Discussion Forum : General Topics : Earthquake in California

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Earthquake in California

I have struggled in even posting this. I am right now in California in the San Diego area studying at bible school. I have this weird feeling and idea that a big earthquake is going to happen here. I am not propheising or trying to fore-tell it but I have told a few people and really we need all be ready at any time if our life is shaken for we need to be standing on the firm rock and foundation of Christ!!

2005/9/7 12:37Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Earthquake in California

I have spoken to a number of people here in California. I have asked them to reflect on the events of Katrina. And then asked this question. What if you loose everything like to those in New Orleans due to an earthquake?

Is the substance of what you hope for, in Christ? Or are you still mired in the substances that the world hopes for?

The events of Katrina have temporarily stripped the survivors of their earthly hope. Will it be a replay of the 911 events? Soon there after the people stopped searching for God. These times bring to mind the Scriptures of Amos and Isaiah.

Isaiah 1
4 Alas, sinful nation,
A people laden with iniquity,
A brood of evildoers,
Children who are corrupters!
They have forsaken the LORD,
They have provoked to anger
The Holy One of Israel,
They have turned away backward.
5 Why should you be stricken again?
You will revolt more and more.
The whole head is sick,
And the whole heart faints.
6 From the sole of the foot even to the head,
There is no soundness in it,
But wounds and bruises and putrefying sores;
They have not been closed or bound up,
Or soothed with ointment.
7 Your country is desolate,
Your cities are burned with fire;
Strangers devour your land in your presence;
And it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.
8 So the daughter of Zion is left as a booth in a vineyard,
As a hut in a garden of cucumbers,
As a besieged city.
9 Unless the LORD of hosts
Had left to us a very small remnant,
We would have become like Sodom,
We would have been made like Gomorrah.
10 Hear the word of the LORD,
You rulers of Sodom;
Give ear to the law of our God,
You people of Gomorrah:

In Christ
Jeff

2005/9/7 13:05Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Hmmm I know after the hurricane thing San Francisco has been on my mind. I'm not speaking this in the name of the Lord but none the less San Francisco has been on my mind.

2005/9/7 13:33Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Hi Greg
This verse came to mind when I read your post.“As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.”
(Prov. 25:25, KJVS)The opposite is also true. When a tragedy strikes there is an immediate application to our own condition; what if that happened here, or something similar.

There used to be a gospel tract called 4 minutes. It was against the background of a nuclear alert and the question was 'what would you do if you knew you only had 4 minutes...?' One said he would play Mozart, another would read a poem, another would phone his mother to seek reconciliation... and so on. The punch line was a lady who when asked this question said; "I would do just what I was going to do anyway; 4 minutes is plenty of time if you're ready".

I'm not saying there will not be a major earthquake across the San Antonio fault; there will, statistically. But why would God tell you this? On the other hand we do have an enemy who loves to unsettle the saints with 'rumours' from one place or another. This is enough time and enough grace for all that God wants you to do today; 4 minutes is plenty of time if you're ready. :-D

2005/9/7 14:37Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I'm deffinately not trying to defend a prophecy that the person that posted it said is wasn't a prophecy but..

Quote:
But why would God tell you this?

Made me wonder... Why would God tell anyone anything?

Should this be another thread?

Edit:
Here is the new [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7163&forum=36]thread.[/url]

2005/9/7 14:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Made me wonder... Why would God tell anyone anything?

Quote:
Should this be another thread?

There are hints of this dropped here and there :-(

And would think that He tells us plenty, but perhaps our ears aren't listening to what He is really saying... maybe you are right, another thread...

Liked that 4 minute observation

2005/9/7 15:14Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Brother Greg,
Lately I too have had a kind of stirring in my Spirit to be ready for something big. Whether it be an earthquake or not I do not know, but GOD is doing a work.
About 3 months ago, I listened to a message by Bro. Wilkerson called "The towers have fallen and noone is listening" Afterwards I was completely overwhelmed with a buredn of sorrow and joy and began weeping. This went on for an hour. Please note I am not usually emotional like this, so it was very different. Yet during this time I cried out to the Lord "In your judgement remember mercy" The Lord directed me to a chapter in Isaiah which spoke of the land being shaken, then to a chapter in Jeremiah that was almost verbatim. As I read these, I heard a small voice saying that California would be judged by earthquakes, and I began to weepagain.
Now I am not a prophet nor do I claim to be one, yet I do know that GOD will reveal things to people that they may pray or warn others.
Our lives are a vapour, and thus may we be all the more zealous to know CHRIST, not so much doctrine, or denominations, but HIM. Then when weknow that we know CHRIST it becomes very easy to take HIM to the world!
HALLELUJAH to the king!
patrick

2005/9/7 15:34Profile
dougkristen

Re:

They key is the Fear of the Lord and being ready... I like that thought. Thanks!

In Christ,
Doug

2005/9/7 15:35Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

sermonindex, same here! There is a sence.
California is my home, I have family there, however I have lived in Iowa now for many years.
Eileen

2005/9/7 15:45Profile

Re:

Iowa seems like a safe place... lol.

Krispy

2005/9/7 15:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy