SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : is this a cult?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dougr777

Re:

Thanks all. I will be praying about this. The family is actually very close to one of the family members before the elders for almost 20 years so it's not a newcomer stirring up trouble. The couple is coming from a conviction of we are called to minister to hurting families and done this for 15 years and the way the church operates is a violation of their convictions. He gave me James 4:17 where is heart is. They are humble. This is not the first time the elders have done this. They are very protective of their ministry and church body. I just need to hear the Lord's heart on this and respond in love and kindness and decide to stay in this church or what the Lord has. This is Christ's church. There are other doctrinal issues I haven't shared with this church such as female pators and mixture of healing/prosperity without a gospel message. It is a very complex situation it seems but the Lord has an answer in His word because nothing new is under the sun. I just want to follow the Lord. My doctrine and position has changed in the almost 6 years I started attending this church and I want to do what the Lord wants me to do. Thanks for praying for me if you hear the Lord asking you to do so.

2020/3/16 9:38Profile
dougr777

Re:

so in November of last year, our senior pastor passed away and I found out that it was his wish that his wife becomes the senior pastor of our church.

I just confirmed that with another elder and this is true.

I think I have my answer so I am talking with them about what this means. This is kinda a clear doctrine in scripture about women and leadership in the church.

please keep praying as the Lord leads us and I maintain a Godly attitude in love through the conversations with the church leadership. I'm starting the conversation with them tonight.

2020/3/19 11:32Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

You actually have to be very careful with people offering counselling, especially newcomers. They may offer counsel and thus draw people to themselves, aiming at the weaker ones. Before long these weaker sheep have more loyalty to the counsellor that to the leadership. This is what happened in the fellowship I used to lead. A couple started a marriage course. It was good in the beginning. I had tried to envolve the husband of this couple in the leadership, but he refused. Then they started to form their own group within our group, picking the weaker ones, with the aim to counsel them. They managed to attach people to themselves and I had no choice but to leave the group to them. The sheep were scattered.

2020/3/19 16:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy