SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The bible is not "the Word"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
The bible cannot be used as a standard of law by which to judge others. God speaks to each person's heart in accord to His will. The Lord is our Lord and He directs His children in accord to His will.

If we follow this line of thought to its conclusion then every man becomes a law unto himself, doing what is right in his own eyes. There must be a standard of truth, we must search the Scriptures daily to see if these things be so.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/8/24 9:36Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

Dear Ron,

"If we follow this line of thought to its conclusion then every man becomes a law unto himself, doing what is right in his own eyes. "

What you say would be true if there was no such thing as the Holy Spirit. However, we are followers of Christ and He speaks to us all in our heart.

There is a standard of truth. Jesus said, "I am the truth." He is the standard.

2005/8/24 9:45Profile

Re:

Quote:
However, if you go out and tell someone, "Obey God's commands or else you are going to Hell," or when you tell a person, "Do good or you will be judged." Then what you are doing is telling that person they "have" to obey God or else. You are removing love.

I could quote your whole post, but this paragraph sums up what you were saying to me. And guess what... I agree. This is not what I am taking exception with.

Quote me from any of my over 1200 posts where I have even suggested that I think this way.

The difference between you and I is this... you came on this forum a week or so ago and proceeded to tell us all where we are wrong, and that we shouldn't be doing this or that.

I come on here and pretty much answer questions. I do take a strong stand on certain issues, but usually my posts are in response to people asking other what they think about certain things. The recent divorce thread is an excellent example. The general question was what does the Bible teach about divorce and re-marriage for believers. It evolved into a discussion about whether or not divorced believers can be in church leadership.

We all went to see what God's Word says... we werent judging anyone. We were answering questions.

I have never once suggested that I am sinless. I have NEVER once suggested that "if you don't do this, you're going to hell!" Thats foolish of you to even suggest that because you have no basis for such a slanderish statement toward me. I never said it, never implied it, and certainly don't believe that.

I would recommend... as I have several times... that you spend some time browsing the hundreds of threads on this site and get to know the history behind the conversations, get to know the people who post here, and understand the overall spirit of this site. You say you have, but in all honesty... I don't believe you.

You are not a prophet.

Krispy

2005/8/24 9:50
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
What you say would be true if there was no such thing as the Holy Spirit. However, we are followers of Christ and He speaks to us all in our heart.

The problem is that our hearts are deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. We tend to hear what we want to hear and call it the leading of the Spirit.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/8/24 10:01Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

"Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, ' and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains. "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. [Matthew 24:4-14]

Without a love for truth and a mental storehouse filled with God's Word, people cannot discern error. Many are drawn to the self-focused empowerment of goddess-philosophy

God's Word gives us the antidote to Satanic deception, as stated in II Timothy 3:16, 17, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine (as the antidote to the false Christs), for reproof and correction (as the antidote to the rationalization of sin), and for instruction in righteousness (as the antidote to humanistic philosophies), that the child of God may be brought to maturity, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2005/8/24 10:28Profile

Re:

Excellent word Bill... couldnt agree more.

Krispy

2005/8/24 10:59
ellie

UK

Re: MrBillPro on 2005/8/24 15:28:31

Quote:
Without a love for truth and a mental storehouse filled with God's Word, people cannot discern error. Many are drawn to the self-focused empowerment of goddess-philosophy

Thankyou for the above MrBillPro.
The Holy Spirit moved within me when I read the above as true. You have put into words that which I feel, about things that I have read that are in error on this Posting.
I have to say that I have felt that it has seemed to be like, near blasphemy of God and Gods Word.

I pray almighty God, for your Mercy and Grace upon any errors. Amen

ellie

2005/8/24 11:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
I have to say that I have felt that it has seemed to be like, near blasphemy of God and Gods Word.

Pretty close!

[i]Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: [b]for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.[/b][/i]

God seems to hold a pretty high opinion of His Word... and when [b]we[/b] dont, He is not lifted up.

Krispy

2005/8/24 11:51
Kadmiel

Florida, U.S.A.

Re:

Blake,

After reading all of your post i must say that i sense in my spirit that you are not "real" or truly Born Again. Your very humanistic and carnally minded in the ways and truths of God's word. You approach everthing witht the flesh even tho you say its with the Holy Spirit. I don't believe you. You may perhaps be Jehovah Witness or Morman or some other sect. At any rate. I wish you would stop.

Krispy has continuously like others in love to help and explain as much as they possibly can but you just don't or won't except the truth but that of your "own" interpretation of truth.

I hope everyone will forgive me for speaking out like this.

:-(

2005/8/24 11:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
I hope everyone will forgive me for speaking out like this.

No forgiveness needed... My posts have been rather strong on this thread. I think when error comes into the camp thinly camo'd as truth it needs to be dealt with strongly. Not in a hateful way, for I do not hate Blake. Love is recognizing error and not allowing it to proceed beyond the doorstep.

Krispy

2005/8/24 12:22

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy