SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

cup; So who is mike?

"""So you are saying Christ did NOT come to earth in human flesh and blood which is a lie and has its roots spirit of antichrist."""

No; That is not what I am saying. Phillip

The blood that Jesus had that was shed was the blood that God His Father gave Him by the virgin birth of Mary, that blood had to be exactly what The Father would accept as the only sacrificial blood of the perfect Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world for those that would believe that Jesus had come in the flesh and has finished the work of the Cross that Jesus came to fulfill for our salvation by believing what He has done.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (WEB) Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

1Jo 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit who confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,

This I believe.

1Jo 4:3 and every spirit who doesn't confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God, and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of whom you have heard that it comes. Now it is in the world already.

1 John 1:7 (WEB) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

1Co 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, isn't it a communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, isn't it a communion of the body of Christ?
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ.
Heb 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
1Pe 1:19 but with precious blood, as of a faultless and pure lamb, the blood of Christ;

This is the Blood I believe in;

In Christ: Phillip

2020/2/23 18:21Profile
cup

RE: Phillip

When I wrote the name Mike - I made a mistake - sorry.

Again I believe all those scriptures but the main reason that the blood is so precious is that fact that is was NORMAL Human Blood.

The Lie you are presenting is saying that Jesus blood was not real human blood at all. Now this lie is NOT scriptural at all and I have shown you scripture that proves that this is a lie.

To state that Christ had "special blood" denies the fact that He came to earth AS A “NORMAL" human with Human flesh, bone and blood. This is what you deny and still deny even after being warned by many others here on SI.

Christ the man when He was on earth had the same flesh, bones and blood as you and I do and He did not sin.

Heb. 2:16-18, "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted."

Our blood is not the source of sin or evil. There is nothing sinful or evil about it. Our blood is NOT our enemy.

Before Adam and Eves sinned there was nothing wrong or sinful about their blood. Their blood had NO part to play in their sin. Christ lived a sinless life but His blood had no part to play in His obedience.

You also said that Christ’s blood kept Him from sinning which is also a lie because He was kept from sinning by faith in His Father. It was God the Father who made a covenant pledge to His Son: "I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness, and will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, as a light to the Gentiles" (Isaiah 42:6). God was saying, "My hand will always be holding on to Yours. You will never be away from My keeping power. I pledge to keep You safe from all the schemes of the devil."

And Christ appropriated this promise of help from His Father: "My God shall be My strength" (Isaiah 49:5), and "I will put My trust in Him" (Hebrews 2:13). He was saying in these verses, "My Father made a covenant with Me, and it's settled. It is good for eternity, because He cannot lie. He said He would be My strength - and now I appropriate all of that promised power."

2020/2/24 7:42Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Cup, question.

Do you have precious blood as Peter proclaimed as of the blood of Christ. Were you virgin born with no human father.

In Christ sprinkled by His blood: Phillip

2020/2/24 8:24Profile
cup

sprinkled by His blood

Yes I have been sprinkled by His precious HUMAN BLOOD and I am in Him and HE is me. In fact HE IS NOW MY LIFE.

2020/2/24 8:44Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: sprinkled by His blood

good answer, He is our only life that pertains to the Father and by faith in us also.

2020/2/24 9:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Value and Use of Blood!
James Smith, 1865

"Not without blood!" Hebrews 9:7

Blood! There is something startling in the sound of blood, and often more startling in the sight of it. Yet every part of the Bible is sprinkled with blood; and from the sin of Adam — to the death of Jesus, God required blood. The blood is the life. When God gave man a being, he required that his life should be spent in his service, to his praise. When man failed to obey, his existence was forfeited — and blood was required. The Son of God, in the everlasting covenant, had engaged to shed His blood for us; in consequence of which, animal blood was demanded in sacrifice — until His blood should be shed. Abel sacrificed and offered blood — so did all the patriarchs. Thus they confessed guilt, acknowledged their desert, agreed to substitution, and exercised faith in a coming Savior.
Under the law, everything was sanctified with blood; priests and people, tabernacle and furniture, the book of the covenant, and even the mercy-seat. Blood was constantly kept before the eyes of the people; and in reference to access to God, acceptance with God, or obtaining blessings from God — the law said, "Not without blood."
When the blood of Jesus was shed — no more blood was required: God was satisfied. But all our privileges, blessings, and enjoyments — now come to us through blood — the precious blood of Jesus. Are we redeemed? It is through the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. Are we justified? It is by His blood. Have we peace? It is through His blood. Let us look at a few particulars, and see the value and use of the blood.
There is no atonement without blood, for "it is the blood which makes atonement for the soul." The blood of Jesus alone could atone for sin. That met the Divine requirements, that honored the Divine government, that laid a foundation on which God and man could meet and be friends. We are reconciled to God — by the death of His Son. We have peace with God — by "faith in His blood." The blood of Jesus made a full, perfect, and everlasting atonement for all sin; that whoever believes may not perish — but have everlasting life.
There is no pardon without blood. We have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of our sins; but, without shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin. God's justice must be satisfied before His grace can be exercised toward sinners; and thus God is just, while He is the justifier of him who believes in Jesus. Through the blood, anyone may obtain pardon, for nothing is easier, nothing is more pleasant to God, than to pardon sinners for the sake of Jesus; hence it is written, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." But while God pardons every sinner who applies for pardon through the blood of Jesus — he will not pardon in any other way; for no blood — no pardon; no pleading the blood — no enjoyment of pardon.
There is no reconciliation to God without blood. Jesus has made peace through the blood of His cross; and it is at the cross, and at the cross alone — that God will meet sinners, and receive them into His favor and friendship. God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself; and it is through the blood of Jesus — that He manifests His pity, compassion, and infinite love now; and it is the manifestation of His pity, compassion, and love — which breaks our hearts, produces evangelical repentance, fills us with holy love, and so reconciles us to God's character, perfections, and government.
There is no access to God without blood. The way to the mercy-seat was sprinkled with blood, and the blood in the basin was carried in the hand of the priest when he went into the holiest; so that the first thing that the eye of God saw, was the blood, and on account of that, he accepted both priest and people. It is through Jesus — Jesus as the slain Lamb — that we, both Jews and Gentiles, have access by one Spirit unto the Father. The new and living way into the holiest is consecrated for us by the blood of our great High Priest, and we have now access with confidence by the faith of Him.
There is no subduing sin without blood. Unpardoned sin is unconquered sin; for we can never subdue sin, unless it is brought into contact with the blood of Christ. If the weeds of sin fade and die — it is because the blood of Jesus is laid at the roots. The more we exercise faith in the blood of Jesus — the more power we gain over our corruptions, and the more easily we overcome our evil propensities.
There is no cleansing from sin without blood. Guilt will adhere to the conscience, torment the spirit, confuse the judgment, and produce a thousand horrid fears — until the blood of Jesus is sprinkled upon it. But if we walk in the light, as our God is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. All sin — every sin — every stain — every trace of sin! Thus the blood of Christ purges our consciences from dead works, to serve the living and the true God. Precious, precious blood of Jesus!
There is no conquering Satan without blood. He cares not for our reasonings. He laughs at many of our feeble attempts to conquer him. But the blood of Jesus makes him tremble and flee before us. Hence it is written of the tempted and persecuted saints of old, that though the old serpent the Devil deceived the whole world — "they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives unto the death." Satan will surely flee before us, if we resist him steadfast in the faith; steadfastly believing in the infinite virtue and everlasting efficacy of the blood of Jesus.
There is no walking with God without blood. No criminal can be permitted to enjoy the friendship and fellowship of the Sovereign; and such are we, until the blood is apprehended by us, and applied to us. If I would come to God, enjoy peace with God, realize acceptance before God, and hold close and intimate communion with God — it must be through the blood of His dear Son! I must therefore daily use the blood, washing my robes and making them white in the blood of the Lamb.
There is no peace in death without blood. Death dissipates a thousand vain imaginations, destroys a thousand false refuges, and strips off a thousand false coverings. Many have found that what did for health and ease — will not do for sickness and death. Nothing but the blood of Christ, at the root of our profession, as the ground of our hope, as our plea at the throne of grace — will give us peace in the hour of death. But if we see the worth and excellency of the blood of Jesus, if we rely on it alone for our acceptance with God, if we oppose it to our sins, doubts, and fears — there will be peace; solid, settled, substantial peace. There is no admission to heaven — without blood!
Our title-deeds must be signed with blood, or our claim to the heavenly mansions will not be admitted. We go to heaven — because Jesus left it, came to earth, and died to entitle us to it; and if we attempt to go on any other grounds, we shall be rejected and eternally expelled. No blood — no heaven. The priest dared not enter the holiest of all, which typified heaven, without blood; nor shall we be allowed to pass over the threshold of the celestial city — without the blood of Jesus on us.
Finally, no boldness at the judgment, without blood. This alone will blot out our sins, justify our persons, meet all the demands made upon us, and silence every accuser who rises up against us. Only the blood of Jesus will do all this! For ten thousand worlds, I would not meet God in judgment — without the blood of Jesus. But if His blood . . .
satisfies justice,
magnifies the law,
harmonizes the Divine attributes,
blots out all my sins,
justifies my person,
cleanses my garments,
silences all my accusers, and
brings the greatest possible glory to God by my salvation
— why should I fear the judgment? Shall I not boldly face it, and with everlasting joy rejoice in my acquittal at it? Precious blood of Jesus! I will seek grace to have more to do with You, to exercise more confidence in You, and to speak more of You than ever I have done!
There must be blood on the altar — where we place our sacrifices.
There must be blood on that mercy-seat — where we offer our prayers.
There must be blood on the conscience — when it passes its verdict.
For, except this is the case . . .
our sacrifices will not be accepted,
our prayers will not be heard, and
our consciences will condemn us.
In reference therefore to every duty I perform, every privilege I enjoy, every prospect I anticipate — I will say, "Not without blood!"
In reference to every hope I cherish, every blessing I desire, every conquest I seek — I will say, "Not without blood!"
I will expect no peace of conscience,
no joy in the Holy Spirit,
no success in my work,
no admission into heaven,
without blood!
But for all I ask of God, for all I desire in time, and all I hope for in eternity — I will plead (have faith in) the blood of Jesus, and the blood of Jesus alone! No blood — no pardon!
No blood — no peace!
No blood — no vigorous graces!
No blood — no salvation!
For all religion is delusion,
all faith is presumptuous,
all joys are deceptions —
which do not spring from, or which are not sustained by, the blood of the Lamb, slain from the foundation of the world!

2020/3/12 23:40Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"""KENNETH SMITH 'The Blood of the Everlasting Covenant' in Free Church Witness, March 2005, page 4
"He must also pay for their sins by suffering and dying in their place. His blood must be shed to redeem them.

The Blood
When we speak of the blood of Christ, we refer to His offering the sacrifice of Himself to satisfy divine justice on our behalf. Personally innocent, He would take the sinner's place, answer for the sins of His people, and be counted as guilty before God's justice. It is more that the literal piercing of His side by the Roman soldier. They did indeed pierce His side and blood and water flowed out, as was foretold in Scripture. The shedding of blood indicates the taking of a life. This is shown early in the Scriptures where God said to Cain concerning his murdered brother, 'the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground'. Concerning the Levitical sacrifices the Lord said, 'The life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul'. When the paschal lamb was slain the blood had to be shed and sprinkled. Those offerings never made 'the comers thereunto perfect'; they had no saving efficacy in them. However, they foreshadowed the only blood that could bring salvation.

Amazing Condescension
The blood of the 'everlasting covenant', is the blood of the 'Man' Christ Jesus." """

Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

This is the Highest God has given His children by the precious Blood of His beloved Son Jesus Christ:

Galatians 2:20 (KJV) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

By the only blood that could bring salvation.

In Christ: Phillip

2020/4/5 9:52Profile
cup

The blood

Phillip,

I do agree with all these scriptures about the PRECIOUS BLOOD of Christ but the fact that it was NORMAL HUMAN BLOOD makes it so. If Christ's blood was not 100% human it would have been COMPLETELY WORTHLESS and would make salvation IMPOSSIBLE!!

2020/4/6 6:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy