SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am a young earth creationist is there any other people

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Who here has suggested there was no historical literal Adam? Certainly not I.

And no one else has- so why do you bring this up??

2018/6/7 8:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Speaking of the Mars Curiosity rover there is supposed to be some sort of a major announcement today at 2pm EST. I’m curious!

2018/6/7 12:15Profile
savannah

Re: Curiosity and the dead cat

I heard that they discovered some Martians who are communicating that they evolved from humans to Martians billions of years ago.

They promised to take them to their library and show them their history books written by their great martian scientists who are experts in their field. They were written millions of years ago.

I can't wait to order one through the Mars Amazon network!

I'm curious!

See you when I get back from my vacation to Jupiter.

2018/6/7 13:36Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The only problem is that humans were only here 6000 or so years ago so the math doesn’t work.

What y’all going to do when they announce they’ve found life or signs of life? Might not be today but it’s coming in the not too far distant future.

2018/6/7 14:00Profile

Re:

Everything pertaining to life & godliness is found in the Scriptures. We all agree with that verse.

I don't think they'll find life on Mars, Todd---certainly not advanced life forms. If so, wouldn't the Bible speak of such? Revelation speaks of many events yet future. Where are the aliens? Outside of our Lord & humanity only angels & demons are mentioned as having higher intelligence.

Personally, I believe all of these other planets are wastelands---too hot or too cold---which only points to God's loving care in making this world habitable for humanity.

But in the ages to come?

Perhaps we will see firsthand some new creation on other worlds.

2018/6/7 14:21
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Well I am no advocate for advanced alien life but it seems microbes are just as problematic (not to me, but to some folks) because life is life. If nothing else it would affirm the Bible does not tell us everything, but we already know that.

If there is life on Mars or elsewhere God put it there for His purposes.

2018/6/7 14:52Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi todd: I think you hit the nail on the head. The skeptic/agnostic atheist cannot accept that this world was made for the habitation of man and the meeting place of God and man. In order to dismiss that idea, a lot of varied and complex theories are generated. No God, no supernatural, no miracle, no afterlife, no truth to biblical narratives. With those falsehoods anchored in their soul they proceed to undermine the whole world with the vanity of their minds.

I fully believe in both man and the world that was created for him. Eden created as the meeting place for man and God, now Jesus Christ superseding that by living in man and man living in God. Yet all of this is dependent upon the veracity of scripture. Modern science simply says..." this ancient myth is a coping mechanism, designed to answer ignorant men before we scientist came along and solved the problems of fire, water and weather".

It does all funnel into the living faith one has in the testimony of scripture.

As a YEC I don't have answers for every science question that comes my way; yet, I have found this modern science has no ability to solve mans problems, even when it has nuclear power...all it can do with it is find ways to blow himself up. He cannot fix himself, he cannot do anything but live like the sinner he is. At the end of the day, modern science is just idolatry packaged in a form that suits the modern mans reasoning. It is no different than Baal, our culture bows to it and has built the culture around the worship of it.

As a Christian I see this clearly, I recognize babylon

2018/6/7 16:00Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But taken to your logical conclusion it would seem old order Amish are the only ones doing things right- at least from a technology/science standpoint. But of course they come up with schemes to bend the rules.

It is sonething to wonder how technologically advanced we would be had Adam not sinned. I assume it would beyond imagination but who knows.

2018/6/7 17:48Profile
savannah

Re: odd of Todd...

"What y’all going to do when they announce they’ve found life or signs of life?"

Same thing as when they told us they'd found intermediate fossils!

"Might not be today but it’s coming in the not too far distant future."

I'll be sure to mark this as yet another false prophecy!

2018/6/7 17:49Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Todd: It might be best if you would, lay out for me how you see your position fulfilling the miraculous creation as declared in scripture. You've probably done this in previous posts over the years, but I don't know your specifics. Could you elaborate?

2018/6/7 17:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy