SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Name a Sermon that Changed You

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
savedtoserve

Name a Sermon that Changed You

Can everyone share one (or more!) Sermon that has greatly helped their christian life or helped you through a really rough time? I know many of the helps are unique to each particular person, but I'd still like to hear. God bless!

I'll start: "When Is Not, Is" by Reggie Kelly

2018/2/4 21:37Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Name a Sermon that Changed You

“10 shekels “ Paris Reidhead

2018/2/4 22:06Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I have given out more CD's of this sermon and this is the sermon that I refer to the most on here. His honesty about his walk with the Lord is what moved me.

Revival Forum - George Middebrook
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10853&commentView=itemComments

2018/2/4 22:15Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"A Call To Anguish" by David Wilkerson
"The Precious Blood, Our Only Hope" by A. W. Tozer

2018/2/5 7:59Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Greg Laurie..."How To Go To Church"...Very powerful and truthful.

https://www.harvest.org/watch-and-listen/webcast/watch/how-to-go-to-church

2018/2/5 9:00Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Thanks Bill for that link. To those who have not watched the video, Greg Laurie shares why it is important to be plugged into a local congregation church fellowship. Good stuff here. And I know from reading other threads that you, Mr. Bill, are in a situation where you want to be in a local church but have not found one near you. I feel for you and I don't want to throw stones at you. I enjoy your input here on this forum. But perhaps you can understand why I thought your choice of a sermon that changed you is rather ironic. Keep up your search. God knows your heart is not rebellious but tender towards him. Peace to you.

Your brother in Christ,

-Daniel

2018/2/5 10:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Brother Daniel

Quote:
Brother Daniel said...But perhaps you can understand why I thought your choice of a sermon that changed you is rather ironic.

Brother Daniel, life can be ironic sometimes, don’t you think? You know what else is ironic? How about praying for something for a very long time and then getting the exact opposite of that which you’re praying for. God sometimes answers our prayers in completely ironic ways. This is one of the most wonderful things that can happen as we continue to serve God, we can fight him all the way, but he can always in his "very gracious" way, help us to see what’s best for us.

You said “God knows your heart is not rebellious but tender towards him”. Daniel you’re correct, my flesh was suffering from disappointment from the past church I attended, but God knew my heart to serve him among the fellowship of other believers had never changed. If the world just could act with the same grace God does, Wow! We could set this world on fire for Jesus Christ, but we have the flesh to deal with, God doesn’t. Thanks Daniel for taking the time to listen to Pastor Greg’s sermon, it’s a very powerful, truth filled and gracious sermon, and it also bears witness to the fact, they’re still many great modern day Pastors preaching God’s truth. Praise Jesus!

2018/2/5 11:32Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

It was an old audio cassette. Lewis land of Revival ... some years ago now.

2018/2/5 12:17Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

I second JFW

10 Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead

amazing!

2018/2/5 12:22Profile
sam09

UK

The Judgement Seat of Christ - Leonard Ravenhill

2018/2/5 14:50Profile