SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am a young earth creationist is there any other people

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Big Bang cosmology does not fit with the scriptures as God created the star and the planets on Day 3 as creation starts with the earth ! In big bang cosmology you have a molten earth rather than an earth filled with water! Plant Life was created before the Sun.

Even big bang cosmology has changed over time, Todd which form of it do you believe ?

Genesis
Day 1-2 Earth
Day 3 Plant Life
Day 4 Sun, Moon and Stars
Day 5 Sea and Marine Life
Day 6 Land Animals and Humans

Big Bang Cosmology depending on what model
1. Laws of the Universe
2. Particles
3. Galaxies and Stars
4. Sun
5. Molten Earth
6. Oceans
7. Life

https://answersingenesis.org/big-bang/does-the-big-bang-fit-with-the-bible/

I do not know and most scientist have barely scratched are Universe. We cannot even get to the nearest star let alone.
We know that are universe is expanding quickly due to the Microwave Background Radiation but things like Inflation cannot be proven.
The problem is with the Universe. It is worthwhile reading Dr Stuart Burgess book, he made the stars also. There are quite a few different creationist models on how God created the Universe.

Todd have you read any books on Big Bang cosmology! and compared it to the scriptures as most scientists assume atheism from the get go !

I do not believe in an Ether as that was one of the scientific theories that people used to think held the Universe together! Scientific theories tend to change but Gods word does not! To me Science tends to confirm scripture!

2018/6/21 15:06Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I didn’t say I believedin a Big Bang (I wasn’t around back then), I just asked what you think it looked like when God created the universe.

2018/6/21 15:18Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

In the Beginning God...

There was no light therefore you could not see anything.
There was no sun or stars, no moon. God created the universe with the earth together.
"Let there be light" yet no physical sun, no physical stars or reflection of the moon...Yet God brought forth light upon the earth's emptiness and formlessness.

Day one was the Spirit of God moving over the waters which are now taking form, what we find in contradiction to everything we read of science is water, land appears the third day. The waters were divided, those in the sky and those gathered into seas.

Now into the great seas and upon the newly formed land God fills both with animal and plant life.

We find in just these few verses a world that now exists...and God calls what he is doing the work of a Day and the sun had nothing to do with it. We find a reversal our day-count... go from morning to morning but God began with evening to morning. A continual rehearsal of Dark to light, Dark to light, Dark to light.

We find God ruling the day with is own light, then making the Sun, gave it dominion to rule the day and separate darkness from light.

What we don't read is God beginning to rotate the earth and revolved around it's Sun, nor do we read of the revolving of the moon around the earth. Those physical conditions were not important, what was important was the rehearsals...Darkness to light...empty to filled and teeming, lifenessness to full of life and light and reproducing life.

We find out the earth is older than any other created thing for it was created 'in the beginning', not billions of years later as we are told.

God saw to it, we were to use our faith, not our science to understand

2018/6/21 16:21Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

So Marvin when God created the rest of the universe do you think all the heavenly bodies, pulsars, white dwarves, black holes, comets, nebulas, craters, red giants, neutron stars, moons, planets, asteroid belts, trillions of other galaxies, craters on the moon and planets etc etc were just set in the sky “as is” about 6000 years ago?

2018/6/21 16:50Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Todd: Yes, I sure do, remember there was no "light" until God said there was light, it was not until then that any formation of anything took place.

If you have stars, moons, suns, asteroids, comet etc all giving off light...it's meaningless to say 'let there be light' when in fact light already was a physical reality.

We are not introduced to a sky full of stars and nebulas or black holes...we are introduced to utter darkness everywhere until God brought his own light into the universe. I say Universe loosely as the universe that we know didn't exist then.

If you believe the supernatural creation of God, you know God's light was introduced before physical/natural light; it was in the first day ...before the Sun...that he separated light from darkness...the evening and the morning were the first day.

For me, there is no reason to believe otherwise.
Science has not provided the truth for us, and that is to be expected...we do not live by the declarations of the elite scientific community, we live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

I live by the creation account, in that, I am believing God created the world I know by bringing in light, by separating waters, by bringing forth dry land, by filling the world with plants and animals...and finally making man in his own image and likeness male and female he created them.

2018/6/21 19:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

That is all well and good and I respect your consistency, but red dwarves and neutron stars and black holes and pulsars and white dwarves and nebulae are all part of the life cycle of a star, which undeniably exceeds 6000 years in duration.

2018/6/21 19:56Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Todd: Undeniable in what way? Because you know for a bare-fact or are you exhibiting faith in the present theories of cosmic age?

2018/6/22 0:27Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

This chimes in with what I was saying in an earlier post, but this author goes farther and calls our theorizing fruitless.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2018/06/12/is-theoretical-physics-wasting-our-best-living-minds-on-nonsense/#6af9f8387566

2018/6/22 0:28Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Todd: I would really encourage you to look at a cosmology developed by Dr. Russell Humphreys. I teach an introductory astronomy class at a public high school. As a result, I am well aware of the HR diagram and the movement of stars through their life cycles. However, I also know that this science is man's best effort to understand what he is seeing in the universe. Dr. Humphreys has done a lot of work on the startlight / time issue. I think you would find his word very interesting.

The Bible is clear that all of the objects in the universe were created in the six day creation week, and it is very clear to define what is meant by a day. All of the stellar bodies were created on day 4. We also have a clearly defined time-frame from Adam's creation to Abraham and some very clear Biblical as well a corroborating secular histories from Abraham to Christ. So we have a pretty clear maximum age for the universe.

This obviously puts modern astronomy and the Bible at a point of irreconcilable odds about the age of the universe since we see stars that we believe to be millions or billions of years old that we also know are very far away. So something has to be wrong here. Either the Bible is wrong, or we as people simply do not have the scientific understanding of how it all began correct. I go with the latter.

If we start by already knowing the age of the universe, which is clear in scripture, then we realize that we must look deeper than the current secular cosmologies. Humphreys has done this, and I think you would really enjoy studying what he has written.

2018/6/22 0:42Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2018/06/16/ask-ethan-how-do-we-know-the-age-of-the-solar-system/

So, when you read this enlightening astrophysicist you find out very clearly that he conjectures 4.5 bill years from radioactive decay that in no way has been validated with actual decay. The scientists are theorizing its decay and with that baseline project it forward into rock, meteors etc and conceptualize isotope decay.

First is the theory of how our galaxy was formed, then how our earth was formed, the sun was formed. All of this is pure theorizing based upon what they hope is the accurate litmus test (radioactive decay rates).

What is the missing factor never brought forth? Just how much radioactivity in rock samples is considered " a starter rock"? They don't know this. They just assume that whats there is what it is and its decaying at this rate so, that works out to billions of years. Well, it doesn't, when you don't know 'the starter rock radioactive level' you can only guess at decay rates.

If I ate a bologna sandwich...and it digested in 5 hours...we can create a decay rate ratio.
But if that sandwich was really less and a tiny bite, that changes everything...the ratio they just used to forecast all other 'ages of food' is useless. Or if I had 5 sandwichs... and none of our ratio-makers know this...the decay rate ratio is blown to bits.

I smell a very powerful stink of assumptions, these assumptions are what we are getting our dates from and our theorizing and our justifications for godlessness and anti-God rhetoric.

2018/6/22 1:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy