SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am a young earth creationist is there any other people

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I pretty much believe the Genesis account I just think it compresses the time. I just think the creation of the universe happened a long time ago at God’s command and then at a more recent date God created animals and humans. But I do not believe humans coexisted with dinosaurs unless there were a very few stragglers left. Crocs are essentially dinosaurs. I believe in a literal garden of Eden and literal Adam and Eve and a literal fall. I believe in a literal but probably local flood (but it may have been worldwide) and I don’t believe dinosaurs were on the ark. I am not sure how to explain other flood accounts that predated Genesis like the Epic of Gilgamesh. There are other very ancient flood stories in various cultures.

I believe animal and plant death occurred prior to the fall (eg animals ate plants) and I believe that the death spoken of that resulted from the fall was human spiritual death although obviously humans died physically after the fall.

I am not sure what to do with very ancient sites like Gobekli Tepe in Turkey and where they fit in the Bible narrative. Not sure what to do with very primitive “cave men” and Neanderthals and where they fit in the narrative because per the Bible man was pretty advanced from day one.

I’m just rambling but to summarize I believe God spoke the universe into existence and Genesis 1 is a cliff notes version of what that entailed.

2018/6/7 20:24Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/05/29/discovery-reptilian-mammal-fossil-could-rewrite-history.html

When you read the article, have a read of the comments as well. You will see what I am talking about, where atheist, skeptic and agnostic use this sort of thing as 'good as gold' to further evolutionary claims.

Notice the condescending remarks to anyone not buying into evolution, notice the jargon tossing and pretended knowledge that evolution is a proven fact. Yet, when the research is done, you find these commenters are as ill informed as any cultist is about the bible, they take what the want and manufacture the rest.

This is exactly the same trough that O.E.C. drink from and then offer it to me as if its 'good as gold'.

The article is a dead end for 'transitional species' but it serves as a talking point for so many of our college students and graduates. This is the strangest thing, but so true to human nature...they relish the idea that we came from some fish or rat, yet find it repulsive for someone to believe we were made in the image of God.

Those comments show the battle field for the minds of a generation. But, as I have often said...here at SI, nothing is worth dying for, Kay sara sara whatever will be will be.
Who cares about old earth and new earth, who cares about the Genesis question? We love Jesus right? Really? maybe we do maybe we dont, but one thing is certain, those atheists will not hear an authoritative and convincing word from Christian who does not believe what the scripture teach.

someone will say "Just live out the love of God". yes, do, but dont be a dummy about what they believe, why they believe it and have something to offer besides "now Dr so-and-so says".

As I see it, if you never intend to confront the errors spoken through so many...tell me again just how your silence and well-wishing is going to help them?

2018/6/8 1:51Profile

Re:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_Altamira

It's funny to read the article about the cave paintings of Altamira, Spain. One claims that mineral deposits in the cave date back to 18,000 years, & a 2008 "scientific" surveys says the paintings themselves were completed over a period of 20,000 years! What remarkable "consistency" in style, not to mention art supplies.

Oh, the folly of man.

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh.

2018/6/8 3:42
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Marvin for some reason I could not see any comments but I am sure they are as you describe. You see atheistic liberal comments on any article that allows comments. On CNNs main page 80% of the articles are devoted to Trump bashing in the guise of “news.”

I still think you are grossly exaggerating what a belief in OE does. It does no damage whatsoever to the way I view the rest of scripture, the gospel, etc.

I’ve said before that it doesn’t matter to me how old the universe is. I am just not a fan of OE Christians being branded as scripture denying liberal evolution accepting heretics. It’s crazy but there is more sympathy toward flat eart believing Christians than for OE believers. I suspect this is true because a flat earth belief is so ridiculous that it’s proponents can be patronizingly patted on the head with the comment “that’s so cute.” But OE evidence is not so easily dismissed and for some reason it strikes fear in certain evangelicals. All I can say to that is “Fear not!”

2018/6/8 7:27Profile
jochbaptist

Re:

Hi TMK
"I still think you are grossly exaggerating what a belief in OE does. It does no damage whatsoever to the way I view the rest of scripture, the gospel, etc. "

OE proponents directly contradict this scripture - “For in six days the LORD made THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH, THE SEA AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy. Exodus 20:11

Also, why would you consider a possible local flood when scripture clearly states that - "the water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that ALL THE HIGH MOUNTAINS EVERYWHERE UNDER THE HEAVENS were covered"? -Genesis 7:19

Something else to think about concerning the "BIG BANG" ....
http://www.icr.org/article/big-bang-biblical

Edited to add-

Also Interesting .... http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FAQ110.html#wp11911539
Although I don't endorse some of his ideas, just interesting takes on a lot of aspects of Creation.

Blessings

2018/6/8 11:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//OE proponents directly contradict this scripture//

Not true, but no need to go into all that again. A better way to say it is that they do not believe the days to be literal 24 hr days.

ADD: "But if you will look in the first chapter of Genesis, you will see there more particularly set forth that peculiar operation of power upon the universe which was put forth by the Holy Spirit; you will then discover what was his special work. In Ge 1:2, we read, “And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” We do not know how remote the period of the creation of this globe may be—certainly many millions of years before the time of Adam. Our planet has passed through various stages of existence, and different kinds of creatures have lived on its surface, all of which have been fashioned by God.“ ~~Charles Spurgeon

2018/6/8 12:26Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I am not sure how to explain other flood accounts that predated Genesis like the Epic of Gilgamesh. There are other very ancient flood stories in various cultures.
-------------------------------

Todd have you read them because I have I have read Enimu Elushu and the Epic of Gilgamesh, I have read

Old Testament Parallels (New Revised and Expanded Third Edition): Laws and Stories from the Ancient Near East

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Testament-Parallels-Revised-Expanded-Third-ebook/dp/B005UYSOUE/ref=sr_1_9?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1528472478&sr=1-9&keywords=near+eastern+text

Because if you read them you will discover lists of Gods aslong as my arm and so much weird things that happen in these stories

The Ancient Near East: An Anthology of Texts and Pictures
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0691147264/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--------------------------
It is sonething to wonder how technologically advanced we would be had Adam not sinned. I assume it would beyond imagination but who knows.

Some of our technology is because of a christian worldview science looking for Alien life spending massive amounts of money looking for things that we know according to scripture do not exist or looking at evidence and then getting crazy and prepostarus things, there was a recent article that was in the new scientist that Pluto was formed from loads of massive comets considering that we got the diameter of pluto wrong.

To me Evolutionary science does not develop real science in how God Creatures are made and what are places like Uranus and Neptune like rather than sending another Probe to find life on places like Mars scouring with rovers looking for life. We cant even get out the Solar System. I find it crazy to think that the nearest star system Alpha Centuri it would take 4 light years to get there. Yet we as humans know exactly how the Universe started when we cant even travel to the nearest star or animals like the giant squid alluded scientists for years.

Science Papers can lie, look at how many retractions that happen in scientific papers.
https://retractionwatch.com/2018/03/

I like Science but Science without God as before Lister. People thought that things like Germs spontaneously was created from nothing, before Charles Lyle people did not believe the World was millions of years old.

When we look at fossils you cannot explain fossilisation by millions of years, If you do the calculations it works out that for every 10mm it would take thousands of years to cover a dinosaur toe but yet the fossil is completely preserved. How can a dinosaur be completely covered or any other animal! It is crazy that you have to think like this that every million years you may bury a dinosaur foot if you think evolutionary. This is the difference between creationist and evolutionist.
If a fish dies it goes to the top of the river or ocean it does not get preserved in stone as it need alot of pressure.

Poly strata fossils going between layers causes massive problems for evolution.

Lawrence Krauss even thou is an evolutionist posses so many problems for ALien life such as the laws of physic as how long would it take for life to get here from distant stars. You struggle with Newtons equations and also the Theory of Relativity. You would also need infinite energy to get up to Light Speed, then you struggle with Newtons Equations as a speck of dust is dangerous, it is also interesting the fact that people who have seen so called aliens is that they deny Jesus that all religions lead to God and when people rebuke them in the name of Jesus they disappear.

I believe in a literal worldwide flood because the fossil evidence points to it! As fossils of fish eating fish cannot be produced through millions of years, Dr John Mackay talked about the amount of humans that where found with dinosaurs and were put in warehouses because it disagreed with the evolutionary narrative.

Things like Shark teeth on the highest mountains in the world! I believe the bible when it talks about the world wide flood.

The best one is a place called Goble Teke it is a place in Turkey it is one of the oldest archaology sites but according to evolutionist, stone age man should exist but it is a fully civilised culture! Big problem and the dating is bad for evolutionist!

2018/6/8 13:15Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey dom I am not comparing Gilgamesh etc to scripture just pointing out that there are numerous flood stories that predate the writing of Genesis. Because if the flood wiped out everyone except Noah’s family and the story was passed down through them how did these flood stories, disparate but similar in many respects, come to be?

2018/6/8 14:31Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Have you read them

2018/6/8 17:20Profile
jochbaptist

What is next? Quoting Star Wars to refute Scripture ?!

“A better way to say it is that they do not believe the days to be literal 24 hr days.“

That is phisically impossible. How could trees grow and bear fruit without the sun, that was only created the next day? Or in OE terms, a few million years later?
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Concerning the global/ local flood issue, the Scripture I quoted -“all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered” - that says it pretty clear.

Please don’t boldly go where the Bible have not gone before ;)

2018/6/8 18:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy