SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Chief Rabbi sees imminent return of Messiah

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Chief Rabbi sees imminent return of Messiah

Berel Lazar, a chief rabbi in Russia, believes the coming of the Messiah is at hand. He says the Messiah may "well have been born already" and that he will come to "change the world for the better" (WorldNetDaily, August 15). He believes the world is in a state of labor that precedes the coming of the Messiah, that we are "living on the verge of history."

The rabbi knows neither the identity of the true Messiah nor the objective of His return. The Messiah is the Lord Jesus Christ, and His return is not to change the world for the better but to judge the world for sin and to establish His righteous and eternal kingdom. The "messiah" that Lazar describes is more like the antichrist, who will come into power with a beguiling world peace plan.

[i](2 Thess. 1:7-10) "And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day".[/i]

Krispy

2005/8/26 11:08
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re: Chief Rabbi sees imminent return of Messiah

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

There is a teaching that the 144,000 virgin Jews of the book of Revelation will come to know Jesus during the 7 year tribulation period. This teaching says that after the anti-christ has been revealed there will be a day when these Jews turn to Jesus. I believe the above text will be fulfilled in the future.

Also, with the above text, it seems to me that every sinner has crucified Christ and every person that has been born again has experience the above text.

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/8/26 11:29Profile

Thanks for that info, Krispy.
It really shows that the end of the ages (Matthew 24:3) is drawing closer. It is really amazing how things are pulling together for the appearing of the antichrist and the great tribulation.

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Berel Lazar, a chief rabbi in Russia, believes the coming of the Messiah is at hand. He says the Messiah may "well have been born already" and that he will come to "change the world for the better" (WorldNetDaily, August 15). He believes the world is in a state of labor that precedes the coming of the Messiah, that we are "living on the verge of history."

Let us be watching for the eminent return of our Lord! I Thess. 4:16-18.
Maranatha!

Looking up,
Roniya :-)

2005/8/26 11:37

Re:

Krispy,

One of my great concerns about fundamentalist interpretation of the Bible is that at some time an "anti-Christ" will be able to completely undermine and discredit it, thus unmooring millions of Christians from the root of their faith. Instead of relying on the promise of Jesus that the Holy Spirit will be available in the present to proclaim the Glory of God and give us direction, fundamentalism relies entirely on the foundational belief that the Bible is completely inerrant. We need both! but we also need to be reasonable about how history has been handed down to us and the problems of human error and sin. The Bible has much wisdom and truth for us, but to take it as the truth of everything and discrediting of things such as evolution, we put too much at stake in it. Don't get me wrong. The Bible is very important to my faith. But is also needs to be tempered with reason, scientific discovery and interpretation under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. In short, don't let the discrediting of fanatical Biblical reasoning undermine your faith.

Bubbaguy

2005/8/26 13:29

Re:

Sounds like you and Blake have been drinking from the same well, Bubba...

But I've known for some time that this was your opinion. We disagree, you and I. BUT I have seen much growth in you over the past few months.

Thanx for contributing, Bub...

Krispy

2005/8/26 14:11
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Hmmmmm, I must be fanatical, too!

ginnyrose

2005/8/26 15:24Profile

Quote:
He says the Messiah may "well have been born already" and that he will come to "change the world for the better"

Hey, this is "freaky stuff" this Rabi is saying here.
No Dear Rabi, that is how antiChrist comes to deceive you all until you all 'Look upon the one who was Pierced'.
Poor guys. Jacob's troubles are gonna be hard enough. Only 1/3 are saved in the end anyways.

"Born" already ????

These people believe "Messiah is possibly a baby or man - walking the earth already".
Yeeesh !!!

Did anybody see NBCs mini-series "Revelations", this year ??

Talk about "messing with the Scriptures" - Hoy Vey.

They had "Jesus come again as a baby again too"....

My goodness.

How many are deceived right now, about 'how' Christ will return ???

Bad enough, that maybe 85% of 'born-agains' have got the 'when' wrong .... but the non-born-agains, have Him returning as a babe again.

Ho-hum ,,,, that's what happens when folks lessen the belief in the inerrancy or the absolute need to STUDY.

Maranatha anywho.

2005/8/27 1:29
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

1) Watch and pray

2) Evolution is a lie

"And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living."

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not."

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

"The first man Adam was made a living soul"

EDIT: I've been told I am often too harsh, but I love you guys, and want you to realize you will be judged by the words in Scripture. It is the Word of God from Gen to Rev. Sorry if this seems harsh, but when people scoff at His truth, it offends me. I love Him and want to be obediant to the words of His book more than I desire the praises of men.

2005/8/27 4:13Profile

Re:

Quote:
EDIT: I've been told I am often too harsh, but I love you guys, and want you to realize you will be judged by the words in Scripture. It is the Word of God from Gen to Rev. Sorry if this seems harsh, but when people scoff at His truth, it offends me. I love Him and want to be obediant to the words of His book more than I desire the praises of men.

I second that emotion... Amen.

Quote:
Did anybody see NBCs mini-series "Revelations", this year ?? Talk about "messing with the Scriptures" - Hoy Vey.

I'm sure you didnt watch that thinking that Hollywood would actually get anything correct scripturally, did you? (I'm sure you didnt)

Thats like a few years ago when all the Christians went ga-ga for Touched By An Angel... not realizing that it was NOT a Bible based show. It was more New Age than anything else. But hey, it had angels in it... it's a Christian show!

Quote:
These people believe "Messiah is possibly a baby or man - walking the earth already".

I firmly believe that the [b]anti-Christ[/b] could be "possibly a baby or man - walking the earth already".

The Jesus in the [b]Word of God[/b] is coming back as a conquering King, and will rule and reign over all the earth. He already came as a baby once.

Krispy

2005/8/27 6:06
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Isn't it odd that when Jesus came as a baby the Jewish people expected a man {Messiah} that would help them conquer the Romans. Now he is about to come as a conqueror {Messiah} many expect him to come as a baby instead.

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/8/27 13:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy