Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Saint Augustine on Kanye West

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Not familiar with Pulpit and Pen other than seeing th website mentioned in passing online before, but here is an excerpt from their latest article regarding brother Kanye:

"As one that has not been following West’s career, it was interesting to observe his interaction with Lowe, who has interviewed West a few times prior. Kanye West is a confident, well-spoken, intelligent man. His zeal for being a “Christian Innovator” is noticeable. His testimony included some raw moments and it bristled with honesty. So far as one can tell, there is no hint that Kanye has been infected with the prosperity ‘gospel.’

There are snippets of a man that has experienced grace and that has been born again. He evidences from his testimony that he has repented and is completely dedicated to serving Christ from now on. He plans a Christmas album to be released in December, “Jesus is Born.” Whether he matures in faith and lives fully as a disciple freed by the truth remains to be seen. There are a few comments that make one wonder, such as his comment about his status as an entertainer, which he now renounces. This writer hopes that Kanye will get good teaching and grow in his new-found faith. The Apostle Peter spoke in the Bible about the “true grace of God.” May this be Kanye’s true anchor."

Glory to God.

In 2016 after seeing in the news that he had had a breakdown, felt a strong burden to pray for his radical conversion.

Am sure the Spirit moved countless Christians to pray for his conversion and to me this is just a beautiful thing to see this happen.

(Edited.)

2019/10/30 14:43Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: you know Kanyes fake because...

Shoot I thought I was the only one that loved the 'chief seat' and gave the judgmental look.

I say give the brother some room to grow. I know there is no body posting here that would ever show immaturity at such a young age ( spiritually speaking). But maybe Kanye did. And maybe like me he had a lot of the world in him that needs to be purged out, not like any of you of course.
It takes some time to get your theological chops down, and to speak eloquent Christianese so everyone believes you.

But the reality is they don't. If I were to voice my interpretations and understandings of scripture I know I could garner thousands that would say "I doubt he's saved". Simply because I don't fit in their box.

If he's rich which he is...well you KNOW FOR SURE he is a part of the wealth gospel. If he's excited about Jesus and articulates it in his own understandings...you know he's still lost and damned because he doesn't know what you know or say it like you say it.

I need to do a little more Pharisee work because I thought I was the judgmental meanie among us all. I guess I need to step up my game.

Stephen didn't say it right or believe it right or even try to fit in...all he did was witness what he knew of God. It was all good and gold until he told them they were as guilty as those God judged in the past...then rocks were thrown and his voice silenced.

For me, I'll take a thousand more just like him.

2019/11/1 11:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy