SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Problems with the "Literal" Adam

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

So many times the "experts" have had "rock solid" evidence that they said you had to believe in or you were scientifically illiterate, a backwards country bumpkin according to them. Piltdown Man, Junk DNA, vestigial organs etc etc. I thank God there are brave men and women in various areas of scientific research who boldly stand on God's Word and take the world's laughter and ridicule in stride.

2019/6/6 1:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey Travis-

I still don’t see how the Exodus passage necessarily destroys gap theory.

The counting of days does not begin until Gen. 1 vs 3. The proposed gap is between v1 and v 2.

2019/6/6 7:19Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Gap theory has theological implications such as death before the fall

2019/6/6 7:31Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Todd: The Exodus passage is very specific. It says that in six days God made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them. So this passage includes Genesis 1:1 and all following. The creation of the heavens and the earth and all that is in them occurred in six days. If Exodus said, "in six days God created all that is in the heavens and the earth.", then I could agree that the gap theory is at least possible. But the wording is very explicit.

My question to consider would be this. Why is there any need to consider a gap theory to begin with. Why would we need to insert something into the text that is nowhere taught in scripture?

2019/6/6 8:49Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Why is there any need to consider a gap theory to begin with.//

There is no “need” to do so but it would help explain so many things.

Gap theory says that Gen 1:2 onwards describes a re-creation of a world ruined into chaos, perhaps by Satan’s fall.

We really have no idea what the very ancient people knew about creation. Maybe they understood that Gen 1 describes a re-creation; ie maybe it was taken for granted so there was no need for scripture to expound on it.

But Dom is correct that if gap theory is true then there were dead dinosaurs (or their bones) laying around outside the Garden of Eden. I believe they were out there as well but not because of gap theory- although I am becoming more sympathetic to that view.

2019/6/6 10:37Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Todd: But then the question is, what many things does it help to explain? And what do we do with the verse in Exodus that is so very explicit in its language?

BTY: If I am not mistaken, I believe it was Dake who really popularized the ruin / reconstruction and gap theory ideas.

2019/6/6 18:32Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Todd: But then the question is, what many things does it help to explain? And what do we do with the verse in Exodus that is so very explicit in its language?

I have already answered in this thread what unique questions that gap theory answers.
1. how can a perfect God create an earth that was formless and empty. This proves that something should have happened that made the earth farmless and empty after God created it and filled it with darkness.

2. The fall of Lucifer, when did that happen as mentioned in Ezekel 28. Gap theory explains that this even happened in the gap.

2019/6/6 18:59Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//But then the question is, what many things does it help to explain? And what do we do with the verse in Exodus that is so very explicit in its language?//

I could name very many problems it helps to answer, but to summarize greatly if true it explains how we can have a very old universe and earth that is truly billions of years old and also a literal 6 day re-creation. You don’t have to resort to using a Day age interpretation or a poetic interpretation of Gen 1.

I just don’t see the problem with the Exodus passage that you do.

2019/6/6 19:10Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have read the ancient Egyptian myths about creation in near Eastern ancient archaeology and the problems that I have is that you have to state that God did not create this world perfectly in the beginning
The thing is Gap theory is based on conjecture and not any scriptural evidneces and if there are gaps here why arent there any other gaps that God is not telling us about

The universe is not billions of years old there are so many problems with this as we should have things like population 3 stars or problems with the fact that we still have spirals on the milky way galaxy or comets

Blue stars should not exist becuase they would run out of fuel

Dinosaurs have things like cancer in there bones and there are other diseases in dinosaurs that point to the fall before dinosaurs. Dinosaurs means big lizard

It was only Dr Charles Lyle with him changing his view on how long it would take to form rock layers

The absurd view on evolution it would take 10,000 years to cover a dinosaurs toenail according to evolution and the flood best explains how the catastrophic nature of how the dinosaurs were buried as you have poly strata fossils such as trees which go between the layers

If the world was not created perfect and death and sin were not through the fall there are so many theological problems

2019/6/7 6:52Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//and death and sin were not through the fall//

The result of the fall was spiritual death. Adam did not die physically when he sinned so God was obviously not talking about physical death when He said “ for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die”- Adam lived on physically for hundreds of years.

2019/6/7 7:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy