Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Controversial Men

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Jason

Re: Spiritual Authority

TaKa,

Unfortunately, when I see "delegated authority" taught, 99% of the time it is in line with the teachings of the old Shepherding Movement, which is unbiblical.

Any leadership that is based upon titles or position is unbiblical. That is plain and simple. Matthew 23 should take care of any questions there.

As for the anointing being the thing that separates leaders, as I pointed out below, no leader possesses an anointing that anyone else in the body does not have. If that is the case, it is not the anointing found in Christ.

Again, the principle of leadership is service. Anyone who teaches that "submission" entails obedience or service to authority has brought the world's methods into the Church. That teaching is better left to the boardroom of a corporation or to Amway. Biblical submission is from every Christian to every other Christian and actually involves allowing another to serve. Biblical service is itself leadership and authority -- it is not the same as worldly leadership or authority, which consists of giving directives.

2003/6/20 0:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
As for the anointing being the thing that separates leaders, as I pointed out below, no leader possesses an anointing that anyone else in the body does not have. If that is the case, it is not the anointing found in Christ.

Yes, I agree we all have the same annointing and priesthood by the Holy Spirit. But we do have different gifts, some teachers, overseers, etc.. and God chooses the gifts that are given and we can also earnestly seek them also.

2003/6/20 0:54Profile
Jason

Re:

Exactly, Greg. If we all operate according to the gifts God manifests through us and serve one another completely, we become more dependent on one another. It is a brotherhood, not a heirarchy.

2003/6/20 14:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy