SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Brother Philip:

Against sound counsel you are dismissing what others are saying. If I go through those scripture texts, I can assure you it will not be me or those disagreeing with you, but you brother who are missing it.
16: 10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption
It means Jesus body will not enter into decay, look at the context.
Acts 2:27, this is a quoting of the above text, Luke uses it in the same sense. Luke is teaching on the death and resurrection of Jesus.

I Peter 1:18-19
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
That corruptible thing is that thing which is will eventually see decay.
Jesus as a man living forever has put on incorruption by reason of his resurrection and the power of God.
Not by reason of some intrinsic quality within his blood.
Again this text does not point to Jesus blood as being "God-blood", but instead likened to that of a sacrificial lamb...an animal sacrifice.

2 peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

The context being the corruption or destruction of all things preparing the way for the new.
This has no inference to any 'blood of any kind'.

Luke 24:39 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

The context is Jesus is appearing to them as a resurrected man, not a spirit. Jesus later ate with them. This has no bearing on the intrinsic nature of Jesus blood.

John 20:27
Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Another post-resurrection event, proving nothing regarding the intrinsic nature of Jesus blood.

Matthew 28:9

Another post-resurrection event, proving nothing regarding the intrinsic nature of Jesus blood.

heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

This even more dangerous for your position, for as Jesus was fully human (which you have conferred) "by his own blood" not God's blood, or a hybrid blood, but by his own human blood he entered in...I can make a very clear and provable inference here you brother cannot.

mark 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Being received because of what? A hybrid blood? No, he was received because his sinless life lived in love and obedience to his Father...this qualified him as a sacrifice, having a precious blood to offer.
But yet without that perfect mind, a perfect heart, a will that was always in perfect alignment with God's will and heart that blood would never avail anything.

The rest of the texts offered have never been disputed as to our redemption.

Philip, whenever you offer up proof texts like this, you don't prove your position, you prove mine...I don't need any greek definition or any nuances of meaning or any theological gymnastics, the straight bare-faced reading eliminates any necessity for any of us to reconsider our interpretation.

We are only asking that you reconsider your own interpretation.

2019/5/3 13:43Profile
cup

Re: The human flesh and human blood is not the cause of sin

Adam had a perfect human flesh with human blood. Neither his body nor his blood caused his disobedience.

Jesus Christ - the last Adam - had real human flesh and real human blood. Neither His body nor His blood caused His obedience.

You make it sound that Christ's fleshy body and blood was somehow superior than ours. That is a lie from hell!

Rom 8:3 God sent his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh.

His flesh was just as weak as ours. Do not forget that Christ could not even carry His own cross because of weak flesh.

2019/5/4 6:33Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Passover.

There is no conflict or disagreement about The Passover:
— the first Passover in Egypt, when the blood of the lamb was put on the doorframes of the people of Israel; causing the destroying Angel of God to Passover them when he was slaying the firstborn.
— the annual feast of the Passover,
* when the Flesh BODY of the Passover lamb was left without in the sanctuary,
* and only the high priest would enter into the Holiest of All [aka "The Holiest of Holies"]
* carrying only the Blood of the Passover Lamb into the Holy of Holies ...
Think about it:
— If the Blood of the Passover Lamb was the only sacrament which was taken into the Holiest of all,
* and if the Flesh Body of the Passover Lamb was left in the sanctuary outside the Holiest of all;
— And if the resurrected and glorified body of Jesus Christ, the flesh body which was sacrificed on the cross,
* is one part of the two-part, only sacramental ritual of the Christian church, the communion (aka 'Eucharist');
— Then why is the Blood of the Passover Lamb largely ignored by the clergy?
Here is the message which should be told to the church of Jesus Christ:

The new covenant - of the new testament of God ... and the one true Passover which was foreshadowed in the scripture from the time of Abel the son of Adam the son of God;

* which Passover was fulfilled exactly ONCE for all time;

* it is not the flesh body of the Passover lamb which takes away sins, or which makes even Heaven itself clean;

* it is the Blood of The Lamb which taketh away the sins of the world.

Apostle Paul wrote about Jesus Christ performing the final fulfillment of all the law and the prophets:
"But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made by hands, that is to say, not of this building ... by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us." [Hebrews 9:10-11]

I know that Apostle Paul did not (could not?) explain exactly in detail what Jesus Christ did with His Blood.

This is what I was taught about the Blood of Jesus that He shed on the cross;

— taught by my mentor in Christ almost forty years ago,

— who was a "fulfilled Jew" (her own words),

— who was an anointed evangelist, teacher and prophetess (I believe an apostle).

That the resurrected Jesus Christ;

— immediately after He was raised from the dead and exited the tomb;

— after telling Mary "Touch me not for I have not yet ascended unto the Father"

— and telling Mary "I ascend to the Father" [in the immediate tense: "NOW ASCEND"]

— ascended to the seventh heaven, to the Mercy Seat of the Almighty God.

In heaven the resurrected and glorified Jesus Christ fulfilled the final prophecy and law regarding the Messiah:

— As the only HIGH PRIEST of the Passover

— He bore the Blood of the Lamb,

— to the Mercy Seat of the Eternal Father,

— where The Blood of the Lamb remains forever as witness to the blood of the new testament:

I have paid for all of your sins, they are paid for; I have redeemed with my own blood the price of your salvation; and I have surely saved you and returned you to The Father.

That is how certain is our salvation by the Almighty God, the Everlasting Father and The Prince of Peace.

http://www.markrector.com/where_is_the_blood_of_jesus_christ.htm

In Christ: Phillip

2019/7/8 6:50Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Oh boy, what do we have here? Look at this big mess. What we have here are two camps, those who believe God and His Word and those who dont.

Phillip, pardon my bluntness. I'm not as educated or eloquent as Bro. Marvin or some others but I will as the Bible says use plainness of speech. Even at the risk of being thought harsh or judgemental because I don't want you to go to hell. That's exactly where you are headed if you don't repent.

It doesn't matter what your mentor taught you. It doesn't matter what anybody's preacher or momma and daddy said. The Bible says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

That's why you are messed up sir, because you are trying to justify your position with science. The Bible says avoid oppositions of science falsely so called.

Why is the Word of God not good enough for you? When Jesus was tempted of Satan He answered every time with

IT IS WRITTEN.

He didn't say well here is what science days of the leader of the synagogue down the road teaches.

Your teaching doesn't line up with Scripture. What your mentor taught you doesn't line up with Scripture.

The Bible says let God be true and every man a liar.

The Gospel is simple.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. [4] For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him .

Others have posted these Scriptures but I'll post them again

Hebrews 4:15 KJV
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 2:14-18 KJV
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; [15] And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. [16] For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. [17] Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. [18] For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Jesus was tempted like we are. Bible says Jesus got Hungry. Jesus rested at the well because he was weary. Jesus took naps on the boat. Jesus often time got frustrated with people asking foolish questions when they knew better. Jesus got mad, Jesus cried. Jesus sighed.

1 John 4:1-3 KJV
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. [2] Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: [3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Now we've given you the Bible repeatedly and according to Titus you need to avoid these things making you question the Word of God.

Titus 3:9-11 KJV
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. [10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; [11] Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

See this is important because were not talking about issues like how many songs should the church sing before the preacher gets up or trifles or pet peeves. Were talking about the nature of Jesus the Son of God whom the Scripture makes it painstakingly obvious that He was like us yet without sin.

Believe the Bible. Obey it.

Friend, Bible says much study is a weariness to the flesh. Your weary and confused because you've been trying to find science to line up with the few Scripture you twist to justify you instead of simply taking all the Scripture as it was given to us.

Peter said many wrestle with the Scripture unto their own destruction. Why? Because they can't take it for how it's written. Thatd be to simple.

Don't be one of them. You have everything you need. God has given us everything we need in Scripture. If you can't base what you believe and live by Scripture only, and have to go outside of Scripture for reassurance then you are wrong.

That voice speaking to you isn't the Holy Spirit if it contradicts the Word of God.

Friend, I may sound hateful or harsh but you are on the wrong path.

Your mentor won't be there for you on judgment day, you will have to answer to the Word of God. God won't be interested in what Epigenetic says or science says or your grandma says. He will be looking for those who believed His Word.

We have hope in Jesus that because He was made like unto us and overcame we can overcome also.

Jesus overcame every temptation, trial and obstacle and we can to. Bible says we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us.

Love ya.

2019/7/9 13:40Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The mentor in my post is not mine, it is the mentor of the person who wrote the article which I quoted in this post. Here is the address you can check it out and show me where he is wrong.
http://www.markrector.com/where_is_the_blood_of_jesus_christ.htm

I started this whole Blood of Christ process because I wanted to know how the Blood got on the true mercy seat before the throne of God the Father in the Heavenly sanctuary in Heaven.

There has to be something special in the Blood of Christ for it is the only Blood God would accept for the taking away of the sin of me and the World.

The Blood from Genesis to Revelation is something very big with God, I am trying to understand how important the Blood is for me and what it can do in my "Christ in me" position with what God has done by He that is in me, 1 Corinthians 1:30-31 (KJV) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Hebrews 10:29 (KJV) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Being sanctified by the Blood of Christ is to me a big thing.

In Christ: Phillip

2019/7/9 20:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy