SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can you answer this?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

You’re right about that Bill.

2018/4/20 19:32Profile
savannah

Re: South

Hey Mr Bill,

What's wrong with going South? You're in Texas aren't ya!

One of my sons went South. We're all considering going South now.

Smart birds go South too!

Even Abram went South;

And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the South. Gen. 13:1

2018/4/20 20:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What is evil? The absence of good. If God is the only One Good. Who is evil? He who does not believe God. We must depend on Jesus Christ for God has made unto us who believe God, Jesus is made wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption. Evil is the absence of God in life of His creation. That in itself is evil, created or uncreated. The Goodness of God Himself has created evil. God did not say this day I will create evil, for anything created is not God.

In Christ: Phillip

2018/4/21 0:47Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Todd: Without rehearsing what was said on an earlier thread, I will make sure I am clear on this.

Todd said:"If that charge can be laid at anybody’s feet it is against the Calvinists. For not only do they hold that God created the vast majority of humans with no ability to seek redemption, he also created an unspeakable place to confine them in for all eternity."

This is bibically inaccurate and slanderous, in that Reformed Christians anathematize such a thought.

Calvinists do not hold that view (taken at face value) alone, all orthodox Christianity holds that view.
Humanity not only will not seek God, and when they do it's to work some angle.
Rom 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Rom 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Rom 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

The reading of this text is done everywhere Arminian or Reformed, they acknowledge that man is lost, and he does not seek God, he does not come to Christ
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

In your haste to shift some odious God-authors-sin-charge to the reformed, you have condemned every Arminian who holds that Christ is the only way to God. Why, because good ole arminians believe that the gospel is necessary for conversion, they believe the Spirit of God must convict of sin righteousness and judgment, they believe in the pre-salvation work of God upon a sinner that is requisite for any sinner to believe. In short, They are equally guilty for they too know men have no ability in themselves to save themselves, to answer God with faith or birth themselves by the Spirit of God.

If the sinner does not have the working of God upon their heart they are doomed, they will die in their sins, not because they forsook Christ ( though many have added that sin to their account) but because they are sinners by nature, sinners by action and sinners by will.
God is just...as Paul explicity stated. Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Hell is a reward for the wages of sin, wrath is always upon the sinner and in his hardness and love of sin he will continue in it and justify himself in it.

The culpability lay upon what men are and what men do because of what they are.

God created a lake of fire and he will certainly cast every unbeliever, idolator, liar, fornicator into that lake as a divine judgment upon human and angelic sin.

He could cast you an I into that lake and be fully justified in doing so, we have nothing to recommend ourselves to him, though we may believe him to be merciful, he will not acquit the wicked, he will not defer. It is only by the means he has provided that men are saved.

God has provided the means to save those who have absolutely no recourse, no advocate, no helper, no sacrifice. God provided as Paul goes on to explain in Romans 4-8, if some are not saved, there is no injustice in God for not saving them, their is no injury to his person or accusation that can be fastened upon him. All of God's judgments are just and righteous.

Every Born again Christian realizes this terrible truth, that multitudes of men and women are born into the world as sinners and as sinners they will die and they will know of no blessing, joy or love that was not given of God in this world. But they will endure an eternity of punishment for sins because God derived use for them only while they lived on earth. He was longsuffering because of them, he had long forbearance with them and did not cut them short, though they sinned from youth to old age.

You may think that Calvinists hold some special doctrine that makes God out to be cruel and capricious, but faithful Arminians hold those same truths.

As an aside...I know of no one personally who thinks God is the author of sin, I know of only one Reformed Christian Apologist that explicitly stated such a view, Vincent Cheung. Though wonderful on some levels, he is out to lunch in my opinion about God's authoring sin. But, he is the only one I've read that has stated such.

2018/4/21 0:59Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

Evil did not have to be a thing to be created. Evil is because there is none but God who is good. Thus evil exists because God is the only one who is Good. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are all that is Good. He who has the Son Has life, The Life of God in us, "Christ in you the hope of Glory".

All else save God is evil. That is why Jesus Christ in us is the only righteousness, (goodness in us the absence of evil), the way, God can accept us into heaven.

God did not speak evil into creation. His plan to overcome evil is perfect in Christ to overcome evil, which is outside of Himself, and make us the sons of God in Him.

In Christ: Phillip

2018/4/21 1:41Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

A little off topic here. Many may disagree with me, but I truly believe they're some things that only God can answer, so if you think you have all the answers to everything, you might be God. I also don't believe God is limited to the word of God in what he wants to do or say. A perfect example is, if we knew all that God does, every miracle he's performed would be listed in the Bible. Why do people put God in the box of only what the Bible says? Remember there was nothing mentioned about Jesus between the ages of 12 and 30, we can only guess what he might have been doing, even today we can only guess what God may be doing.

Yes, we do have the information on what God has "done" in the word, but only in our spirits will we ever know what God is doing today in our lives. Maybe if we all would like to know what God is doing today, some of us should list some of the things he's doing/done in our lives, this sure would make a better topic. Sad thing is, it could still bring out the debaters on why God couldn't have done that in your life, and this is why.

2018/4/21 12:30Profile

Thank you for all your insights :)

My thread just crossed my mind and I only want to know people's thoughts about it. But it reminded me what J.C. Ryle said:

"They are depths, which we have no line to fathom. They are truths, which we have not mind enough to comprehend. Let us not attempt to explain things which are above our feeble reason. Let us be content to believe with reverence, and not speculate about matters which we cannot understand."

Thank you for all your insights :)

And have a bless Sunday to you all... :)

2018/4/22 12:34
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Thank you for all your insights :)

Amen Evangeline!

2018/4/22 17:48Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Can you answer this?

I take this perspective. The Bible tells us that Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world. If this is the case, then God knew ahead of time that Adam would sin and made preparation for it. The same with Lucifer in my opinion.

I believe that love is impossible outside of free will and choice. If my wife had no choice but to love me, then what she is giving me would not be love at all, but merely instinct or programming. This is what separates me from the animals, what makes me human and truly alive. God programmed a chicken and a dog with instinct. He made me with free will and choice. I have every ability to choose Him or deny Him. This is, to me, the foundation of relationship.

God is love. He chose to demonstrate His love for me in that while I was yet in rebellion He sent His Son to die for me. His choice demonstrated to me His love.

2018/4/24 8:28Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Travis-

Do you believe that God is “outside time” and looking in, so to speak?

2018/4/24 9:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy