SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: You teaching comes from the antichrist

Vern,

John 1:1-4 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:13-14 (KJV) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Jesus was made flesh and dwelt among us that we might see grace and glory and truth.

I believe the Word of God. Does this sound like Jesus was not born in the flesh which you say I am teaching. It is not so.

In Christ: Phillip

2019/4/18 20:47Profile
cup

Re: What are you now really saying?

So are now you saying that Christ's blood is the same blood that all humans have? Are you now saying that His flesh is the same flesh that all humans have? So then there is NOTHING special or superior about His body or His Blood then any other human person?

2019/4/19 5:26Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Phillip:

I have to agree with Vern, if you interpret the scriptures as the rest of us, Jesus being born a man a hu-man, has human blood and human flesh. This has been the orthodox position for 2000 years.

But the trip-up has been your claim that Jesus blood was a God-blood or some kind of blood other than human blood found in the Adamic race.

Vern's correlation human blood=human being is right.
But yours over the last several posts has been God-blood-in-human-body. This is a hybrid Phillip, a hybrid orthodox Christians have never believed existed.

All I am asking you to believe is
a) Jesus blood is human blood
b) Jesus blood is sinless because Jesus the man is sinless.
c) Blood does not have sinful or sinless 'state's, the man himself has this condition.
d) sin is attributed to the man himself not his blood
e) sinlessness is attributed to the Lord Jesus himself and Jesus blood is accounted worthy to place on the mercy seat because God has judged Jesus life as perfect.
f) blood has no metaphysical qualities.
(what I mean by metaphysical, it has no moral quality intrinsic to its physical characteristics)

Truth is, when any regular Christian says "Jesus is fully human" all the above 6 statements are assumed without mention.
but when someone redefines Jesus blood, those points are brought to bare upon orthodox claims.

2019/4/19 10:05Profile
jochbaptist

Re: Jesus was not born in sin

Vern/ Marvin
We were in Adam when he sinned. Jesus was not. Jesus is the Last Adam.
He became a man like Adam BEFORE Adam sinned. Through one man sin came to us all, and we all died because of sin. Scripture reveals that the man “begets” children, and the woman bears them for him. All children are born in Adam’s likeness, in sin.
Jesus was tempted in the desert on the same points that Man was tested in the garden, but did not sin like Adam. Also through the rest of His time as a man.
God prophesied that the serpent’s head will be crushed by the seed of the WOMAN. God designed it so that the seed of the woman is “neutral”. Not affected by the fall, as Adam’s was. Thus a body could be prepared for Jesus to be born in that was untainted by the fall.
Ps.
Judas’s words suggest that blood has a metaphysical aspect - “I betrayed innocent blood”

2019/4/19 18:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jochb-

As soon as you put into Jesus something that is not human, he is no longer the Jesus revealed in scripture.

You really have to get over this hang-up about the blood. It’s gotten you and Philip very messed up in your thinking.

2019/4/19 20:19Profile
jochbaptist

TMK

Hi Todd.
Where did I say Jesus was not human?
Some imply that Jesus was born with a fallen nature like us. In that case he offered up defiled blood.
The only way Jesus could become truly human, without a fallen nature, is that Mary ‘s seed was unaffected by sin. Which I argue is according to God’s amazing design.
Question- Why did God forbid the offering of a blemished lamb/offering.

2019/4/20 3:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: TMK

//Question- Why did God forbid the offering of a blemished lamb/offering.//

So folks would not sacrifice their one legged or useless animals, as they certainly would have done had it not been for the prohibition. The sacrifice should cost them something.

//The only way Jesus could become truly human, without a fallen nature, is that Mary ‘s seed was unaffected by sin.//

You seem to think that my blood is what causes me to sin. That's a load of rubbish. When I sin, I am sad to say it is because I am tempted when I am lured and enticed by my own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin. James 1:14-15.

Jesus' plain old human blood would not have caused him to sin, either. But it certainly did not prevent Him from being tempted- we know that for certain. He was lured and enticed but in Him the desire never conceived and gave birth to sin. His blood had nothing to do with it. His blood was just a fluid coursing through his veins, providing oxygen and nutrients to the cells of his body. There was nothing mystical about his blood.

2019/4/20 8:37Profile
cup

Re: I aree with Todd 100%

"Jesus' plain old human blood would not have caused him to sin, either. But it certainly did not prevent Him from being tempted- we know that for certain. He was lured and enticed but in Him the desire never conceived and gave birth to sin. His blood had nothing to do with it. His blood was just a fluid coursing through his veins, providing oxygen and nutrients to the cells of his body. There was nothing mystical about his blood."

2019/4/20 8:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Todd, you wrote; """So folks would not sacrifice their one legged or useless animals, as they certainly would have done had it not been for the prohibition. The sacrifice should cost them something."""

Well I must say the body of Jesus was certainly blemished, more than any man. Why would God accept His blood tainted with dirt and grime of the earth in every wound of His body.

Because the blood shed was pure and is the only sacrifice of the second Adam or last what ever you want. The Blood streaming from His wounds was the pure blood, "His own blood", that He Himself would offer on the mercy seat in Heaven, our High Priest offering His own blood for the unfathomable atonement that takes away the sin of the whole world mine and yours by faith, I believe in that blood and thank and praise God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, who all had in their work of the Cross, The end of it being our salvation and the total taking away of our sin forever. Amen

What happened to Jesus' Body on the third day? The resurrection, which was flesh and bone, no blood, correct?
Was He still human? Was He God with resurrected body of flesh and bone? Mary's seed furnished the perfection of her seed which God gave her and prepared her to receive the perfection of the body and blood of His only begotten Son. Jesus could not have entered into Heaven with blood in His veins because it was all poured out for you and me. He entered Heaven with His own Blood in hand our High Priest for ever and sprinkled it on the true mercy seat and on you and me by faith.

Study this very carefully; Galatians 2:17-21 (KJV) But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

The blood of Christ now lives in me, by faith. My sinful blood was shed on the Cross with His pure blood and exchanged by faith to His pure blood that now lives in me by faith, which will be shed at my death and exchanged for His body of flesh and bone Just like His, that I might live in Heaven in our Fathers house forever.

The life of the flesh is in the Blood, which is the life of my flesh now, by faith, His pure blood living in and flowing through my vein, the power of salvation by; I believe it, which is the only pleasing thing to God our Father, our Faith Galatians 2:17-21 (KJV) But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Righteousness came by the Perfect body and blood, the perfect container Body, Soul and Spirit of Jesus Christ, The Last Adam.

In Christ: Phillip

2019/4/20 19:22Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: Phillip

You wrote:
“The blood of Christ now lives in me, by faith. My sinful blood was shed on the Cross with His pure blood and exchanged by faith to His pure blood that now lives in me by faith, which will be shed at my death and exchanged for His body of flesh and bone Just like His, that I might live in Heaven in our Fathers house forever.”

Where exactly in the Bible is this written?

2019/4/20 20:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy