SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : 16th century Anabaptist taught : "innocent party to a divorce was permitted to remarry"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Sandra, sad story. Personally I would say, marriage is marriage, if the boy or the girl was so weak they allowed the parents to pressure them into marriage, that should have never happened. As you know God doesn't elaborate on marriage and divorce, he's pretty straight forward about it, so it's simple enough in my opinion even most really young folks probably understand. If God didn't list a scenario if this happen, my guess is they were married, and should be held accountable to what God say's in his word, about marriage and remarriage. I'll say this again, divorce is not an unforgivable sin, as some holier than thou Christians might like it to be, and probably the ones that have not had to deal with divorce in their family. The best answer to your question, "can she remarry" well yes she can, we 'can" do anything we want, will she suffer consequences as a result of remarrying? I don't know, but I do know this, God is tough, and wants us to try and live according to his word, but I would say this also, God's not blind...

2018/1/10 14:37Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Savannah,

This is what happens when one puts their theology ahead of following the Holy Spirit and allowing the Holy Spirit (not themselves) to guide a person/couple.

Sad, so sad. I believe these 3 couples will have blood on their hands.

2018/1/10 17:03Profile

Re:

As I read Savannah's last post I shook my head in sadness. I couldn't help but weep in my heart for the dear man who committed suicide. I could not help but weep in my heart for the dear young woman who was told she can never remarry. That because of somebody who initiated the divorce against her.

Those of you who take New Covenant teaching and turn it into Old Covenant legalism need to be aware. For God will require an accounting. I think Jesus had a few choice things to say about the legalists in Matthew 23.

Blaine

2018/1/10 17:33

Re:

Lysa writes...

""This is what happens when one puts their theology ahead of following the Holy Spirit and allowing the Holy Spirit (not themselves) to guide a person/couple.

Sad, so sad. I believe these 3 couples will have blood on their hands.""

Sister for the letter kills but the Spirit gives life.

Blaine

2018/1/10 17:39
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

I love you all in Christ, even though we do not agree on this subject and I would like to point out one more verse. A lot of you hammer on what Jesus said about the sin of adultery, but conveniently leave this verse out...

Matt 5: 27 You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

By this one verse alone, all men have been condemned because they've ALREADY committed (the act of) adultery in his heart.

If there is no mercy or forgiveness for the remarried, can you please explain to me why there is mercy for the husband who commits adultery in his heart???

2018/1/11 6:40Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This is really getting deep now, I’m taking it a little deeper. :-)

“But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart”.

Does this mean even a married man? Because I must have lust after my wife thousands of times. It does say anyone "I'm anyone" who looks at a woman to lust after her “my wife was a woman”. So did I commit adultery even though I was married? Please provide scriptures, not opinions to my question.

2018/1/11 9:09Profile
savannah

Re: sin...and sin

"By this one verse alone, all men have been condemned because they've ALREADY committed (the act of) adultery in his heart."

8 verses before Jesus said what He did in verse 28, He said this,

“For I say to you, that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Herein lies the key to understanding verse 28. The Jews saw the Law as only going so far as the commital of the outward physical act. Whereas, the Law was intended to reveal the desperately wicked and deceitfully evil heart of man.

Jesus words in verse 28 reflects this truth. Sin is a heart problem where the root lies. His intention was to show these self-righteous men that just because they hadn't committed the physical act of adultery, nevertheless they were guilty.

And the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. You fools! Did not he who made the outside make the inside also? Luke 11:39,40

The sin of David with Bathsheba is not the same as the man who looks with lust. It may very well lead to the act, as we know it did with David. But anyone who insists it is the same, would have to introduce me to one woman who conceived as a result of a man looking and lusting at her.

The point Jesus was making was that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. If Christ is not your righteousness, then you must think you have a righteousness of your own to offer to God and enter the Kingdom of Heaven upon such grounds. Such is the case with many who deceive themselves, missing the truth of salvation being 100% God's grace. To them, Christ's death becomes of no effect.

If I thought of having all that money in the bank, and I looked at it with lust as I saw the vault open one afternoon as I was cashing my $800 check for that week, would I be handcuffed by the officer upon attempting to exit the building? Would the judge sentence me and require me to do time as a convicted bank robber?

This illustration serves to show that the two are not the same. Although I'm guilty, having a sinful heart to lust for that which is not mine, I won't be doing the time because I haven't committed the crime.

I may not be dying of some STD in the hospital as the guy lying in the hospital bed next to me, but I may be lying and dying in that hospital bed from the injuries suffered from that jealous husband who saw me looking with lust at his wife.

If I dreamed last night that I had married the woman of my dreams, upon waking would I be guilty of adultery if I did eventually marry a woman I met the following year who was not that woman in my dream?

All sin is equally sin, but all sin is not equal.

2018/1/11 11:05Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I agree that all sin is not equal, there is even scripture that proves that. I think this scripture would be a good example “In John 19:11, Jesus says to Pilate, “…he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.” I believe Jesus is saying here that some sins are considered greater. I agree that all sins may be unequal in the degree to which they offend God, and harm others, but I also believe all sins are equal in their ability to be forgiven.

2018/1/11 12:09Profile

Re:

Savannah regarding the two heart-wrenching situations you shared in the young woman and the husband in his second marriage. Were these two incidents in the same church.

Whatever happened to the young woman you shared about. Did she ever leave the church and find a young Christ-centered man to marry?

Also what was the response of the three elders when they saw the husband who hung himself because of their counsel? What was the response of his separated second wife?

Just curious what the outcome was of the situations you shared about. For they truly have ripped my heart.

Blaine

2018/1/11 13:22
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Blood is on their hands as far as I am concerned. Disgusting.

2018/1/11 14:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy