SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of

How come that is everyone's response to these people, "go clean out the hospitals or go clean out the leper colonies"?

Jesus said, "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY: and nothing shall by any means hurt YOU."

YOU includes you who are talking down about these other people. Or was not that verse in two or more of the transcripts, so therefore the church gives it no respect?

I'm not yelling nor am I "mad" upset, I'm just wondering, my friends. Lift up instead of tearing down. My granny used to say if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Perhaps, we should take the elders advice.

It's sad to watch Chrisitan's jump on the bandwagon. I don't agree with the Copeland's but God hasn't struck them dead yet, so God must have need of them for something besides other Christians talking bad about them.

Let US take the power He's given US, you and me, and do something constructive!! How 'bout that? :) :) :)

God bless us all,
Lisa

2018/2/9 14:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Lysa-

Unfortunately the gross excesses of the Charismatic Movement commands that such cynical questionable be asked.

There are too many parlor tricks (eg leg lengthening “miracles”) and not enough truly 100% verifiable miracles.

I know without a doubt that God still heals miraculously. But people still get “healed” fraudulently.

2018/2/9 14:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Maybe I'm confused here on the meaning of these scriptures.

Ephesians 5:11 ….Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

John the Baptist called the Pharisees and Sadducees “a generation of Vipers” Matt. 3:7. Today, he would be accused of being unloving, unkind, and unchristian.

For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect (Matthew 24:24, NKJV).

Jesus said to the religious Pharisees, "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matt. 12:34). To many evangelicals and some fundamentalists, this would be unacceptable language today, but it is biblical language and it came from the mouth of the Son of God.

There is a difference between judging and exposing, judging can sometimes come from opinions, but in my world, exposing is scriptural.

2018/2/9 14:32Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Lisa, I am not trying to slander the Copelands, I actually do love them as Jesus commanded me to love my enemies. But I see them destroying lives with their false teaching. Every chance I get I will expose false teachers.

God bless you sister.

2018/2/9 14:38Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Nigel

Great post! if we as Christians do not expose these folks, especially to the new Christians, the new Christians will just wind up supporting these false teachers with their time and tithes. You probably couldn't drag the old supporters away from these false teachers, because most have to much time and money involved in their ministries, and of course they're still waiting on their miracles to come to pass for all their support.

2018/2/9 14:45Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

If you want to address why Gloria Copeland is wrong about the prosperity message then why not start a post on that subject, but it is wrong to use a part of a quote implying that she said not to get a flu shot. This is her personal belief. If you belief that you will catch the flu without getting a flu shot, then you probably ought to get one.

Gloria Copeland is right
about the healing power
that is in the Word.

Do not let them (the Word) depart from your sight; Keep them in the midst of your heart. 22For they are life to those who find them And health to all their body. (Proverbs 4: 21,22)

Derek Prince confirms this
truth in his teaching on healing:

“God’s Medicine Bottle”
https://youtu.be/9-vcKWgCScg

2018/2/9 19:01Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I do believe in healing. However it is erroneous to believe we will never get sick. Sometimes God uses afflictions and sickness to bring us closer to Him. Remember Paul's thorn in the flesh?

2018/2/9 19:20Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Mike

Brother Mike with all due respect, I started this thread, and in my opinion it hasn't been hijacked. I feel the the comments so for are still relevant to my original thoughts on starting it. If you feel you don't agree, I respect your opinion, but you don't have to post.

2018/2/9 19:42Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I believe *responsible* teaching on healing is sorely lacking in the church. It seems like we have two extremes and the truth lies smack dab in the middle.

I personally think that our mindset must be that when we pray for someone to be healed that God wants them healed and that our prayer will result in healing for Jesus’ sake.

If that is not our mindset we cannot pray in faith. If we are “hedging our bets” it is not possible to be in faith.

When Peter healed the lame man he was not hedging his bet.

We must pray in faith and leave the results to God. We do not need to make excuses or hedge our bets. Why? Because Jesus went around healing people and we are called to be like Jesus.

2018/2/9 21:33Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

29 For the one who eats and drinks without careful regard for the body eats and drinks judgment against himself. 30 That is why many of you are weak and sick, and quite a few are dead.

29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.

Seems pretty straight forward....

Again, are we (who are the body) discerning the body of Christ?
If not, why not? What is our motive? (Ourselves or Christ)

2018/2/10 10:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy