SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am a young earth creationist is there any other people

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

And?

I thought you were going to show where I was “embracing” the epic of Gilgamesh.

2018/6/13 21:48Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Mary: you wrote to me...way deep into this thread and I hadn't thanked you for the kind encouragement. It was way beyond what I deserve, but I am thankful for God's grace to keep me despite myself. Thanks for your gracious post.

2018/6/13 23:18Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

This is insane. The bible was written by men moved by the Spirit. Men. Real, living men who actually lived in an actual time where they were taught actual things according to the actual understanding of the time. They were wrong on a great deal of things as to the cosmology of the world and other sciences.

If anyone disagrees with that I ask you this (I have asked this before):

1. Have you ever spoken by unction of the Spirit?
2. At that time did you understand everything regarding all space, time and matter? Or was the revelation pertaining to the spiritual climate you were in?

Brethren, use common sense. You don't have to believe in what protestants typically believe. Their beliefs are new ones, not the ones taught by our fathers. Dig deeper. Go back to the catholic church from where we came. Dig Deeper. Go back to the apostles and our Christ. Stop there. Forget sola scriptura, sola fide and all the other things we must believe because...others believed that way? We were taught to believe it? Taught that to deny those things is heresy?

Brethren, forget ALL those things. Seek the Truth as laid out by the apostles, the things taught before the wolves came in (Acts 20:29). Before your views on the "doctrines" of the faith were formed. The disciples followed truth and they held to that. It is in SPIRIT not in the letter. Realize that there is an incredible amount of time between what the apostles taught and what we believe. Know that many doctrines were rejected, debated and accepted in that time. Kingdoms fell, others rose. Cultures disappeared, new languages came and languished. Any belief you have is going to affect your view and reading of scripture, isn't that a serious thing? Shouldn't you re-examine the things you were taught? The things that churches across America and the world teach as truth? Sola Scriptura. Infallible in all areas. I have not seen that in the bible. Yet if you come to scripture with that belief then you will see it everywhere and perhaps miss the meaning of a man who did not necessarily share that same belief, a man who was making a much meatier spiritual statement (is not our God spirit?.) Because you believe it, because others believed it who sound good to you, does not make it true. Brethren letting go of these shackles allows you to see the scriptures in an entirely different way and believe me, you who try to make me out as attacking the bible, you will love and cherish those Holy Words more than any other possession on this planet, from Genesis to Revelation the Alpha and Omega is wondrously revealed.

Pray for wisdom brethren.

2018/6/14 0:12Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by Todd
It’s pretty hard for me to believe that humans withstood numerous giant meteor impacts and supervolcanoes etc in the past 6000 years. Where is the biblical record of same? They say when the Yellowstone volcano last erupted 600,000 or so years ago it instantly buried bison many states distance away. And that’s just one volcano and says nothing about the extinction level meteor impacts (we can see the craters) over the earths history.

I've been getting on SI on and off for the last few days and this thread keeping getting longer and longer all because you can't believe someone believes in an old earth. I don't have the time or the unction to argue with anyone on this but I've decided to say that I am with Todd on this. I love Jesus, speak in tongues and have joy unspeakable in my life and I, too, believe in an old earth!

I don't know why Todd believing in an old earth challenges YOUR faith or YOUR belief in God. You still wake up saved and love Jesus, don't you?!! You still love Todd as Christ said to love your neighbor, don't you? I can't understand how someone believing different from the rest of you brings out your heretic measure.

Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. Job 38

God bless us all and in the love of Christ I submit this!!
Lisa

2018/6/14 6:58Profile

Re:

Tyler wrote: Brethren, use common sense. You don't have to believe in what protestants typically believe. Their beliefs are new ones, not the ones taught by our fathers. Dig deeper. Go back to the catholic church from where we came.

---------

I wondered where you were coming from theologically, Tyler, and here it is in full display.

No, we did not come from Roman Catholicism, but rather the church at Rome had gone apostate by the time of Constantine and only continued in greater and greater error. The Waldensees, Albigensees, and a host of other people were not Catholic, but Bible-believing Christians, some of whom were persecuted and wiped out by "mother Rome," and others fled across Europe to the New World. From 1300 to 1800 the Vatican endorsed the murder of over 68 million people, as detailed in Foxe's Book of Martyrs, Broadbent's The Pilgrim Church, and other volumes of the era.

When the Vatican sent its missionaries to India they found believers in Kerala who were the descendants of those who were won to Christ by the apostle Thomas in the first century. They are not Catholic, and never have been.

The apostle Peter was never at Rome, nor was he ever a pope, as the Vatican claims. He was the apostle to the circumcision (Jews), as Paul was the apostle to the uncircumcision (Gentiles). When Paul was martyred the apostle John took oversight of those Gentile churches, not Peter.

Remember, it was the Vatican in 1633 which forced Galileo to recant his theory that the earth revolved around the sun.

2018/6/14 7:30
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Tyler: your last post sure opened a bag of cats, there's about a dozen new threads that could emerge from it.

So, instead of derailing this thread with an attempt to follow any of your points I'll just leave off answering anything in that last post.

2018/6/14 13:43Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Lysa: I knew there were some lurkers out there who sided with Todd but hadn't said anything.

My incessant rattling-on about YEC or OEC is not because I am challenged by unbelief toward God or his word...its the opposite, I am confident in what I believe and therefore make my claims.

However...I praise the Lord for your joy and loving fellowship with Jesus.

2018/6/14 13:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Lisa I do appreciate you chiming in.

I did want to clarify that for me I am able to compartmentalize a non-literal interpretation of Gen. 1 so that it does not affect my belief in literal miracles, including the resurrection, described in the rest of scripture. I do not believe that Genesis 3 is anything other than a literal account.

There has been an attempt made to equate an OE view of creation with a "slippery slope" in regard to other miraculous events in scripture and it has been suggested that to deny a literal rendering of Gen 1 is a denial of the reality of the resurrection. That is an exceedingly large conclusion to jump to and it certainly does describe my position personally. I still believe creation ex nihilo is miraculous, even if occurred more than 6000 years ago. It is no less miraculous if it occurred 6000 years ago or 13 billion years ago.

But, in my mind only (can't speak up for anybody else) I just can't reconcile a 6000 year old earth and all its implications with science. Science is not "the enemy" in my mind; I know others disagree. I know Ken Ham reconciles a 6000 year old earth it to his satisfaction quite easily, and I certainly don't begrudge him for doing so. He may in fact be right; I am not so certain of my view that I cannot 100% rule out his view.

2018/6/14 14:11Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

CalvaryCom, I am not catholic, as I assume youre implying. But I dont count them the boogeyman as many do, at least not as a whole. God judges individuals. I've been too catholic mass a handful of times as an adult to see. But I know my history. What I meant by coming from the catholic church is Luthers break from it and the stsrt of protestantism. So you can trace protestanism to luther, luther from the catholic church and the catholic church back to Paul. Im sorry if you dont like that, but it is true.

Either way what you said about corruption proves my point. Examine the roots of your beliefs.

Who would have thought a day would come when a christian would be attacked for telling people to seek things that are true? Because in the end that is all I'm saying. Don't blindly accept the teachings of whatever denomination you belong to. Seek the truth apart from those things that were established by people you don't know. Hearken back to the writings of those who were approved by Christ and cling to them instead. Seek truth and you will find Christ, not dogma.

2018/6/14 14:18Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by gloryandgrace
My incessant rattling-on about YEC or OEC is not because I am challenged by unbelief toward God or his word...its the opposite, I am confident in what I believe and therefore make my claims.

I have never thought you had unbelief towards God or His word.

Quote:
by TMK
But, in my mind only (can't speak up for anybody else) I just can't reconcile a 6000 year old earth and all its implications with science. Science is not "the enemy" in my mind; I know others disagree. I know Ken Ham reconciles a 6000 year old earth it to his satisfaction quite easily, and I certainly don't begrudge him for doing so. He may in fact be right; I am not so certain of my view that I cannot 100% rule out his view.

I think it's wonderful how you can articulate what you believe because you study it! I did study it years ago but I haven't in the last few years and so I can not argue effectively about it, nor do I want to but praise God, I applaud you for hanging in there with all heretic calling!!

Genesis 1 states "and the earth was void and without form..." Honestly, I was taught years ago that we have no clue what took place during this time, dinosaurs could have lived, the neanderthal could have lived. We do not know because we weren't there and the Bible doesn't specify. So I do not think this is a hell/heaven issue but obviously there are many here that disagree with that!! LOL

Brother, God bless you, don't expect any more from me in this thread, I just wanted to cast my lot towards the old earth and that I'm not bound for hell, praise God, because of it!! :) :) :)

2018/6/14 16:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy