SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What about the New American Standard Bible (NASB)?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
tom74

Re:

in a previous message i mentioned about the Heresies contained within Churches and their use or misuse of Bible translations to suit their own ends. while i dislike these new "bibles" they are only books, the heresies are within the churches. Anything which dilutes God's word or removes the Diety of our Saviour Jesus Christ which many of these new version's do should be shunned.

2005/9/15 19:00Profile
Gery

Re: Bible Version

Dear Tom74

What is worse? The "wrong" Bible or the wrong gospel?

In His love,
Gery

2005/9/15 19:11Profile
tom74

Re:

There is only one gospel the gospel of Jesus Christ there are however wrong "bibles".
God Bless.

2005/9/15 19:18Profile
Gery

Re: Gospels?

Dear Tom

Why then does Paul say there are other gospels?

In His love,
Gery

2005/9/15 20:13Profile
gllorente

Rowland Heights, CA

Re: What about the New American Standard Bible (NASB)?

Krispy,

I think it is important to be one diligent in studying the Scriptures to "rightly divide it." I do however understand that finding out the "errors" or "erroneously-influenced" translations of the manuscripts (be it the Textus Receptus, Vaticanus, or Sainiaticus, etc) can thought of something "worth arguing about."

Nevertheless, the Holy Canon of Scriptures--the Christian Bible (without the apocrypha and the pseudophigripha's)--is with out a doubt God-Breathed. Most of us know this--from whatever translation or original manuscript you may have read it from--that "All Scripture is inspired by God..." the word "inspired" is unfortunately English's weak and pathetic rendering of the rich Greek word, "theopneustos." These Holy Words were GOD-breathed, by which men of God who were moved by the HOLY SPIRIT, wrote these things. Hence, the Bible is a Spiritual Book and clearly the Author of it is the HOLY SPIRIT.

So, the reason why I brought the later up is due to this: if we are to approach the Bible as a technical-logical-accurate-driven-scientific and man-founded-intelligence-based-book, then we might was well grab some text-book somewhere or some science or literature book and call it Holy. What I'm saying is this Holy Book is a Spiritual Book. If you are not born of the Spirit of God, it doesn't matter if you've studied this book for over 50 years and have 10 doctorates on it--it still is a GOD-BREATHED BOOK.

The issue is not about which translation is so accurate and which one is not; rather, it is about the PERSON of which this Holy Book was WRITTEN BY. If you know the Author, I believe wholeheartedly that He will guide you into the Truth.

In concluding this (because I know of those of you who are just tickled to argue and waste time on such earthly-logical-debates), I love the LORD and HE is my Teacher. Even if I may be stuck on an isolated wilderness and only have but the Amplified Bible (which I am NOT big on), I believe GOD is unmoved, unchanged, and unaffected by man's short-comings. God is God--He IS and Will Always Be God!

"When all has been said and done, and said to have it done, but not finished...IT IS TRULY AND ONLY ALL ABOUT GOD HIMSELF, HIS PERSON AND TO HIS GLORY!"

Glenn Llorente

2005/9/15 21:07Profile
tom74

Re:

dear gery
in galatians chapter 1 verse 6 you se the apostle paul warning the church of another "gospel" in verse 7 he tells them it is not another gospel but a perversion, and he tells them that anyone bringing or telling them this other "gospel" let them be accursed.
There are unfortunately today many trying to deceive believers with other gospels, namely mormons, russelites etc.
Let truth remain truth.
your brother in Christ
Tom

2005/9/16 4:29Profile

Re:

gllorente,

You sound like you know what you're talking about, so I will assume that you understand the vast differences between the Received Text and the Alexandrian Text (chiefly comprised of the Vaticanus and Sainiaticus). You also understand that down thru church history, the Alexandrian stream of texts was rejected by the true Bible believing church.

Since there is such a big difference between the two streams of text, how than can you say [i]"The issue is not about which translation is so accurate and which one is not"[/i]?

It certainly IS the issue. Man took what God inspired and changed it. Thats my belief on this matter. It didnt happen in 1881... it didnt happen when the NIV was published... it happened right after the originals were written. Paul even talked about those who would pervert the Word of God, and how they do so to their own distruction.

You suggest that I [i]"approach the Bible as a technical-logical-accurate-driven-scientific and man-founded-intelligence-based-book"[/i]. Nothing could be further from the truth. I believe that the Bible is God-breathed, and that the writers wrote down exactly what God wanted to have written down. I also believe that God has miraculously preserved His Word, and I believe it was handed down thru the Received Text. I do not believe that God left His Holy Word in the hands of the blasphemous, murdering Roman Catholic Church (which is where the Alexandrian stream of texts came out of).

We all agree that Satan uses counterfeits. Why then is it so hard to believe that Satan would not also have a counterfeit bible? Do we think the Jehovah's Witnesses bible is the only counterfeit? (By the way, the JW's bible is the pure unadulterated reproduction of Wescott & Hort's Greek New Testament... Wescott & Hort are the fathers of all modern versions. Thats a fact.)

I think I'll stick with the tried and true.

Krispy

2005/9/16 7:56
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

textus receptus etc

Dear brethren
untill about 3-4 months ago when this issue of which is best bible version was discussed, i had no idea that there were multiple texts from which the different translations arose. till that point i'd used a good news bible and also an NIV which was a gift from a friend. Those work fine for me. i'm not a fan of the kjv because when i read it i have to retranslate the old english in my head but i'm learning how to read it. there are many millions of people who will die without ever knowing of these multiple texts (let alone the different origins etc of them) and yet will be saved anyway and will have died in God's service, perhaps even serving Him better than we will even with the knowledge of these texts.

i'm a Shona man of the Shona tribe in Zimbabwe and there are many english words which have no equivelent and are loosely translated so some things are lost in translation. i'm not even sure which text the Shona bible was translated from but i can't deny that the Lord has indeed saved many of my tribesmen and many do serve Him. How could this be without an exact translation or one from the R.T? The work of the Holy Spirit. i feel that things can be lost in translation but God'd Spirit which breathed the scriptures DOES NOT CHANGE so if one is in submission to the Holy Spirit, the text may vary but the message that the Spirit is communicating does not. If we have the perfect text what then? what good does it do if we are not in submission to the Holy Spirit? How will it help if we don't allow the Holy Spirit to minister to us? Was it not by the Holy Spirit that the scriptures were written? Are the words in scripture not Spirit which require Spirit to minister to us?

my experience with God is that He has ministered to me whether i'm using the NIV, Good News, or KJV (although i have a hard time reading it) i'm beginning to believe more and more that the preservation of the word of God is not so much in the text but in that the message the Spirit of God is trying to get across has not changed, nor has the very Spirit that birthed that message changed.

2005/9/16 11:27Profile

Re: textus receptus etc

Quote:
there are many millions of people who will die without ever knowing of these multiple texts (let alone the different origins etc of them) and yet will be saved anyway and will have died in God's service, perhaps even serving Him better than we will even with the knowledge of these texts.

This is true, and you wont find me arguing against this point.

However there is a flip side to that. For those who have eyes, it doesnt take much effort to see the rank apostacy and worldliness that has invaded the church today. I personally believe that the many watered down modern versions are partly to blame for this. As I said before, it would seem that since the Bible is supposedly more readable and understandable in the modern versions, the opposite would be true. But it isnt. The church is in a steady decline. It has been for a long time, and it will only get worse.

Krispy

2005/9/16 11:51
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
However there is a flip side to that. For those who have eyes, it doesnt take much effort to see the rank apostacy and worldliness that has invaded the church today. I personally believe that the many watered down modern versions are partly to blame for this. As I said before, it would seem that since the Bible is supposedly more readable and understandable in the modern versions, the opposite would be true. But it isnt. The church is in a steady decline. It has been for a long time, and it will only get worse.

bro Krispy

perhaps even for the unbeliever this apostasy is obvious?i feel that the apostasy has more to do with lack of submission to the Spirit of God. i belive that without submission to the Spirit of God one is dead in the water perfect text or not.

to what else do you attribute this apostasy if the watered down texts are only partly to blame? if the state of the church is only going to get worse, how is finding the perfect text going to alleviate the situation?

please be patient, i'm trying to understand this?

2005/9/16 12:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy