SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Is a Great Revival Coming to America?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Is a Great Revival Coming to America?

No, probably not.

When Judah was going into captivity to Babylon because of their sin and disobedience, the pagan and brutal Babylonians knew better than Israel why the LORD was judging His people!
(see Jeremiah 40:2-3).

In the same way the people of the false Gods like Allah see the sins and immorality of America much clearer than the majority of American Christians. But just like the Jews in Jeremiah's day, they become indignant toward anyone who suggests that judgement is at the door.

But as has been said, there is still hope if only there is widespread repentance. God still held His offer to Judah if only they would repent and He still makes that offer today, but will there be nationwide repentance?
Obviously there can and will be many brands plucked from the fire and even small localized revivals, but nationwide revival? I don't think so. It's gone too far.

2018/3/1 11:58Profile
savannah

Re: question

NO!

Yet I'd encourage all to this study as a help toward revival in their own hearts and lives;

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=59303&forum=40&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1

2018/3/1 13:38Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

It appears that Revival is similar to the knocking of our Lord on our church doors.
Here the Spirit comes, knocking, can he gain entry? Is the outpouring of God's Spirit, its manifestations of repentance, its zeal in prayer, its fear of God, its love for the lost...can it gain entry?
Some will open and they will sup with the Lord, they will partake of a food that Christ gives which is not ordered from men. Men do not have what Christ can serve.
Christ reveals himself in new ways, ways which were hidden by reason of the blindness that always attends lukewarmness, sinfulness, worldliness. Christ brings no blinders, but eye salve, he has gold mined from the Father's vein, he has white raiment certified pure as it is cut from Christ's own raiment.
But all of these things are heavenly. They have no bent towards the world, they give no place to carnality.
When God's Spirit knocks and he is shut out, the church says "we want none of that eye salve-we can see well enough". "We need no gold from such an emotional and exuberant lot, we are pleased with what we have mined ourselves." "We are already white, we know doctrinally how to stay in step with our own creeds and traditions".

So it will be, Christ will come and he will find entry and those who give him entry will overcome. They will sit with him in his throne. ( A staggering promise) Those who do not, forfeit what he offers and will on judgment day recognize Christ did come to them, knocked and was denied.

However widespread it will be, Christ will lose nothing he purchased and however small it will be Christ will magnify himself and honor his people.

There is a Church in the United States and it is God's people and they will be victorious in the end. There is a religious embellishment, a Christian ideal that serves a sector of persons in the United States, this will die and it's demise is for the true Church's benefit and God's glory.

We all face a reality, revival or not, there is not a single command to be kept or a single promise given to glorify himself that his people are withheld from partaking in. Judgment will not come because of the lack of revival, it comes because all of the countless days, sermons, radio broadcasts, TV programs, Evangelists, pastors, crusades and a myriad other things that God provided were ignored or suppressed.

2018/3/1 16:06Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Is a Great Revival Coming to America?

So, the question is not, "Do we need revival?" nor is the question, "Is God willing to send revival?"

Instead, the question is, "Do we really want revival? Will we welcome a divine visitation if it came?"

Or, to ask the question even more pointedly, "As God's people, do we really want Him to visit us afresh, or are we content to remain in our compromised spiritual state?"

As I re read all these posts on this forum of Christians or Believers.. I say that because there are Christians and Believers.
I am a Believer of GOD sending a revival for HIS sake for t he unsaved that have not come in yet. As a Believer I pray daily and I do my part of repenting and trying to line my life of with the WOrd of God in all areas.

John 3:16=17
John 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV). 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved

Without another great awakening we have no HOPE and I will continue to pray and Believe that God wants revival because He is a God of Judgment but still Mercy.
Did not Abraham plead with GOD and say if there were 10 righteous would he hold back his hand of Judgement

Genesis 18:16-33 New International Version (NIV)
Abraham Pleads for Sodom
16 When the men got up to leave, they looked down toward Sodom, and Abraham walked along with them to see them on their way. 17 Then the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? 18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him.[a] 19 For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”

20 Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the Lord.[b] 23 Then Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24 What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare[c] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

26 The Lord said, “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”

27 Then Abraham spoke up again: “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, 28 what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five people?”

“If I find forty-five there,” he said, “I will not destroy it.”

29 Once again he spoke to him, “What if only forty are found there?”

He said, “For the sake of forty, I will not do it.”

30 Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?”

He answered, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”

31 Abraham said, “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found there?”

He said, “For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it.”

32 Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”

He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

33 When the Lord had finished speaking with Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home.

In Christ
Sister Frannie
A Believer for revival and Mercy..

2018/3/19 19:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy