SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does anyone else feel the urgency?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Does anyone else feel the urgency?

I have really felt it on my heart for a few weeks now that there really is this urgency to be serious now for God. But others dont seem share this feeling, i seem to be on my own on this one.
Then hurricane katrina struck and something happened within me. We sang a song last night with the words...
"and i sense the wonder of it all, i feel the urgency....this is the time, this is the day, now's not the time to hold back or delay.."
As i sang those words they really made sense to me and i wondered if anyone else who sang it realised what words they were singing.
Im not judging or even condemning. What im trying to say is that God has really been talking to me about a transformation of the heart, to examine ourselves and ask if Jesus our Lord was to come back this very day would we be ready? Im only writting this as everyone i talk to really arent interested in this and seem to be so caught up with the affairs of this world to material things like choosing between two different shades of blue paint and arguing over it when people have lost lives, homes, everything!!
Does anyone else feel this way of late???

2005/9/5 3:31

Re: Does anyone else feel the urgency?

I've felt it for some time now... I honestly believe that many who belong to this forum will not taste death.

Krispy

2005/9/5 6:29
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

I've felt pretty burdened myself lately as well. Yesterday morning at church I said a few words regarding Katrina, and how I believe God was trying to shake us, and wake us up. I have seldom felt so burdened and desperate in my preaching to get people to open their eyes and see the signs all around them.

2005/9/5 6:34Profile
ellie

UK

geraldine,

I agree with all you have written and thank almighty God for you a willing servant and all his willing servants, many of whom come to this site.

I have had that feeling that you speak of, ‘The urgency’, through out my walk with God.

In 1993, God filled me with his Holy Spirit. Miraculously in my own home, during serious circumstances in my life.
I was not at any Church at that time.
I have since that time, always taken him seriously.

A year later or so seeing around me, when the Holy Spirit came in abundance, what Christians did with it.
A lot spent hours partying because the Holy Spirit had come, including alcohol. Which can make people lose that, well you know.
I went to one, I looked in disbelief, gave my excuses and left.
I went home and prayed on my knees to God, Crying in tears, look what they are doing, why do they do this, God that you would have mercy upon us and our church.

Some of us did show an amount, of disagreement with these things. We were not listened to, we continued to Pray on behalf of the Church.

About a month later.
God at that time gave to me, in an awesome way.
A picture in my mind, of the name of a book in the Bible.
The picture was of an open book.
There was a blank page on the left side and half way down on the right hand page was written the Word Haggai
I thought what does that word mean, I have never heard of this book. So I got my bible and looked and there it was a small book, that I had not noticed before.

I have to say, I was in awe of God.
I opened my bible and there it was, exactly halfway down the right hand page, written in exactly the same type print, that I had seen in the picture in my mind.

Haggai

In the book of Haggai, he showed me, chp1. V2-10 and of course the rest of this book speaks of many things.

I went to church, I tried to get someone in authority to listen, it fell on deaf ears.
I was treat as a lesser person, because I was persistently ill.
There on the outward man, I looked weak.
Not inside though, I was very reliant on God. Jesus was and is my friend, help, carer, peace giver, healer, I could go on. God being my Father. They were and Are my all. I did however seek much prayer, as God led me to.
He has brought me through so much. Through which I have learnt much. Amen.
All the Glory goes to God and his Son Jesus, whom he did sacrifice, for me.
Wondrous things they do for me.
I shall just say that we were left eventually, with a remnant of the people.
People moved on to different Churches etc.

The Church I NOW go to, which is close to where I now live, is Listening to God and is growing in him. Solid leadership Amen.

The feeling of urgency can feel like a lonely walk, no other human in the vicinity to share this with.

God wants you to Intercess on behalf of his people in you’re Church and all other matters that he will bring to you.
God wants you to look to him, for you to pray to him for yourself also.

Do not feel bereft of human company, for you have the Company of God Almighty.
Kneel before the Throne of the Almighty God, who is your Father and talk to him. You are his, he is yours, and he will teach you many things through the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

Yes, Urgency for this world to know,
'JESUS'
so they too can come before,
'THE THRONE OF GOD'

Glory to Our Lord and God Most High.
ellie

I have Posted a thread Named: HAGGAI
In the Lounge.

2005/9/5 10:31Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Quote:

geraldine wrote:
God has really been talking to me about a transformation of the heart, to examine ourselves and ask if Jesus our Lord was to come back this very day would we be ready?

Well, I have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior and I have been Baptized, my guess according to Bible standards I am ready! I don't think I need to pack a suitcase do I?

:-?

2005/9/5 11:20Profile
LetUsPray

Hi Geraldine,

Quote:
I agree with all you have written and thank almighty God for you a willing servant and all his willing servants, many of whom come to this site.

Quote:
God wants you to Intercess on behalf of his people in you’re Church and all other matters that he will bring to you.

These two quotes were written by ellie. Thank you sister.

They could have written by me. The sense of urgency is sometimes so great that it rises to my throat and all I can do is ask God to have mercy on all of us Christians who have not prayed for the Church and those who are lost, as others have prayed for us. I will address this further in my next post under Then, 40 Years Later came Katrina.

God bless you and keep on praying!

Hans Prang

2005/9/5 11:51Profile
ellie

UK

Re:by MrBillPro on 2005/9/5 16:20:37

Hi, I read geraldine's post as being, not what are we doing for ourselves. But that God wants to prepare ourselves with Him. In order to have his people strong in Him. To walk in places with Him.
That without Him, we would not survive. This one day, will be in our own towns.

This also being, to be able through him, to pray for more vessels, to filled in strength by Him. To go forth with Him.

God save our souls and enable us through your Son Jesus, to save the souls of others. Amen.

ellie

2005/9/5 12:45Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

I feel very strongly a need for God to baptize His church. It wells up in me, sometimes more than other times. Some people at church don't really seem to catch what I am talking about, or they aren't interested. It is bothering me less and less when this happens, though, but it still is saddening.

There are, however, a few who understand and agree with me. And what a breath of fresh air when one of the TEENAGERS at my church said he would do anything for revival to come:

Psalm 8:2 "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger."

2005/9/5 12:56Profile

Re:

Wow, i really do thank God for my brothers and sisters. Ellie you wrote: In 1993, God filled me with his Holy Spirit. Miraculously in my own home, during serious circumstances in my life.
I was not at any Church at that time.
I have since that time, always taken him seriously.

This is a fantastic testimony to how The Holy Spirit has worked in so many lives of people who are alone (spiritualy speaking that is). This is exactly how i feel i have grown in The Lord, by being alone a lot yet seeking God. I have longed for brothers and sisters to fellowship with where i can be myself and taken seriously.
MrBillPro you wrote; I don't think I need to pack a suitcase do I? I dont understand what you mean by this? I dont do too well with sarcasm it's somthing The Lord is dealing with in me as i've always been told im too sensitive (which i agree with) or too gullible (maybe) and weak. But praise God im made strong through Him!
God Bless you all, i'll lift all of you here up in prayer.

2005/9/5 13:21
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

geraldine wrote:

MrBillPro you wrote; I don't think I need to pack a suitcase do I? I dont understand what you mean by this? I dont do too well with sarcasm it's somthing The Lord is dealing with in me as i've always been told im too sensitive (which i agree with) or too gullible (maybe) and weak. But praise God im made strong through Him!
God Bless you all, i'll lift all of you here up in prayer.

I don't think I meant it as sarcasm more in the line of something I don't think I would really need just a statement. I have not found many things I cannot deal with because I have God on my side, so I either laugh about it or cry about and if you think both are dealing with it just in different ways.

2005/9/5 13:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy