Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The good and bad of Billy Graham

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Billy Graham

Thanks Robert,

Don't want to put words in his mouth, but think that perhaps RT's intent sounds different than he may have meant. Just as you pointed out here very well, there are quite a number of things to factor in and I keep bringing to mind Noah towards the end of his life and the resulting actions of his sons, two covered and one exposed.

Quote:
We get so caught up in police-ing each other that we do more damage pointing out each others errors than the errors themselves.

Too true, it is something that in all honesty have learned much humility through this forum going back so many months now. Can still recall wondering why some of the more seasoned saints were not as up in arms over certain aspects of things that I would find so grievous or compromising and largely found it to be a side stepping of my own conscience. A putting on the battle array in Gods defense all the while silencing or stuffing down the areas the Lord was goading me towards. In other words, found that taking the plank out of my own eye was a bit more complicated than I had imagined.

Quote:
Go tell a new convert Billy Graham is false and see what you do to their faith if they came to Christ in that crusade.

[i]"It is better...."[/i] Mar 9:42

2005/7/5 10:16Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Hi Bro. Mike,

Quote:
Don't want to put words in his mouth, but think that perhaps RT's intent sounds different than he may have meant

Sometimes I come off a bit too strong and have to apologize. Such is the case. My apologies to RT!

I hope that really we will give grace to these folks as the get old and consider what their life stood for and the ministry when they were "on their game." I do not want to remember Billy Graham for an interview he gave at 80+ years old when under the delusion of a mind killing disease- but for the firey messages he brought forth under the unction of God that would grip my dad when I was a child while he was in the throes of alcoholism. Believers may not get much from the message- but I can tell you God has met a many a sinner in those messages.

In ministry in nursing homes and coming from a family that has much experience working with the elderly I have watched time take the minds of God-fearing and God-loving people. Disease would come and the person that was so Christlike and loving would do things that surely God must wink at. I watched a holiness woman loose her mind in fear for her soul. I have known many a Christian man and woman that lost their whole personality until their children did not understand how it could be. This is real life. These are former preachers and teachers and expositors of the scriptures. People who loved God. The question is- now will we love them?

Quote:
Can still recall wondering why some of the more seasoned saints were not as up in arms over certain aspects of things that I would find so grievous or compromising and largely found it to be a side stepping of my own conscience. A putting on the battle array in Gods defense all the while silencing or stuffing down the areas the Lord was goading me towards. In other words, found that taking the plank out of my own eye was a bit more complicated than I had imagined.

Wonderfully put Bro. Mike!

2005/7/5 11:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy