Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Things to do in Hell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Things to do in Hell

sorry quite a flippant title for such a serious subject but it got YOUR attention :-P

anyway... right Hell,

the other night the Lord wouldn't let me get to sleep (not a problem i have for anyone who knows me), i had recently listened to Leonard Ravenhill's The Judgement seat of Christ, where he spoke about how Jonathan Edwards before delivering 'Sinners in the hand of an angry God' prayed 'Lord stamp eternity on my eyes' over and over and over again, so as i lay awake i started to ponder Hell, and what it would be like.

now I didn't recieve a vision or anything but i really felt the Lord bring somethings to light with regards to the place where, and lets face it, most people will spend eternity.

As i wondered what it would be like i became very sure of at least 2 things that would accompany everyone cast into the Lake of fire:

1: Regret
2: Pain

Think about it thats all they will have forever, FOREVER!!!!!!!! NO END TO THEIR REGRET AND NO END TO THEIR PAIN!!!!

Think about it! they will have no happy memories of there time spent on earth, there fondest memories (meeting the person they loved, getting married, childbirth, children's parties, family gatherings) will be the things that bring them most torment because they spent their time doing that instead of on their face before almighty God weeping over their life of sin, and pleeding with God to remove their burden of guilt. No hint of happiness not even from their happiest moments.

Consider for a moment the mental anguish of your entire life turning into filthy rags before your eyes, add to this the fact that you ignored your way out over and over and over and over again! You spat in the face of Him that sat on the throne before you and looked at you with such righteous fury and proclaimed judgement on you and you know you deserve every second of what your going through, and more!!!!

every chance you had to get out will revolve round and round in your head for all eternity, every tract you refused, or ignored, or scoffed at because you were with your mates, or tore up or threw away, every time you ignored that 'crazy man' on the street telling you to Repent!

and now ... what... no more grace, no more mercy, no more release, no more pity, no salvation from here, no prescence of God (which you didn't notice while alive but you sure notice now!), NO WAY OUT!!!, no friends to help you with what your going through not because they arent here with you they might very well be, but they cant help you any more than you can help them so why bother?

and i havent started on the pain...

and this is your eternity and with every second you endure it a million more are added to the end!

why dont i feel like this when with unsaved friends? or when I'm evangelizing? O wretched man that I am.

2005/8/17 16:30Profile
Logic

Re: Things to do in Hell

Quote:
As i wondered what it would be like i became very sure of at least 2 things that would accompany everyone cast into the Lake of fire:
1: Regret
2: Pain

Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

That worm is the conscience of the soul. It will eat at them for eternity.

Plus, think of all the comforts we all take for granted, like; Not being hungery. I think the souls in Hell or the lake of fire will expirience Hunger, lack of breath, exhaustion or extream tiredness, lonelyness, Terror, the fealing of dieing with out death..., I'm sure you all could think of others.

2005/8/17 22:36Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Bring the marshmallows! :-?

2005/8/17 23:06Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: Things to do in Hell

matt,

If you truly want to get over that wall, you must really get on your face and pray that God move upon you. I did, and He responded. It was not fun. But I feel less fear and more Him, to put it bluntly. I have many old friends that I need to witness to. After this experience I am not as squirmish when I think about talking to them.

You must be prepared to give up worldy desires. People that are soulwinners sometimes assume that God is smiling on their lives, even though we need cleansing just as much as the unsaved. Ask God to cleanse you, just like Isaiah 6, and He will. Be prepared for a wilderness experience, though.

You'll notice after the Holy Ghost fell upon Christ, He was led in the wilderness to be tempted (tried, purified). I'm tired of pretence in my Christian walk, so I've made up my mind that God can do whatever He wants to make me ready for use toward His kingdom.

"Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord. He that hath clean hands and a pure heart."

2005/8/18 6:10Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I've often said: [i]"Most people go into hell smiling."[/i] Meaning, they have no idea they are going there when they do.

2005/8/18 9:13Profile

Re:

This is what most unsaved people think of hell... if they even think there is a hell...

(Interesting to note that Bon Scott, who wrote and sang this song, died a few months later after freezing to death in a drunken stuper... wonder what he thinks of hell now. Tragic, is all I can say.)

[i]AC/DC
Highway To Hell

Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on the highway to hell

No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round
Hey Satan, payin' my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey Momma, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land

I'm on the highway to hell
(Don't stop me)

And I'm going down, all the way down
I'm on the highway to hell[/i]

What an ignorant song. And to think that I used to crank this song at full volume when I was lost and blind.

Krispy

2005/8/18 10:29
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re:

me too, never knew they were the lyrics though

2005/8/18 11:29Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
What an ignorant song. And to think that I used to crank this song at full volume when I was lost and blind.Krispy

That's why I Love ya Brother! your like me your not afraid to mention some of the stuff you did in your past, and to be completely honest with you, I don't think there is a better witnessing tool, than to tell someone what your past was like. Brother we may not be were we need to be but thank GOD were not were we use to be.

:-)

2005/8/18 13:03Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

This song does much damage to those who are ignorant of eternity!

2005/8/18 13:13Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

There are two roads in life, a narrow and straight way leading to Heaven, and a broad way leading to Hell...

Both are marked "This way to Heaven."

2005/8/18 13:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy