SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Spirit, Soul, Body?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:Rhomphaeam

Hi Robert,

Thank you for responding to my question.

God bless.

2018/12/25 23:24Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: CofG

Hi Robert,

Thanks for starting this thread.

Good food for thought.

Blessings.

2018/12/25 23:26Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: TrueWitness

Hi Daniel,

Robert posted this scripture:

Gen 7:21 - All flesh that [fn]moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind;
7:22 - of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died.

You said:
“I notice that the verse you quoted about animals doesn't refer to the spirit of the animal but instead refers to "nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life". In Hebrew the word for wind and spirit is the same and in this verse you see it mentions breath right before spirit so this use of spirit is talking about the "wind of life" that occupies breathing animals. They stop breathing and they die. It isn't implying that dumb animals have a spirit like humans do. This is a different use of the Hebrew word "spirit". Context is everything.”

My question:

Notice that Gen. 7:21-22 includes “and all mankind”. After the fall man retained his vastly superior intellect but in LIFE itself could man’s life have fallen to the level of animal life so that just like the animals,

Gen. 3:19 –
For you are dust,
And to dust you shall return.

Blessings.

2018/12/25 23:27Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: InTheLight

Hi Ron,

You wrote:
“Mankind is created in the image of God and this is what makes him so unique on our universe of created beings…………Take this away and then mankind is on the same level as the beasts……………”

My question:
Was Adam after his fall still in the image of God?

Blessings.

2018/12/25 23:31Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Jade,

Gen 7:21 The "all mankind" in this verse just means everyone on Earth perished in the Flood just like all other animals. It doesn't mean we are identical in nature with animals.

When God created Adam, Adam had a spirit whose function was to commune and interact with God and also rule his soul. When Adam fell, his connection with God was severed but he still retained a spirit however his spirit fell into disuse because now Adam and Eve were filled with KNOWLEDGE (of good and evil) so now they were ruled by the soul. They never received life in their spirits but we can, now that salvation through new birth in Jesus is available.

-Daniel

2018/12/26 9:06Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Jade

Quote:
Was Adam after his fall still in the image of God?

Indeed he still bears the image even after the fall, he is still able to have communion with God through Jesus Christ our Lord. It is the fact that mankind is made in God's image that makes him human and unique among created beings. If mankind lost that image he would cease to be human. It is because he retains this image, though fallen, that Christ considered him worthy of redemption.

This is an important point, not just in theology but also in how we practically value human life.

In Christ,

2018/12/26 10:14Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Daniel,

Don't have time now. Will reply later.

2018/12/26 22:01Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Ron,

If Adam after the fall still bore the image of God, then if one looked at Adam one would still see a reflection of the nature, holiness, life and glory of God.

But look at fallen man. He is everything that God is NOT.

It is Satan’s lie that fallen man will be “like God” (Gen. 3:5).

Also, we do not value FALLEN human life.

Phil. 3:8 –
More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,

Men need to be saved so that their fallen human life will be done away with and they will be filled with the holy, glorious, incorruptible and indestructible life of God and once again be in the image of God through Jesus Christ.

ADD:
We value men and seek to save them through Christ but their fallen life is garbage.

2018/12/26 22:02Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Re:
The image of God,...

Adam was made in the image of God,....

But what does it mean by being made in the image of God ?

What is the image of God ?

*God’ image is all His attributes,...
* The Word says , God is invisible,... He is Spirit
*God is The Word, and The Spirit of The Word

So , this is the image that was created in Adam....The very ‘Life’ of God.

* The first Adam was tempted, and fell,.. (failed)
* The second Adam was tempted, but did not surcumb to the temptation,.. never sinned,..
(Jesus: The true image of the invisible God)

* The Tree of Life:
Gen.3:24,
“So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”

Two things here to consider,
(1) the flaming sword,... which I believe is *The Word of God, that keeps
(2) ‘the way’,.. of The Tree of Life—

Jesus is The Tree of Life

There is ONLY one ‘way’ to ‘the Tree of Life

Jesus said, “I Am the door”.....
..... through The Blood of Jesus,...

So now, through The Blood of Jesus, we can eat of that ‘Tree of Life’,.. and live forever.

* Jesus is ‘The Tree of Life

* The Bread of Life,...

Jn.6:48,50,51,..
“ I am that bread of life.”

“This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.“

“ Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.”

54 “Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life;”

“I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

Must we continue to eat of this Bread, in order to have ‘Life’,.. and Life more abundantly?
* but, what is this ‘Bread’ ?

* does it come from ‘The Tree of Life’ ?

Just some thoughts,

——————♥️
elizabeth

2018/12/26 22:27Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Daniel,

I am not saying that man has the same nature as animals. I am suggesting that after Adam’s fall, man’s life fell to the same level as that of the animals………just dust and returns to dust.

This is the account of man’s creation:

Gen. 2:7 (KJV) –
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

MY VIEW

I see 2 main parts in the man God created:

(1) Dust of the ground

This is the earthly/creaturely part of man that is similar with animals with this major difference:

Animals have a physical body/life governed by instinct.

Man has a physical body/life that he can live independently by “flesh” .

(2) God’s breath of life

Animals do not have this.

God’s breath of life in man gives man God’s own life and makes him into the image of God. So long as Adam was living out of God’s life, he was above his “flesh” and was not ruled by it.

On the day that Adam ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he lost the life of God (and the image of God) in him and in losing the only true life, he died. When this happened, he fell into the earthly/creaturely part of him and became led by “flesh”. His physical and “fleshly” life did not end immediately but over time degenerated and decayed till he returned to dust.

I don’t see a reference to man’s spirit in this creation account.

ADD:

Adam would have ceased to exist forever but God moved immediately to save Adam by giving the seed of the woman.

2018/12/27 8:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy