SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Have we become so immune???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Bear

I’m going to stop responding to you in this thread after this. Bear you’re from one extreme to the other, please point out where anyone here said the American church is perfect. Look I don’t know what you’re trying to prove, but something is wrong with someone spiritually, that just “continues” to degrade the church. Just remember this, they’re some of us here that are saved, and according to my Bible, it says the spirit comes to reside in us, so go ahead and cut the church which is the people, but remember you’re also cutting the spirit in us. Have a wonderful evening, unless you have other plans.

2018/2/18 19:32Profile
savannah

Re: warning

"We have had prophetic warnings from men such as David Wilkerson, Paul Washer, A W Tozer and others."

Here's one of those warnings from AWT -

The only power God recognizes in His Church, is the power of His Spirit. Whereas the only power actually recognized today by the majority of evangelicals, is the power of man. God does His work by the operation of the Spirit--while Christian leaders attempt to do theirs by the power of trained intellect. Bright personality, has taken the place of the divine influence. But only what is done through the Eternal Spirit, will abide eternally.

For centuries the Church stood solidly against every form of worldly entertainment, recognizing it for what it was:
a device for wasting time,
a refuge from the disturbing voice of conscience,
a scheme to divert attention from moral accountability.
But of late she appears to have decided that if she cannot conquer the great god entertainment--she may as well join forces with him and make what use she can of his power.

Christianity is so entangled with the world, that millions never guess how radically they have missed the New Testament pattern. Compromise is everywhere!

Evangelical Christianity is now tragically below the New Testament standard.
Worldliness is an accepted part of our way of life.
Our religious mood is social, instead of spiritual.
We have lost the art of worship.
We are not producing saints.
Our models are successful business men, celebrated athletes and theatrical personalities.
We carry on our religious activities after the methods of the modern advertiser.
Our homes have been turned into theaters.
Our literature is shallow, and our hymnody borders on sacrilege.
And scarcely anyone appears to care!

2018/2/18 22:13Profile

Re:

A W Tozer gave us prophetic warnings in the 1950s and 60s which we consider the Happy Days. What would he think of the American church in 2018???

Blaine

2018/2/18 22:32

Re:

Paul Washer prophesize judgement on Church in America. Message is a bit dated given in 2009. But still the message is relevant.

https://youtu.be/2EJu_GC3R-o

Blaine

2018/2/18 23:24
docs

Re: Attitude

Again bear,

No one opposes your calling and your ministry to call the church to deeper intercession for the persecuted church. Yet one of the stumbling blocks in specific ministries saints feel called to is that they begin to see everything through the eyes of their calling only. Their view can become that if other members of the body are not doing exactly what I am doing something is wrong with them and they are missing it. Some pastors experience seasons where they become aggravated in their flesh at their congregation because it is not progressing to deeper maturity like they think it should be. Then, like Moses striking the rock out of aggravation at his congregation in the wilderness, they begin to lash out and condemn the very people they are called to shepherd. As nice as I can say it, the issue that has been raised here is how you berate, brow beat and condemn those who don't see or do things the very same way you see and do things when it comes to intercession for the persecuted brethren. In spite of all the good it has done and is doing, your calling seems to have effected you in a negative way and put a hostile chip on your shoulder. It can be seen in the way you address others at times. Your OP was way rude and full of untrue assumptions. It's too bad that at times spiritual warriors can become wounded warriors. I think you are so aggravated and have become so ready to condemn the American church that you have become wounded in a way. Your ministry is working against you to a degree. I remember When Pres Trump was elected you said that the American church had forfeited its right to heaven because it voted for him over the other candidate. These type of accusations and others like them need to stop bro. These very things that aggravate you so much should be taken to the Lord in prayer and intercession also. Wisdom and the calling of the Holy Spirit to depend on His ability dictates a higher way. You yourself and your all important calling in the body of Christ are far too important for your ministry to get the best of you. I would consider examining myself and see if there be any hurtful way in you. A brother I esteem not so long ago pointed out to me a negative way in which I was treating others though I was doing it inadvertently. It ended up being painful for me to have to examine myself but he was right and his pointing this out to me has since borne good fruit. Striking the rock misrepresented God and cost Moses. Continual striking the rock shows a area in people that has got them instead of them having it. Just consider some of these things because if the American church has become your enemy then your ministry has wounded you. There is a danger of sorts when one carries the true burden of the Lord and it becomes a source of aggravation toward everyone when they don't respond quickly and automatically the way we think they should as it relates to what we carry and how we see things. Ministry can build but ministry can wound good bro. It's my opinion if you get rid of your apparent woundedness you will be much better and better able to build. He which began a good work in the American church is well able to complete it. You are very valuable to the good Lord above.

Blessings, peace and may the good Lord above anoint you afresh.

2018/2/19 8:44Profile

Re:

David writes...

~~~
Yet one of the stumbling blocks in specific ministries saints feel called to is that they begin to see everything through the eyes of their calling only.
~~~

Brother respectfully this is not seeing things through the eyes of my calling. One does not need to be a so-called prophet to connect the dots and the tragedies that have occurred since the August 21st eclipse.

The question is can we see that the church and consequently the nation is under judgement? The question is can we hear God speaking?

The tragedy in Florida is one serious of tragedies that have occurred since August 21st. Before August 21st tragedies were occurring but since that date they have increased in frequency. I'm one of the few that accept the solar eclipse as God's judgement over the nation and the church.

But even if many reject that notion certainly we can wake up and see that something is going down. We as believers in Christ have the answer. Yet it is many in our own ranks who scoff at the notion of God's judgment upon the American Church and consequently upon the nation.

There are some secularist that when looking at the calamities will use phrases such as a "catastrophe of biblical proportions". The secularist and the atheist seem to attach more credence that things are happening on this planet than believers in Christ do.

We are supposed to have the mind of Christ. We are supposed to be the watchman on the wall. We are supposed to be the ones to discern the things that are happening which will point to the soon return of Jesus Christ.

But it appears that we are the ones who are asleep. We are the ones who did not want to wake up to the cry of awake O sleeper and rise from the dead and Christ will shine on you.

May God have mercy on us. May Hearts be awakened to hear the truth of Christ. Even in our own ranks.

Blaine

2018/2/19 9:07
docs

Re:

My comments were not mainly about whether one is a prophet or not and able to see what is happening in the world and America.

My comments were directed at the attitude and untrue assumptions you have displayed many times toward others.

God bless.

2018/2/19 9:21Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear it is obvious that you are the only one who cannot see the things about yourself that David has outlined.

As to your point about the eclipse, is it necessary for me to go back through history and enumerate every tragedy, weather event, war, catastrophe, explosion etc?

There is nothing new under the sun.

I wholeheartedly agree that America is in crisis but it has nothing to do with the eclipse. It has to do with what Tozer said that was recently quoted by Savannah.

2018/2/19 12:27Profile

Re:

And how many more tragedies will it take before this forum wakes up. How many more tragedies will it take before the American Church wakes up.

Those who are crying peace and safety will be those in our own ranks. As there are more church and school shootings. As there are more severe weather events. And Lord only knows what else maybe fall on us. How many more calamities and tragedies must take place before the believers in America will wake up and fall on their faces before God. And repent.

On the eve of the Bolshevik Revolution as Lenin was spewing his poison it was said that the Russian Orthodox Church was debating how many angels could dance on the head of a pin.

As Hitler was spreading the poison of Nazism and slaughtering the Jews the German Lutheran Church was debating how long and what color the drapery should be around the communion table.

As tragedies continue to unfold I'm sure the Forum will debate their theological issues oblivious to the sudden destruction that will soon come up on them. The same can be said for the American Church.

At this point I can only say God have mercy on us.

Blaine

2018/2/19 12:50

Re:

For the few who are listening to the Spirit please heed the verse below,

Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by. Is. 26:20

God is about to judge the church and this nation. For the remnant who are listening, go hide yourself in your prayer rooms until his judgement has passed.

Blaine

2018/2/19 13:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy