SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Running away from your problems?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes, if only to help us pray more fervently.

The devil is a bully and he will push us in the chest over and over again saying “what you gonna do about it punk?”... until we resist.

2018/12/8 17:37Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

If I was praying like that I would have to be careful that a temptation to a root of bitterness didn't suddenly spring in my mind to tempt me. As being in that heightened state of prolonged desire for an answer can cause an anxious state. And the mind becomes unstable. The devil will tempt us in our weakness. And be careful as many strong people have backslidden. This isn't to discredit anyone's faith. We are all susceptible.

2018/12/9 5:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Because anger has been listed in the catalog of sins Christians have labeled all anger as sin and so will shy away from situations that might produce a flash of anger. Yet, Scripture still tell us to be angry and sin not indicating there is room for it that is not sinful. Then you have Jesus'example of cleansing the temple with whips.

Given the proliferation of perversion and how it works to wear down the Believer how can one live in this culture and not be impacted at some point? Or, getting closer to where the rubber meets the road, family who choose to live in rebellion, how do you deal with it? Obviously, throwing a temper tantrum will not work; reasoning does not work.... How far can one go being 'friendly' and not become tolerant of sin? (Am thinking about the warning Jesus is giving to the church at Pergamon - Rev. 2:12-17.)

Sandra

2018/12/9 9:31Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi Sandra

you said

"What makes the situation doubly difficult is when the situation is caused by a very religious person who is narcissistic to the core"

You are so right with this i was nearly driven to suicide twice because of one of these. I would pray and pray for them and they would come against me more and more until i lost everything. A good father of the faith said to me cut ties straight away and forget all of your earthly wealth attached to that person as they are like hooks to their venom. I did just that and for the first time depression left me and my life turned around.

I have 2 others in my life that are like this and God has been teaching me how to pray against the spirits in the back ground (Ephesians) and how to escape the traps they leave around.

I have never dealt with these before and it really tests every part of you spiritually. Physically i have to be humble but spiritually in prayer i have to be aggressive. I deal with these people everyday but it definatly sorts out what is truth and what is false in your foundations in the word.

but to the glory of God 1x of these is starting to show signs of a repentance even if it is only slight at the moment.

2018/12/9 22:31Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

What makes these situations doubly difficult is when you know that unless repentance is forthcoming you know these people's destination is hell. On the one hand you will know they will deserve it but on the other hand you know there will never be any relief from its horror/pain and you cringe all over and almost panic because you do not want this to be the case for this individual. Then I remember how Jesus suffered and died to spare mankind from this horror and if sinners reject this solution so would it not be fair to discard them to a hell? I know it would. Then I understand the anger God has towards those that choose to reject Him.

We cannot make the choices for others but we can make our own and at times the consequences test us to the limit.

Sandra

2018/12/10 10:02Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Forgive me brothers and sisters for letting you wait so long!

First thank you all for your input, much food for thought. I will try to write more later. But for now...

@Todd - No, I cannot get angry at the situation, because it involves people I love very much, also of the household of faith.

I think, I know what I will do. My reaction - is self protection. But actually we as Christians are like firemen, policemen, paramedics and soldiers - we run TO the situations from which others flee! At least that is our calling! To fight the good fight of faith. I think, I will just ask the Lord to give me the grace and strenght (physical,spiritual and psychical) to carry it through till God be glorified.

Isn't He the God who said: "Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me." Psalm 50:15

2018/12/11 16:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Is the devil behind the “situation?”

2018/12/11 17:51Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Quote:
Is the devil behind the situation?

I think so. But I myself don't understand the whole situation. I mentioned some of that in a previous post, concerning my falmily.

There is a lot of chaos, being produced by the enemy. There are many mistakes that have been done in the meantime, and many hearts have been and are broken over the issue(s)...

"These six things doth the LORD hate:... A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." - Proverbs 6

2018/12/14 18:05Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re:

Sis Sandra, thank you also very much for your response.

Quote:
What makes the situation doubly difficult is when the situation is caused by a very religious person who is narcissistic to the core

Well, I would not call any in the situation narcissistic. But I do not understand why I cannot help people change their perspective / attitude / bury the past and build up a better future.

2018/12/14 18:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy