SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God and the accuser wager over Job's life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Fletcher: you are always welcome to ask me anything.

Thanks for the kind remarks.

you said..."even when we’ve disagreed, always attempted to be fair and considerate and it goes a long way when we conduct ourselves in such a way to represent what we claim to believe:)"

Sometimes that's true, and my reputation has also been
"he brings a double sided axe for his minor surgeries"

For that, I am ashamed.

now...on to the question.

2020/1/24 11:20Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Marvin

You wrote;
"he brings a double sided axe for his minor surgeries"
Ha!! That literally made me laugh out loud 😆
That literally is why I’m about to ask you this question—

So to the question;

Would you be willing to walk with me through a reconsidering of the most basic and fundamental presumptions of our faith in hopes to have the spirit confirm what is true and expose what is not?

In order to do this we would have to (both) lay down our preconceived ideas,... even definitions of what we think/believe we know and allow the spirit to draw out the meaning He intends, so as to produce the testimony of a witness to the Spirit of Christ - something that can withstand the bias of doctrinal and theological dispositions. Something for the Lord to use to better unify, to better prepare His bride :)

This not something that I would attempt alone or in private,... for both of those would allow too much opportunity for deception or laziness to creep in and snuff out the light - so I would need someone to agree to push back as hard as they can on each and every point (even definitions) and allowing me to push back to the same extent both knowing the other is doing the pushing not to start a fight but to encourage the pursuit and unwavering commitment to the Truth of Gods Spirit being as fully revealed as we are able to allow Him to do in and thru us-

It will take an almost military like level of discipline and at the same time, being supple, malleable, sensitive enough to the promptings of Holy Spirit to literally be lead by Him in every step -
He told me that to even begin to consider embarking on this journey, I would have to be willing to consider I might be wrong... about even the most certain of things regarding Him,... His person, His purpose, His plan, His provisions, etc... honestly that was easy at first to agree to but very quickly He reached to touch some of my most beloved (well founded) doctrines (golden calves) and I reeled, drawing back from Him... and as gently as He has ever addressed me, He showed me how in some cases I love my ideas about Him more than the reality of Him 😔

So that’s how I got here.... I want to know the Truth of who He says He is and I believe He does indeed desire to be known but we are so distracted and so filled with our own ideas (doctrines) there’s no room left for Him to teach us,... to show us who He really is -
And if that’s true I want Him to be able to get a respectable return on the investment He has made in us,... 😇

2020/1/24 13:48Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Fletcher:

A few things.

1. I love your candor and humbleness in being willing to be taught and have a listening ear.
2. I may or may not be the right person for such a request.
3. I too want Jesus to receive the reward of his suffering in that I bear much fruit.

Allow me to begin with my disqualifications for joining you in this.
1. No man ejects his presuppositions. He lives by them, thinks and engages the world around him with them.
2. No man who has already been taught the priceless truth of scriptures sells it as a matter of whim, where by he digs up his own foundations that Christ has laid in his life without doing irreparable damage the building itself.
3. I personally cannot discount the previous work of the Spirit who has been my teacher these 44 years, therefore I could in no way with faith in God believe that what I have learned doctrinally, experientially is simply 'up in the air' and its truth and value need to be reassessed because others in their own way are seeking truth in doctrine and experience.
4. I cannot in good faith deny what I have already been given by revelation. I cannot in good faith reject the work of the Spirit heretofore accomplished in me and has made me what (in some measure) like Christ.

In application

The best I can offer with truth and sincerity is what God has made me with all the doctrine and experience I have been given. With that I am instructed in scripture to judge, discern, listen and pray over and over again whereby what I have received is always put the test, what I have experienced always approved or disapproved by the Spirit's revelation of the word to me.

Lastly, In that the Spirit of God is our teacher and Jesus is our Lord, both of us are fully dependent upon God for the revealing of himself and our own growth and maturity in the faith.

A major paradigm shift of doctrine...I have no faith in it's necessity for me. Minor course corrections along the way...that is the norm for me.

In conclusion you are good a faithful brother who has instructed me in countless posts, I have read and taken heed to the voice of Jesus with your own voice speaking to me confirming the word of God.
I am not sure any change is necessary from what I have been given thus far.

I hope this post is not discouraging to you, I hope by my straightforwardness in this matter you see my love for you and my faithfulness to what Jesus has given to me thus far.

2020/1/24 14:36Profile
romanchog

Re: what is a romanchog?

Hi Christinyou.

Romanchog is a username my husband came up with.
Our last name is Roman.
chog stands for CHild Of God.

Not that interesting. ☺

Natalie

2020/1/24 18:56Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Marvin

That is understandable -

No offense nor discouragement taken,

God is Holy, there is no quarrel 🙏🏻

2020/1/24 23:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Thank you Natalie

I think that is beautiful. Now I know the Romans and who I am reading and praying for.

In Christ: A fellow CHOG

2020/1/28 5:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy