SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : ??? Grace a 2010 yr article ????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Re:

????,

(Song)
“The Love of God”

NOTE. !
I AM SORRY,.. the wrong song came up,..
it is this one intended:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgdbx-5PDuA

(I have taken the wrong one off)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We know,... without a doubt !!!, that God, .. The Father,.. loves us.

But when it says ‘The love of God, in The Word, ...it is not always just being said, His love for us,... ..... are we always that self - centered, selfish to not consider that it is talking about ‘our love for Him’ , ?

When we read The Word, ,..... (Him),,.... do we not include all of what He is telling,... or saying to us, before we make a decision to put an explanation point or a period ??,.. or just a period, for that matter?... before we
take into consideration ,what He is saying to us, as a whole.

It is not always easy to say things here,.... because we know ,... the true Word brings reproach.....

But the love for man , and the love for God constrains me.

♥️
——————-
elizabeth

2018/9/8 12:06Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Dear Bro Todd,
Re:
The Scripture you gave,..

Acts16:30-31,
“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 ¶ And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”

Ok, please !
Can we take a closer look / examination of what is taking place here

*Paul has a vision:

“And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.“

Who was this man in this vision ?,... it does not say.

We know that we cannot come to God, except He draw us.
And that it is the Grace of God that does that work.
( the work of God in our lives)
( For it is by Grace that ye are saved, through faith)

So God prepared this man ‘s heart,..to be saved.
(A turning away from His life ,..to the Life, that is in God.)

And yet,.. does this Grace continue, through Christ IN US, to work in our lives ? ..... not only initally, but continues to save us from our sins ?

Oh what strength and persuasion !

Faith in believing this persuasion and direction.

Remembering Paul,... after he was initially saved....
He was going through something, and was praying to The Lord for The Lord to help him, ....... ( I believe he needed saving from something that he vieued as contrary to God’ will in his life) ( actually I believe it was a spirit of puffed upness, because The Lord’ revealing much ito Him),...and The Lord said, “ My Grace is sufficient for thee”,... the provision that God had for Paul and for us,...
“The Spirit of Grace”, working in us to bring glory to God,.. ( The Word of God)....

————————♥️
elizabeth

2018/9/10 10:26Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

You seem to be describing grace as a substance, a physical “thing.” But grace is really just a descriptive term.

“By grace you are saved through faith” simply means if you believe in the finished work of Jesus on the cross and what that entails, that God will save you because God has now granted favor (grace) upon you because of what Jesus did.

The topic of grace should not be as convoluted as some of these posts seem to make it.

2018/9/10 12:11Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Dear Brother,
Re:
you said,:
“You seem to be describing grace as a substance, a physical “thing.” But grace is really just a descriptive term. ”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please !, I will try to explain,..

The Spirit of Grace is a Spirit, .. which mean it is, Living’,..Alive, because it is The Spirit of God,.. which is really The Spirit of The Word, drawing us to God [ward].

When The Lord said, “It is finished “, ( and may I add , that many believe as you do),.. but I believe it means, He is saying, “It is finished “,.. I have made a Way for you now,..through His Way.

Jesus says , “I Am” “The Way”, “The Truth”, and “The Life”

Who is The “I Am” ? ,.. God is The I Am ,.. The Spirit / Word ,...
,..Jesus only spoke the Words of His Father ,..
Jesus said , (in this order)
I am, “the Way”
“The Truth”
“The Life

Since God is a God of order, I believe , His Words are precisely in order,.. wouldn’t you say ?

So ,I believe we would have to go in ,..
*His Way,..which is. ,..
Through “His,Truth,..
If we are to have “Life”,... and that more abundantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re:
You said,
“The topic of grace should not be as convoluted as some of these posts seem to make it.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus said, “The Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit and they are Life.”
So if His Words that He speaks to us is Spirit,(and they are) then wouldn’t they necessarily have to be Spiritually discerned?

And Please !, I am briefly trying to bring some important clarity to things that I am saying.... NO ARGUMENT,.. hoping to help.. in the Spirit of Love—Always !

———————-♥️
elizabeth

2018/9/10 15:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It seems I just can’t grasp what you are saying. I appreciate you trying to clarify. I am a reasonably intelligent and educated person so I guess I can’t spiritually discern it!

2018/9/10 20:26Profile
Elibeth

Re:

I am sorry, Brother-
Wish I could help-🙏

———————-♥️

elizabeth

2018/9/10 20:36Profile

Re:

Great to read this thread..

2018/9/11 5:00
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Hey Todd,

Nothing wrong with your discernment, brother :) and well you know it.

I am proposing that we are probably discussing two sides of the same coin.
Grace outside of us, in Christ, on the cross, between Him and the Father, dying for the whole world.
Grace operational within, bringing us to faith in Christ at the hearing of the gospel, and revealing Christ in us that we may confess Him and proclaim Him. This grace is the Spirit Himself operational within us.

John says:" for of His fullness have we received and grace upon grace (giftings, empowerments, enablements)
Paul prayed and was answered thus:" my grace is sufficient for you...(the supply of the Spirit of grace, enabling Paul to endure and persevere)

While I will not go as far as to say that grace is Christ, yet it flows from Him and cannot be separated from His person. As we draw on Him and feed on Him by faith, we receive a fresh supply of grace (spiritual invigoration and life, strength, enablement)

God bless,

2018/9/11 10:57Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Anthropomorphisms are metaphorical/analogy

An attribute of God is not God himself. God is love...God is not an abstract Love or grace or peace or mercy though God possesses those attributes in perfection.

I think it is fair to use the vernacular "Jesus is grace personified, or Jesus is love personified". Personification brings the attribute out of existential realm and into the actions of a human. Jesus did this.

But the Spirit, or the Father or Jesus are persons in the Triune God; the aseity of God should not be confused with attributes. Attributes should not be confused with the personage.

The personage of God encompasses the attributes of love, mercy, grace, power, knowledge etc. But the attributes exclude each other because one thing is not another.
Love is not Justice, Love is not wrath, peace is not anger which those things mentioned God himself declares himself to own.

2018/9/11 11:16Profile
cup

The Spirit of grace

Zec 12:10,"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

2018/9/11 16:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy