SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : And THEY THAT ARE CHRIST’s .....?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

And THEY THAT ARE CHRIST’s .....?

Gal.5:24,
“And *they* that are Christ's ,....’have’ crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.”
~~~~~~~~~~~
Really ??.......\ *THEY*.... that are Christ’s,..... *WE* that are Christ’s,...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Are we Christ’s?
Isn’t this kind of talk VERY SERIOUS ???
~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you / we make this out to be ?
~~~~~~~~~~~
To me it sound’s like *kingdom Living ?
Sounds like the *gospel of the kingdom that Paul was preaching / teaching.
A place, ...in The Spirit, where The King, who is Jesus rules, and is Lord.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am seriously considering this today.
Isn’t it truly worthy of our consideration ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* The night is far spent,.. The Day is at hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♥️
elizabeth

2019/5/22 11:13Profile
cup

Re: And THEY THAT ARE CHRIST’s .....?

Gal. 5:24,“And *they* that are Christ's ,....’have’ crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.”

SHOCKING but 100% true!!!!

Notice that "have crucified" is PAST TENSE. Nothing to be done in the future but something that HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE.

YES this is an accomplished fact. The question is do you believe this or do you believe a lie of the devil instead?

2019/5/22 12:38Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: And THEY THAT ARE CHRIST’s .....?

Ha!
Very good observation and indeed it is certainly worthy of our careful consideration-
Your admonition hasn’t fallen on def ears and is greatly appreciated🙏🏻

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

2019/5/22 12:39Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Thank you to :
Fletcher and to Vern,
Surely appreciate your input,.. I want you to know.* when I write these things, that I am writing to ME too.... Not looking down on anyone.... The Lord’ Words are worthy of my *self examination.
~~~~~~~~~♥️
elizabeth

2019/5/22 13:22Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Vern,
I really need to ask / say,...
...are you saying
*Crucified,.. The cross, (death) that we are to *take up daily,,...
is *The Way, that Jesus has taught, is the way that u are *seeing this ?
...this is * truly the Way that I see this teaching is.
~~~~~~~~~♥️
elizabeth

2019/5/22 13:30Profile
cup

We have been crucified

The work of Christ on the cross is 100% complete and total. Everything that needed to die - actually died!! Nothing was left out. The first Adam has no influence or power over us at all.

We have been crucified - this is the old man - the old self - that thinks it is independent from God.

This crucifixion is actual and real NOT potential. When Christ was crucified and died, He was truly and actually crucified and died. There was NOTHING potential about it it. We were IN Him so when He was crucified and we were crucified in Him. When He died we died in Him.

Now this death was totally complete and an utter death. Everything that needed to die actually died. Everything that needed to cease was ceased. Nothing was left out. This means that all this old I, The old man-self, and the 1st Adam could NEVER become alive again or somehow ever be resurrected again.

Now we walk in crucifixion second by second (taking up the cross).

We have been raised with Christ. His LIFE is now our only life!

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: (my old self - the old man - the Adam nature was totally and completely crucified and died with Christ - what was needed to die is now dead and never can be resurrected again) neverthless I live; (I am still here) yet not I, (the Christ infused I because I have been made ONE by God in Christ and no separation exists between us. I am now in reality one with the person of Christ) but Christ liveth in me: (YES! His Life within me is now my real and only life) and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, (HE IS MY LIFE and He is my LIVING CONNECTION to God the father. He is the author - initiator and finisher of my faith - His faith is my faith.) who loved me (and pours out his love on me and within me second by second every day), and gave himself for me. (This is a continually giving of HIMSELF to me in a never ending discovery of HIM inside me that just keeps unfolding and keeps giving).

2019/5/22 14:08Profile
Elibeth

Re: We have been crucified

Dear Vern,
I am not quite understanding,...

Are u saying :

You have a single *eye on Jesus, in your life, and His will ??

Or,.. Are you saying *you can or *have a double life?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
elizabeth

2019/5/22 14:16Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

*Crucified,.. The cross, (death) that we are to *take up daily,,...
is *The Way, that Jesus has taught, is the way that u are *seeing this ?

Yes this is correct. Our Flesh was never put to death. If the Bible tells that then I will call it a lie and quit being a Christian. How can I believe in a false teaching! I see my flesh live and active in me!

When we are born again, our old man was put to death by God. But the flesh is still the same. We have to put it to death by taking up the cross. In Gal 5:24, Paul is confidently saying that those who are abiding in Christ have crucified their fresh. If not we cannot abide in Christ at all. Every instant we have to have our flesh crucified.

Crucifixion is not sudden death. When a person is crucified, he does not die immediately. It takes hours for a person to die. Same is the condition of our flesh. It does not die but remains alive all our life. A strong person when crucified, will try to come out of the cross by all his strength. Our flesh to comes out of it but we have to keep hammering the nails and keep it glued to the cross.

2019/5/22 14:25Profile
cup

I have no other life. Christ is my only life.

I do have a single *eye on Jesus, in your life, and His will.

I do not have a double life That is impossible. A person can be deceived into thinking that but it is a lie.

I have NO life outside of Jesus Christ because Christ is my only life that is possible.

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

This is a second by second standing FIRM in what God in Christ has already done. We are TOTALLY FREE NOW because HE hath (past tense) has made us free. Let us walk in that freedom.

2019/5/22 14:48Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Yes dear sister that is how I took your post,... that you were indeed already examining yourself as your words brought that scripture to mind.
Nonetheless we would all do well if we were to heed the many warnings found in the scriptures-

2019/5/22 14:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy