SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Purity (Again and Again and Again)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Purity (Again and Again and Again)

I want to be pure I want to get out all lust out of my head!! I need forgiveness but repentance where I turn completly from it!!
How many other people find it hard to stay pure in an impure world?
I need my mind clensed Dom

2005/8/23 22:40Profile
dougkristen

Re: Purity (Again and Again and Again)

Brother,

I would strongly encourage you to pursue the 60-day Way of Purity Bible Study on www.settingcaptivesfree.com ministry website.

This ministry has helped many men find freedom from lust and sexual sin.

If you would like to email me privately, send an email to [email protected]

In Christ,
Doug Renz

2005/8/23 22:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

This is NOT a recommendation, you NEED to speak to an elder, pastor from your church and if you don't go to a local church then find one and approach the pastor or elders and get prayer and counsel. You must do this if you are going to have healing in your heart and life and allow Jesus Christ to have a witness in your life. Or else your witness will be weak and you will bring shame to the name of Jesus. I have had same struggles, you need to deal with things violently brother, this is life and death.

2005/8/23 23:10Profile

Re:

Hey brother dom,

I believe, that things folks tell you should be witnessed to by at least two or three others (witnesses) ... if you understand the principle I'm speaking of.

What Greg has just recommended for you, is the same I gave you the other day.

My compassions have been going out to you, as you know, from Page two of the Miracles..... board. So please know that, you are loved and cared for here, by obviously Greg and others.

No one is casting stones, as if you are the only person here struggling, with one thing or another, but out of Love for Christ,,, many are just answering your pleas for help, and you are [u]right[/u] to bring before the Body.

But what we pray for you is VICTORY in JESUS and Psalm 51, "restore unto me the JOY of Thy Salvation ,,, 'Then' will I teach transgressors Your way.'

Read Ps 119 also. It is long but worth it ... "THY WORD have I hid in my heart, that I may not Sin Against YOU."

We love you dom, but sometimes, of course ... we All need the physical contact of Godly men to pray and council with us.

Continuing to pray, that you use your time (whatever time we each, individually have left) to engulf yourself in HIM and His Word.

We're not guaranteed tomorrow, and He is FOUND by those who "Diligently SEEK" [u]Him[/u].

With His Love, compassion and exhortion.

Annie

2005/8/23 23:28
ellie

UK

Re: Purity (Again and Again and Again)

Now is the time Dom, to get the help you need.

Hi Dom, I have seen people on here give you sound advice.

Dom ,I am that concerned about this particular problem and others that you have had.
As you are a child of God these things will come to you, in an exagerated way.
This is also why you MUST go and get help, if you feel that you cannot talk to anyone at your church then have an open conversation on PM. I will give you someone who you can ask. I will tell you the name on a PM to you. Unless there is someone Senior on here, that you feel you could approach.
You must stop battering yourself, because that is the enemy, God does not do that to you.
It is the enemy, that is attacking you in many ways. You have to speak to someone and get that much needed prayer. Now.

Ask yourself:
'is the enemy preventing me, from getting the help that I need, to keep me from getting my deliverence and freedom'

The Lord give you the strength and courage to go an seek help.

ellie

2005/8/24 2:51Profile

Re: Dom

Dear Dom,
What the Lord is speaking to me is that you are looking and hoping for perfection and purity in your carnal nature (old man)(religious activity and carnal works of "righteousness"), when the bible tells us that our purity, prefection, and righteousness is only found in Christ Jesus. He took our sin, and gave us His righteousness. It is a done deal. Rest in it.

Paul told the church at Phillipi that it is God Who places in us both the will and the desire to do His good pleasure. Lust of the flesh, coveteousness, and so on are not His good pleasure. Man cannot impart to you a change of desire and will in your heart. Only God can do that. God will do that, if you ask Him too. It's called grace, beloved, by faith in the victory that was won for you and me at Calvary. Ask God to change your heart. He will. Will your old man nature that is destined for the grave change it's desires completely? Never. But they can be overcome by faith. You ask God. Rest the "how" to Him.

God promises to clean up what is on the inside of us. It is up to us to help keep it clean. In other words, don't take part in any activity that causes you to be tempted into giving in to your flesh.

Example. Let's say that you are working a low paying job, just barely existing. You take a fancy to a new Mercedes Benz 2 door sports car. You go online and look at them. You buy books and look at them. You go to the car lots and sit in them, test drive them, smell them. You figure out what color you'd like and so on. But unless a miracle happens, you're never going to be able to afford one. If you can't possibly afford one, why punish yourself with doing all those things that only make matters worse? Yet it is our fallen nature to do just that. We fret so about the desires of our flesh, but then we fuel those desires continually by doing things that enrage our carnal fallen nature appetites. That is not real smart, yet we are all prone too and frequently do this.

Lust has many shapes and forms. I know a lady that almost put her family in the poor house trying to keep up with the fashion of other effluent families in church. She had several children. Whatever the other kids wore, she tried to out do by dressing her children in an even more expensive wardrobe. They lost their vehicle. They were fortunate that was all. It took a long time to pay off her debts as well.

Everyone has some "weakness". Just because I may be a gambler, or a thief, does not give my brother privilege to gloat over me because he is not a gambler or their. He is may be slothful, or greedy, or whatever. You can bet he has something that trips him up. We all do. We all will until we put off this old body.

But wait. The good news is that in God's eyes, we have been crucified with Christ. That is past tense. That means that to God, the old man is already dead, ALONG WITH IT'S WORKS. That is where we find our liberty. To give in to our flesh? Paul said and I amen, absolutely not. But when we make mistakes, we have Jesus pleading His own shed blood for us before the Father. Alleluia.

Finally Dom, don't think that temptation makes one impure. The bible tells us to count it all joy when temptation comes upon us. Why? Because it build patience and stamina. Strenght in the spiritual man.

How does a "body builder" build up muscle? By taking weights and excercising his strenght with the weights opposing his effort. Temptation are like weights that oppose our efforts in serving the Lord. Without this opposition, we cannot build strength. Where does our strength come from? From spending time with the Lord. In His presence there is fullness of joy, and the joy of the Lord is our strenght.

Religious excercise does not profit any more than physical excercise. But faith moves the mountains in our lives. Spend time with the Lord. Just sit in His presence. Tell Him how much you need Him. Ask Him to flood your soul with His presence. Guess what? He will. He will, dear brother. He will empower us with His Spirit to be His witnesses (martyrs). We place ourself on the cross with Christ by faith. He took all that our old man is to the cross with Him. What He gives in return is all that He is. It is an unbreakable covenant of His blood, shed for you and me.

Dom, if God can't do it, it simply cannot be done. All your struggling will not help. You can take counsel from the most gifted of counselors. It will not change the desire in your heart. Only God can. The very fact that you are troubled about it tells me that you are surely His child. But your flesh will never completely give up it's evil depraved lusts until dirt covers it up. Stop struggling. Stop feeding what works against you. Begin trusting in Jesus and His shed blood. Rest in what He has already provided for you before the Father....purity, righteousness, holiness, and unmerited favor. Let His finished work at Calvary be a comfort to your troubled mind. Whatever your weakness, He has already overcome it before His Father. Take what He gave you and rejoice. Count it all joy. Romans 14:17 says that the kingdom of God is rightousness, heart peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. How do we enter in? By faith. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. But our faith must have an object. The object of faith tha brings about victory, is the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His favor with the Father on our behalf. Rest in it. Give thanks in it. Don't place your eternal hope in the works of your flesh, good or bad, right or wrong. Place all your eternal hope once and for all in Jesus Christ. You'll be glad you did.

Finally. James told us to turn to God, then resist the devil and he will flee from you. Many fail to realize that to get the devil to flee by resisiting must first be accompanied by a turning to God. Just go to God in your secret place. Rest in Him. You can just sit in silence with Him. He loves to be with us in intimate fellowship. He's waiting for you, right now. Will you go to Him and rest, Dom? Will you trust God and not the fallen nature of your old man for your eternal hope? I pray that you do, and end this struggle, once and for all. God bless you as you do.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

Lahry

My email box is always open for you, beloved. [email protected].

2005/8/24 8:13
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Amen Lahry! Be encouraged, brother Dom! God is well able!

[i]Would you be free from the burden of sin?
There’s power in the blood, power in the blood;
Would you o’er evil a victory win?
There’s wonderful power in the blood.

Refrain

There is power, power, wonder working power
In the blood of the Lamb;
There is power, power, wonder working power
In the precious blood of the Lamb.

Would you be free from your passion and pride?
Come for a cleansing to Calvary’s tide;

Refrain

Would you be whiter, much whiter than snow?
Sin stains are lost in its life giving flow.

Refrain

Would you do service for Jesus your King?
Would you live daily His praises to sing?

Refrain[/i]

God bless you!
-Eli

2005/8/25 13:55Profile
ByHisSpirit

Re:

Dear Dom,

I guess our brother Lahry just said it all! We can be more then conquerers in Jesus Christ, even if the devil wants us to believe otherwise! Send his lies back to the place they came from!

Please read Romans 6 and Galatians 2:20... "Know that you have been crucified with Christ", Paul tells us. We have to reckon our old man dead... We no longer live, but it is Christ who lives in us. If there are lustfull thoughts, just take them to the cross! He died so that you could be free of these thoughts! Just go to Him, surrender these thoughts to Him and He will take them! Just surrender it all to Him...

Please read the post of Lahry again... We can live a victorious life, if we know (!) that Jesus Christ is Lord over everything!

I pray that the Holy Spirit may reveal this deep truth to you!

In Christ,
Fernando

2005/8/25 16:40Profile

Re: Three times......

....Three times Paul prayed for God to remove his "thorn in the flesh". Some say it was a physical infirmity. Beloved, you don't need grace (unmerited favor) for an infirmity.
God's answer is hope for us all, "My grace is sufficient for thee". Glory to God. Glory to God. Glory to God.

See, Dom, if we ever reached a place where we could do it on our own, the message of grace would be lost forever. God's grace is totally sufficient in all cases for all things save blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. The mere fact that you are concerned tells me that you have not done this.

God wants us to depend on His grace which is sufficient, rather than our ability to overcome all the weaknesses of our flesh. Jesus has already overcome them. He is our Rest from them. alleluia. Our hope is not in our ability to avoid wrong doing, but in that precious blood. To those who are being saved, it is the power of God. That wonder working power in the song our dear brother posted below. Let His power cover you. Let it consume you.

I can tell you this from my own personal experience with God. One day you will wake up and realize that you have not been bothered by your weakness in quite some time. This does not mean that it is gone forever. It means that God's unmerited favor is working in your heart.

DON'T let your guard down. But in everything give thanks. For in our weakness, His unmerited favor is shown to be perfect. The bible says we are saved to the uttermost and indeed we are. Rest in your salvation, placing your confidence in Him, not in yourself. He will bring joy back to your hear. He just might put a song there too, a song of praise, a song of thanksgiving.

I'm not only believing God with you, I'm believing God for you. I pray His comfort and His peace flood your heart, that you enjoy your fellowship with Him. To God be the glory, honor, and praise, now and forever amen.

Lahry

2005/8/26 7:17
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: The times when I struggle with it the most is when I have read m bible alot

I have read all of what you said!!
I have talked with my elders !!
I talk with them most weeks as he is my friend is says in scripture who can ascend the hill of the Lord!! I find that when I amk into the bible or have prayed and fasted alot or not in some cases it is then that I am attacked on this issue!! It is something that crops up and once I confess it is almost like the devil has no hold or grip!!
I like this verse!!I need to pure I have been infected by pictures, please pray dom!!

Psalms 24: 1 - 10 - Study This Chapter

1 The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. 2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? 4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. 6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. F74 Selah.

7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. 8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. 9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. 10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Prayers always work and I know I am struggling with this but it also says

1Jo 2:16 - Show Context
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

I like you am sick of bringing this issue up agian but is something that I face day in and day out I cannot get away from it!!
Thankyou for your support!!!! I still need prayer
Dom

I just want to be holy not in my righteousness but his!!
jesus's

Le 5:5 - Show Context
And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing:

Le 16:21 - Show Context
And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

Le 26:40 - Show Context
If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;

Nu 5:7 - Show Context
Then they shall confess their sin which they have done: and he shall recompense his trespass with the principal thereof, and add unto it the fifth part thereof, and give it unto him against whom he hath trespassed.

1Ki 8:33 - Show Context
When thy people Israel be smitten down before the enemy, because they have sinned against thee, and shall turn again to thee, and confess thy name, and pray, and make supplication unto thee in this house:

1Ki 8:35 - Show Context
When heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou afflictest them:

2Ch 6:24 - Show Context
And if thy people Israel be put to the worse before the enemy, because they have sinned against thee; and shall return and confess thy name, and pray and make supplication before thee in this house;

2Ch 6:26 - Show Context
When the heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; yet if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou dost afflict them;

Ne 1:6 - Show Context
Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, which I pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: both I and my father's house have sinned.

Job 40:14 - Show Context
Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.

Ps 32:5 - Show Context
I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

Mt 10:32 - Show Context
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Lu 12:8 - Show Context
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Joh 9:22 - Show Context
These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

Joh 12:42 - Show Context
Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:

Ac 23:8 - Show Context
For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

Ac 24:14 - Show Context
But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Ro 10:9 - Show Context
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Ro 14:11 - Show Context
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Ro 15:9 - Show Context
And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

Php 2:11 - Show Context
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jas 5:16 - Show Context
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

1Jo 1:9 - Show Context
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 4:15 - Show Context
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

2Jo 1:7 - Show Context
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Re 3:5 - Show Context
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

I believe confessing myself and my sins keeps myself accountable and I want to be accountable as God is accounting for every thought that runs through my head and every action!!

I want to be pure, but i fail
Dom

2005/8/26 16:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy