awakening onto this sin city.

2006/12/11 22:31Profile
Willo

Re:

[b] Saturday, 16 November, 2006 [/b]

Everyone was a little nervous tonight, since we all knew that we were operating without a permit, and ran the risk of being fined or arrested. But we also knew that we had to continue reaching out to Brisbane city. So it is with all that in mind we went out on the streets.

The team met as normal at 7:30pm in King George Square, I wasn’t really expecting many people to show up since we had briefed them on the situation. But to my surprise about 20 members of the team showed up ready to go. We even had a couple of new guys.

We spent a bit of time in prayer, and then we had a group Bible reading. After this we spent probably about thirty minutes just chatting and having fellowship before heading up to the mall to witness.

Josh Mitchell was the first man to preach for the night. While he was preaching a Jehovah Witness came in behind him and just kept muttering to himself. Since I was in ear shot I could hear him saying “What rubbish!” So I turned to engaged him. I have already spoke to this JW but he keeps coming back to argue and debate. But he also wants us to give him permission to preach. (Which we won’t give!) He started in attacking that Jesus Christ came as God in flesh, so I tried to reason with him from scripture but he is one sold out cult member. No matter what you said he seemed to have some form of flimsy answer or he just ignored it. But ever so slowly you could see that his foundation was starting to crumble. So I pushed on in showing him that Jesus Christ is in fact God. Now I didn’t go into the law or even the gospel with him. Since he has a misconception of who Jesus Christ is, and any gospel message I give him, he would filter through his false Jesus image. Thus making him worse off than before. So I believe when dealing with cult members who pervert who Christ is, that battle is one or lost over the true understanding of Christ.

After awhile he got angry and left saying that we had satanic teaching. But it appeared as if he was really question his opinions on Christ.

While I was reasoning with the JW, Andrew Hsu and Caleb were preaching. From what I heard they had a Muslim heckler which was handled very well, and the gospel got preached.

Then it was my turn to preach, so I got up and told a bit of a Christmas story. Which was all about why Christ had to come in the first place (Matthew 1:21). While I was preaching I had a couple of drunk hecklers, and then a Muslim heckler from Iran. I tried my best to reason with drunks but it is really hard. Especially when one blasphemes Muhammad and then the Muslim say they will shoot the one who spoke against their prophet. After they left it was time for Atheist Bob to step forward. He wanted to argue evolution. So I spent some time on that topic. He kept saying that scientist had proof for evolution, but he soon stopped beating that drum when I read out quotes by scientists who say that evolution is a fairy tale. For some time I got to reason with Bob and a small crowd gathered to listen. It was from this crowd that we got to have a lot of personal witnessing encounters with after the preaching.

While I was preaching I noticed both the Queensland Police, and Brisbane City Council walk past, yet they didn’t even come near us. It was as if they were blind to us. Which was an answer to prayer since we prayed at the start of the night that God would make their seeing eyes blind.

Around midnight we started to wrap up. But then a few guys come across who had heard the preaching before. One was a false convert, another was a pagan, and the third one was a catholic. Cameron worked on the false convert as I spoke to the pagan, he was closed but during the conversation a Satanist entered in, and then the pagan and the Satanist started to argue over whether sin was real or not.
So as they argued I spoke to the catholic who was really open to the gospel. But he believed that he had done to much wrong, so God would never forgive him. I showed him from the scripture that this wasn’t the case. But still he seemed to be holding on to something deep. You could see the conviction that was in his eyes, and the ground was being made as I showed him the life of Paul and what he did to Christians. Then when it appeared as he was about to break down, his pagan friend entered in, picked him up and walked away with him. As he was carried away I called out to him, and urged him to read the in depth tract I had given him.

But tonight we saw something that to be honest angers me. Tonight I saw a pagan who was anti God because of those fat cat prosperity preachers who seek to milk out every cent from any person within range. They are doing more damage to the body of Christ than any other false religion and no doubt these prosperity ‘preachers’ (they do not deserve the title of a preacher) will have a lot to give an account for on the day of judgment. As I thought about these things and became even more angry at the state of those who profess to be Christian a verse came to mind 2 Peter 2:3 - [I]“And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.”[/I] With that verse ringing in my ears I then felt sorrow for those who are deceived by these false prophets of prosperity, who sit in church week in and week out thinking that everything is sweet. But failing to realise that they are being deceived. There needs to be a return to the Bible within the churches. Give the people the Bible and let them read it. Then soon enough their eyes will open up and see that there are thieves among the sheep.

2006/12/18 8:00Profile

Re: Journal of a Journey

Hi Willo
I would like to get a hold of some good current tracts- can you hep me?
thanx and God Bless
JJ

Willo wrote:
[u]Journal of a Journey[/u]

2006/12/18 12:16

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy