SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Gut Wrenching.......

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
arbustum

Sydney Australia

Re:

"We are hedged in (pressed) on every side [troubled and opressed in every way], but not cramped or crushed; We suffer embarassments and are perplexed and unable to find a way out, but not driven to despair;we are persued (persecuted and hard-driven), but not deserted [to stand alone]; We are struck down to the ground, but never struck out and destroyed" AMP

"for though we walk (live) in the flesh, we are not carrying our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons. For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds. [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)." -2 Corinthians 10:3-5 AMPLIFIED BIBLE

"And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me; in his tent i will offer sacrifices and shouts of joy; i will sing yes, i will sing praises to the Lord!" -Psalm 27:6 AMP

We have a song in our church among many with the lyrics "any praise i ever gained i give to you" also, "i will live to love you, i will live to bring you praise i will live a child in awe of you" which is the chorus of another. how about we consider these lyrics.

when people tell me how much they admire something of me i give the praise to God, it is and always will be him working through me that they see, not my own concouction (sp???) -conviction

whenever i have an awesome session of praise and worship with God in the Church and i dont see anyone else on their knees i scorn myself for looking around instead of focusing entirely on God, to judge others is not why we attend church. and i praise God all the more when i realise that i've actually touched heaven in my attempts to reach out to him. -conviction

whenever i feel accomplished because of convictions or anything else i give the esteem to the cause of living for something greater than myself, i try to give it to others. it was them that helped me get there.

being humble is something done in secret, that is a conviction.

the words above are also conviction, bible verses and all.

i ask every one of you here, who is on this site for themselves? who desires to sit at the computer and allow their emotions, pride, and other fruits of the worldly perspective reign? the only reason you see me online so often is because i either forget to log out before closing the window or have it minimised on the computer while i do other things, coming back to it every so often and instead of signing out and signing back in again each time i leave my account active. i dont write most of these long messages in one sitting. and one last challenge, why do we always have to challenge each other because of a lack of disclaimers? pull people up, but dont knock them down, challenge but dont judge,

i judged Philologos at one stage recently and it's out in the open on another thread, when i realised what i'd done i apologised for stepping out of line. im not righteous. im ashamed. but i've moved on. im just pointing it out. as much as we're called to believe we're forgiven can we ever afford to see ourselves as righteous?

just a thought.

2005/8/8 2:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy